ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. Hustling today to clean up some work disasters not of my making.

I dig the chatter about the Fountainbleu. I stayed at that Grand, if fading, old lady of a hotel a few times back in the 1990s just because of what it symbolized to the early glory days of Miami. I felt the same way about hotels like the St. Francis in San Fran and the Algonquin and Waldorf Astoria in NYC. When traveling on business (on someone else's dime) I preferred those old, historic places.

I hope everyone has a good day. I'll check in on you animals later.

Pecans are something we do not run out of around here. I have a very close friend who lives in Dublin, Georgia and he has some of the best pecans in the South coming off of his trees. He keeps me supplied.

And speaking of left overs. I am a left over lover. In fact I make huge pots of chili, vegetable soup and beans just to have left overs. To me the left overs taste better, especially chili.

I can't get over the picture below and every time I see it I get tickled. Here we have a motorist with a flat tire. The man stays in the car and his girl friend gets out. A Florida State Trooper changes the tire for the man and his girl.

I wonder what she is telling the trooper? They don't make traffic stops like this any more.

enhance
Well, we sure don't jack cars up by the bumper anymore. I vaguely remember that being the method in the past, but don't recall when it stopped. 1970 cars? 1960? And I don't recall jacks without a foot base at all.

Good morning D-League. Hustling today to clean up some work disasters not of my making.

I dig the chatter about the Fountainbleu. I stayed at that Grand, if fading, old lady of a hotel a few times back in the 1990s just because of what it symbolized to the early glory days of Miami. I felt the same way about hotels like the St. Francis in San Fran and the Algonquin and Waldorf Astoria in NYC. When traveling on business (on someone else's dime) I preferred those old, historic places.

I hope everyone has a good day. I'll check in on you animals later.
Did you ever stay at Yocum's?

Pecans are something we do not run out of around here. I have a very close friend who lives in Dublin, Georgia and he has some of the best pecans in the South coming off of his trees. He keeps me supplied.

And speaking of left overs. I am a left over lover. In fact I make huge pots of chili, vegetable soup and beans just to have left overs. To me the left overs taste better, especially chili.

I can't get over the picture below and every time I see it I get tickled. Here we have a motorist with a flat tire. The man stays in the car and his girl friend gets out. A Florida State Trooper changes the tire for the man and his girl.

I wonder what she is telling the trooper? They don't make traffic stops like this any more.

enhance
"...I am a left over lover..." <- That right there is a country song waiting to happen.

I do not think we are on the same page with the meaning, though. :)

Good morning! Woke up to a wet morning here. Tee time is at 1015 and the rain is supposed to have moved out by then. I like to play in tennis shoes but when the ground is wet I wear spikeless golf shoes. I don't know if they give more traction, but they are definitely more waterproof.

I am not happy with the world I live in now. My immediate area is fine, and in fact, as good as it's ever been. I'm talking about society in general. At this rate there will be people drinking Brawndo in my lifetime.

Hillary Clinton is not in jail and Joe Biden is President. Beginning of the end.

While being retired and my wife and daughter are gone during the day (work/school) I am not alone. 3 cats and 4 dogs have a tendency to keep me company. My current position does not allow me to type with both hands on my laptop. The one cat that I found on our doorstep on 15 July 2019 (about 6 weeks old then) is either in my lap, on the arm of the couch right next to me (pictured below) or, on the back of the couch behind my head if I am sitting down unless he is playing with the other cats. The mutts are all sleeping within my general space including the puppy (5 months old 40lbs) pictured below. Not much room to move at this point and, I must type basically with one hand. As I was typing this, our biggest one (95lb Pyrenees mix) just moved under my foot rest. Have to be careful not to smash her head when I get up. Looks like no bathroom break for a while. Guess I'll take a nap with them.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Expecting 82°F for today's high. Storms possible between 5 pm - midnight. We need the rain.

Happy Hump Day.

I've got a Microsoft PowerApps class scheduled between 8 am - 5 pm today. It's virtual. Probably required to cover some of my normal duties as well. Such is life.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

17904023_1355108664549786_2928229675183940336_n.jpg
This caused me to look up pecan trees native growth range. Seems they grow along Ohio River from LV to the southwest. Didn't know that. Has anyone seen them growing wild in KY? Anyone seen them cultivated in KY? I always thought they were only further south.

While being retired and my wife and daughter are gone during the day (work/school) I am not alone. 3 cats and 4 dogs have a tendency to keep me company. My current position does not allow me to type with both hands on my laptop. The one cat that I found on our doorstep on 15 July 2019 (about 6 weeks old then) is either in my lap, on the arm of the couch right next to me (pictured below) or, on the back of the couch behind my head if I am sitting down unless he is playing with the other cats. The mutts are all sleeping within my general space including the puppy (5 months old 40lbs) pictured below. Not much room to move at this point and, I must type basically with one hand. As I was typing this, our biggest one (95lb Pyrenees mix) just moved under my foot rest. Have to be careful not to smash her head when I get up. Looks like no bathroom break for a while. Guess I'll take a nap with them.

It is a struggle, but you are tough. Endeavor to persevere, my friend. ;)

This caused me to look up pecan trees native growth range. Seems they grow along Ohio River from LV to the southwest. Didn't know that. Has anyone seen them growing wild in KY? Anyone seen them cultivated in KY? I always thought they were only further south.
Yes. In this area the wild ones we call Green River Pecans. The shell is thicker and it is sweater than what you get in a store.

Texas is big on raising pecan trees.

I've got the same problem when I 'dog sit' the step-daughter's dog as I am today. If no one else is here, he's up in my lap almost constantly. Love the guy, but it does get annoying (he loves to lay on my lap and lick my hand. And lick. And lick. So yesterday I moved the ottoman in front of the old time front door that is mostly glass. Now he's spending a lot of time up there looking out the door...checking the birds and squirrels and such.
Too lazy to take a picture but he looks like this. About 1 1/2 years old now. Fully grown but not too big, maybe25-30 pounds. He's a good one.....
miniature-australian-shepherd-371186.JPG

Good morning! Woke up to a wet morning here. Tee time is at 1015 and the rain is supposed to have moved out by then. I like to play in tennis shoes but when the ground is wet I wear spikeless golf shoes. I don't know if they give more traction, but they are definitely more waterproof.

I am not happy with the world I live in now. My immediate area is fine, and in fact, as good as it's ever been. I'm talking about society in general. At this rate there will be people drinking Brawndo in my lifetime.

Hillary Clinton is not in jail and Joe Biden is President. Beginning of the end.

Man crush Sir, Man crush... Bless you!

I do hope all are well this so-called hump day. May your dedication to all you do, be more than enough to get the result you want to achieve. In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ concerning you. Trust that...(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

I am still waiting to share an experience with you but I should be able to soon either in a negative or positive tone. It will be good either way. God Bless you all...

• And Good Morning to all of the D-Leagueanites and the Lurkers.
  • We have 73º in Cumming right now. Pretty day.
  • All of the bloomers are doing it. Lovely time of the year.
  • A little cooler temps predicted for the next few days.
  • Granny had a huge Pecan tree.
  • Are there more commercials this year? It sure seems like it. 10 minutes of the movie and 4 minutes of commercials.
  • from Butcher Holler.
  • Lola is right here. She is enjoying being outside. She yaps at everything and everyone, if they are not too big. I don't care.
  • Both Rotater Cuffs hurt me.
  • Knees are not hurting too much from that fall Sunday. That's good.
  • No wildlife moving.
  • Nothing going on here.
  • If the police stop you, do what they say, don't run and don't fight them. It is not Rocket Science.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
  • Get well soon.

A real shame they censored many of her songs. Fist City, You Ain't woman enough to take my man.... and several others. They need play as they are real good songs but the Censor Police do away with most of them now.
I didn't know that BBUK. Loretta censored? But F word filled rappers are given awards. This nation is as crazy as a bat

• Are there more commercials this year? It sure seems like it. 10 minutes of the movie and 4 minutes of commercials.
  • from Butcher Holler.
  • Lola is right here. She is enjoying being outside. She yaps at everything and everyone, if they are not too big. I don't care.
  • No wildlife moving.
  • Nothing going on here.
  • If the police stop you, do what they say, don't run and don't fight them. It is not Rocket Science.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
  • Get well soon.
It should be common sense, but I guess it's not so common nowadays.

• from Butcher Holler.
  • No wildlife moving.
  • Nothing going on here.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
  • Get well soon.
I checked long-range forecast next week during my upcoming visit to KY and TN. Temperatures slightly below average. Sounds good.

Got an email today from WalMart inviting me to give them a proposal to supply them with goods. I'm going to pass though. A few years ago we made some goods for a third party who sold to WM. WM sent an inspector to look at our shop before they'd take the goods. That got us on their supplier list. Reason #1 to turn down: I had a very bad experience with a set of tires I bought from Sam's Club. A tire came off while we were doing 60mph and WM was a butt about it. Reason #2, I'm just old enough I don't want to fool with it. #3 I don't have enough employees to do it anymore.

Got an email today from WalMart inviting me to give them a proposal to supply them with goods. I'm going to pass though. A few years ago we made some goods for a third party who sold to WM. WM sent an inspector to look at our shop before they'd take the goods. That got us on their supplier list. Reason #1 to turn down: I had a very bad experience with a set of tires I bought from Sam's Club. A tire came off while we were doing 60mph and WM was a butt about it. Reason #2, I'm just old enough I don't want to fool with it. #3 I don't have enough employees to do it anymore.
Years ago when I ran a company I went out to Bentonville for some meetings with WM. To me....the most arrogant buyers who would squeeze every dime out of someone's product price. A very unpleasant experience.
Sent them a letter and said thanks...but no thanks.
I would imagine they may be even worse today.

Years ago when I ran a company I went out to Bentonville for some meetings with WM. To me....the most arrogant buyers who would squeeze every dime out of someone's product price. A very unpleasant experience.
Sent them a letter and said thanks...but no thanks.
I would imagine they may be even worse today.
Back when K-Mart was big, some acquaintances in the business were much bigger than me, working over 200 people. They did a deal with KM. Said it was the worst thing they ever did and was a major contributor to why they went under a couple of years later.

Got 2nd Moderna shot Monday. Tuesday legs hurt, no energy and tired. Sore arm for couple of days with the 1st. Feeling better today.
We have our 2nd scheduled for Friday afternoon. We'll see what happens. I'm worried this kneeded vaccination complications might create a hard hearing, confused old man with poor vision who enjoys trolling.

Last edited:
One link... (This wasn't the interview I was referring to but I couldn't pull that one up readily.)

Loretta will live on for generations. My 23-year-old daughter insists we crank her up on every road trip from Maryland to Kentucky - Coal Miner's Daughter but also several others like Fist City and her personal favorite...

Home again. Soggy out there today and also cooler than I thought it would be. Better than mowing grass.

Playing a scramble tomorrow. I'm ready for it.

There's a pecan tree across the street from us. Two acorn trees in the backyard, This place is nuts!
Haven’t been able to get on the Golf Course this year because of back problems. Mri scheduled next month. Hoping for an answer then.

I don't know if this is the right spot so here it is......I just purchase two Byrna pepper guns......they shoot a pepper loaded projectile effectively up to 60 feet.....I got Crimson Traced lasers for each one......they are non leathal........you don't need any kind of license........anyone else heard about these......my wife works at a local hospital that has quite a few drug users as patients......they go to the parking lot to get their dope........they make the employees walk through the main parking lot to a parking lot on the next block........I mainly got the pepper gun for my wife........she has a .380 but doesn't carry it.....she said she would be more comfortable carrying this gun......

enhance

Yes they doooo. I've driven by one. (Don't know if a fella was in the car, tho.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT