ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

-Sorry about the wreck Willy. Glad everything is alright.

-That 500 was lackluster.

-I hate Mondays. I really really hate Mondays.

Originally posted by maverick1:

Anybody seen a Wyvern post lately?
Y'all ever think about how truly disgusting snow cream is? Used to love it as a kid, of course, til I realized just exactly what the hell I was actually eating. Would anyone in their right mind add a little sugar to a glass of rain water and chug like it was liquid manna? Mmmmm pour me a tall glass of that nasty-ass rain water please and add a little extry dirt, I'm PARCHED.
laugh.r191677.gif
Mav, That's why you add the vanilla extract. It cancels out the dysentery.

Blue Rupp- Doing okay, woke up a bit stiff in my neck, but overall good.

Doing okay, woke up a bit stiff in his neck, but overall good.

Originally posted by UKGrad93:

This morning was -5, but feels like -21 according to the weather channel. I'm tired of the cold.
I'm definitely fed up with this Ice Station Zebra[/I] bullshit.

Originally posted by maverick1:

This morning was -5, but feels like -21 according to the weather channel. I'm tired of the cold.
I'm definitely fed up with this Ice Station Zebra[/I] bullshit.
Hey Mav, before Beav makes a drive by, as I'm sure you know, and not because I noticed anything out of place, and not..., well we are 27-0. FCC.

-Woke up this morning and realized it was almost March. Better start checking in more often. I want to be on my A game when 40-0 is realized.
smokin.r191677.gif

-And I agree, this weather sucks ball dandruff from all of your tighty whites. I am ready for spring.

Glad nobody hurt in crash Willy

where has dondaddy been...did he dis-own the "D"

Still way to cold for me...want mid eighties but now I will settle for mid forties..

Happy Monday FCC...

This post was edited on 2/23 6:18 PM by 55wildcat

Glad you're OK Willy.

Got home from Florida to realize my house's pipes are frozen solid. No water in the house. I'm about to lose my MF mind. Got to wait till it warms up to thaw... GFL.

My furnace, water heater and front yard will probably explode/implode any time now.

Good times. Glad I went on vacation.

No worries FCC, Ymmot pretty much nailed it ha ha

55-Thanks. I almost rear ended a van, swerved, which clipped that van. Bounced off and hit another car in the side.

Kooky- You kinda forget how weather works when you are down here.

Saw my brother for the first time in a little over 5 years. Almost didn't recognize him. He had a full beard with handlebar mustache. Pretty surreal getting introduced to all the people on his wife's side of the family. Like he had been in the witness protection program.

He told me that he & his wife drove upon the accident scene of his step son, while it was being investigated.

I got to meet & hang out with some of his step-son's Army buddys. Pretty cool guys. They had decided that my brother was a good guy, and by extesion, I was treated well. They all had nicknames. Within a few hours, I was given a nickname too. It was a real honor to be taken into the fold. They seemed pleased that I had come to honor their fallen comrade, never mind that they had all just driven 900 miles to be there.

Sounds like a good time Grad93. Good thing being with your brother. FCC.

Catching up.

Willy...so glad nobody was seriously hurt. wrecks suck. thankful all is going to be ok.

Uk grad: Realize the circumstances were not the best, BUT sounds like a good trip. I'm sure it meant more than you realize that you made the re-connect.

Mav: change those tittays.

Funky: Are you back to school yet

Sick of this weather. I've been up since 4 this morn, been home for less than an hour. Tired, cold..

For the mechanics on here...Driving down the hwy today, all of my instrument panel went totally bonkers, died, then my steering wheel just locked. I was on cruise control, and luckily was able to get to side of hwy. Called and had that sucker towed, cab to rental place. My guy over the phone said it might be alternator? Shit I dunno, just want it to start, run and get me home, AND if was effffffn freezing waiting for over an hour. Uggggggg. He may be able to get to Wed.

Stay warm.

BTW: Where is Herod? was he part of the Oscars last night and he is holding out on us? That is what I think.
BBH: Where did he go?

Abby

I updated Katie earlier today Blu
3dgrin.r191677.gif

man, I'd give a hundo right now for that pot o seafood you posted yesterday

Mav: I guess my eyes are frozen too. Sorry. Thawing out now. I love seafood, and I will say Ruby's has an amazing tray not far from what I posted. Not cheap, but it is amazing. Order almost every time I go.

BBH: I'm sorry I missed your earlier post. Where you been? How are you/family? Miss seeing you here.

Kooky: I also overlooked your pipes freezing. CANNOT imagine. Sorry.

I think it is time to travel to a warmer climate. This crap is killing me, dry skin etc. Need some sun/lil tan going on.

Be good all.
smile.r191677.gif

60 degrees when I went to work this AM. 37 now. Hesh, it's probably your alternator. Your battery is low too, that's why it didn't take up the slack when things went south.

Thanks Blu.

Wife spent entire day in phone on hold from Water Company (United). Plus 3 separate plumbers of which only one showed up. F NJ. Weather to be in the teens all week.

No resolution in site...

Wife went to KMart to take a dump... She'd kill me if she knew I let her 'secret' out. At this point I hope she does.

Hurt my neck at kung fu tonight. Was awesome. The head master was sparring with me. He was putting me in so much pain. I was laughing, because I told him all I wanted to do was hit him. He made it hurt worse, but we both had s good laugh.
I forgot how much I used to enjoy fighting. Getting hit, hitting back.

Had this friend. First time we met, I knew he trained, and this was back 15 years ago. We met at a party. It was like 4 in the morning. Some how, he was like, you want to fight? It wasn't like touch you or angry. I said sure. It was awesome. We fought in a gravel parking lit for 20 minutes easy, with bloodied fists and faces. We scared a few people. Funny thing, not an ounce of animosity from either of us. Great memory.

Going drinking in a month. Excited.

Yep Blu, it sounds like the Alt. That sucks. If the D League had a commercial building hang-out lair, we'd could fix that thing right up. I'd let Ghost take the lead cuz it sounds like he knows some shit.

LEK- awesome post. I'd like to do that martial arts stuff but I smoke too much weed.

Blu -sorry about the car. I agree that the alternator & battery would be the place to start. May be able to recharge the battery vs. buying a new one. They can test it though to see if it is good. I managed to drive a car nearly 200 miles once with a bad alternator. Basically ran the car on just a battery, but that was 25 years ago. Car didn't have nearly as much electronics as now. Also lucky for me, my dad & brothers were mechanics. I should've paid more attention.

LEK - Kung Fu sounds awsome. I sometimes wish I knew how to fight, but I don't like getting hit.

Getting hit isnt so bad. Its not like people throwing haymakers full force. No one likes it, but it becomes a teacher of how not to get hit in the future.

I dont know. I used some in the streets about 15 years ago. Pretty crazy story with two freshman football players at UofL. They were white and small, but still...

Now that I am older, I just walk away and avoid physical conflict at all costs. Probably how most people are. Its not worth it.

I thought you were banned.

I thought BLW was dead.

OUR PETSHEADSAREFALLINGOFF!!!!

I got March Madness already. Can't focus much. Weather has me all out of sorts. Go Cats.

...speaking of, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I ain't looked much, and want to make sure i wasn't hallucinating..

I was watching that POS program to our west and the bottom line comes a scrolling along and I swear it said Chris Jones was dismissed for a string of events related to his ADHD. I lol'd, rewound it, and saw it again. ADHD the escape goat?

Originally posted by -LEK-:
Getting hit isnt so bad. Its not like people throwing haymakers full force. No one likes it, but it becomes a teacher of how not to get hit in the future. .
Yep. I liked sparring -- even though I sucked at it. Without going all Kwai Chang Caine here, something about the contact heightens your awareness.

Hey Blu, glad I was missed.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

My home PC has bit the dust and I haven't been in the office as much with things being slow this winter. When I am home, I am online with a laptop that I am pretty sure is run by a hamster on a wheel inside.

Now that we are getting into the stretch run of the season, I am likely to be on much more.

BBH, Ive been same way. I go through periods where I can post a lot, or go days without reading. My work has been super busy, so good to see you back!

-Still think we need Jedwar back. We also need to recruit LordEgg in this thread.

roll.r191677.gif

Daniel Orton was kicked out of Philippine Basketball Association for making fun of Manny Pacquiao's basketball ability.

On KSR...with video proof of Manny's basketball woes

"Professional boxer, yeah, okay… professional basketball player, no. It's a joke," Orton said after playing against the boxing legend last week. Pacquaio was held to one point in the game against Orton's Purefoods Hotshots club.[/QUOTE]
The "insult" infuriated Filipinos, especially Rene Pardo, an administrator for Orton's former team. "Everyone is angry at him," Pardo said. "It is like he went to the United States and insulted the name of Martin Luther King."

Originally posted by Mashburned:

Daniel Orton was kicked out of Philippine Basketball Association for making fun of Manny Pacquiao's basketball ability.

On KSR...with video proof of Manny's basketball woes
Manny would make a hell of an enforcer though, kinda like little Calvin Murphy back in the day. Nobody effed with any of Calvin's teammates cause they knew he'd kick their ass
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Also, in what has to be one of the weirdest dichotomies in sports history -- given that Calvin was a bad-ass fighter and fathered like 25 kids -- he was also a champion baton twirler
laugh.r191677.gif

LEK: Question, did you previously do Kung Fu stuff? Or is this a new venture?

roll.r191677.gif
@ Daniel Orton..never really, liked him. I met him, and he was just arrogant, smug kid at an Alumni function. I thought he had a bodyguard that day/night. No...it was his father.

Thanks for the tips on the car. It was/is alternator, it just scary cruising down hwy and that happens.

BBH...stay...of course you're missed.

Making White chili today. had everything here I needed, and have not made a batch this year. love it....good cold weather dish.

Daniel is lucky he got to leave the Philippines in one piece.

I knew Manny was crazy talented and owned that country, but never would have dreamed he was playing in their pro basketball league.

I really need to start clearing snow off my truck before it freezes. Spent 40 minutes this morning clearing snow/ice off my truck before I left and didn't even get it all. A lot of it fell off on the interstate when I was trying to see how much I could get to blow off. Snow hates me. Anybody else do the same thing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT