Cynical snapshot

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
So it looks like we got:
An Oline coach that helped bust down the BigBlueWall on go round 2

A head coach that thought he had another job

An OC that said he wanted to put down roots that had his name in the NFL hat in five or six towns

A DC that has been labeled genius that taught a crew how to give up 35-49 points a game and thought it was a good idea to protect a weakened secondary by not pressuring the passer

Wide receivers that can run when they want but not routes and drop 40%.

A 5 star QB that's not played

Running backs few have heard of

Predicted by analysts to maybe, MAYBE win 6 games....4 OOC, Vandy ... and somebody.

Okay....I guess it's time to start thinking about the 12 team playoff.

Aw shucks, man. That’s only 7 negative things. Wasn’t the Bama o-line good this past season, or am I forgetting something?

• Haha
Reactions: brbates
So it looks like we got:

An OC that said he wanted to put down roots that had his name in the NFL hat in five or six towns

A DC that has been labeled genius that taught a crew how to give up 35-49 points a game and thought it was a good idea to protect a weakened secondary by not pressuring the passer

Predicted by analysts to maybe, MAYBE win 6 games....4 OOC, Vandy ... and somebody.

If you're going to be this negative, I can only conclude that you are corrupted by your friendly relationships on the U6 board. Why a UK fan would be there in the first place, unless to be a troll, is baffling. And you're not a troll over there- you're quite friendly to those skunks.

Last edited:
For starters, the analysts are predicting 7 wins, not 6 at best. That's 3 cupcakes, Vandy, your second favorite team and South Carolina and Auburn. Why Florida isn't also included as a win is unclear, because Florida looks to be very bad next year.

Last edited:
Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Personally I think it will do good for this program, these players, this coaching staff, & most importantly this fanbase to have an offseason of low expectations and poor outlook. I don't think anyone handled offseason hype very well these last few yrs, fans or players or coaches. Let everyone stew in 6-6, 5-7 predictions. When media talks about up & commers, threats to Georgia let it be Mizzou, Ole Miss, Texas, Knoxville, Oklahoma, Bama. Shine the spotlight on them Jan-Aug, ignore us.

Some time of being ignored by media and fan diminished expectations probably will do this team some good

So it looks like we got:

Your points could be valid….but there are other ways to look at it

1. That Oline cosch was the coach whose Oline blocked for best offense in Stoops are…32 pts a game, 2500 rushing yards, 3000 passing yards

2. Stoops did flirt with idea of going to big Texas school that could draw better players and resources …..this one sucks if all your points the most …but to be fair Stoops has given UK 10 years…so he’s not exactly an nomad coach

3. Coen for sure looks like a nomad to much…but he was OC in first year that turned around that unit from 19 pts a game to 32 pts a game. He can coach passing concepts. I think we just have the mindset to get as much out of Coen year to year snd don’t get attached to him personally

3. Brad white defense (and Stoops is as much part of this side of balls) does not give up 35-49 pts a game ….is 26 pts a game and was 60th nationally. Not near good enough…but not as bad as you make it. When Max and Dre Phillips are not out there….we have some truly bad players out there…we need to not be on that level of talent again

4. Wr unit was not consistent….if argue that is why Woodard got axed and we’ll see whet next Wr cosch can improve

5. Brick Vandagriff has not played…but the UGA QBs have not been scrub the last two years either….and Brock is much younger than those two QBs. So it’s not impossible that he’ll have a Levi’s type impact in yewr one

6. I don’t care about rb name recognition….i care way more about talent at this spot. Never heard of Crod after Benny left. So while I’m not crazy for Ohio st transfer lkke some….hes a big dude and we do have three young backs that have not played that appear to have skills we need. Also Demi has more than shown he is a threat out of backfield.

7. Could care less about predictions. Uk in two citrus bowl season didn’t even snijf preseason too 25….and both were too 15’by season end…and the other way as well….we’re not expecting to go 7-6 past two seasons…and it happens

I think the talent is there if Brock is the real deal to have a solid Oline and weapon at Wr te snd rb. On defense…we have the dl back and Walker is the real deal. Not as rosy on lber unit and the secondary has some holes. But Hairston is a nfl Cb and kids like Fearby Nichols Brian Robinson smith twins etc. have talent

I’d argue let’s focus on this year sns not the noise and see what pops

So it looks like we got:

---
You should move on over to Rupp's Rafters you'd feel right at homer there. Or maybe back to to your home on the Looooieville boards.

Well gents and ladies, I write what I observe....good or bad. Crock o' shit or sage observations, up to you to decide.
As far as where I post and who I discuss sports with....well, I'm 66, lost two sons, grandkids, buried my wife of 38 years. Been a Kentucky sports fan since 74.
I talk sports with who I wish to.
If it offends, don't read it.
If you despise it, there's an ignore button.

Other than that, yall have a nice weekend.

Well gents and ladies, I write what I observe....good or bad. Crock o' shit or sage observations, up to you to decide.
As far as where I post and who I discuss sports with....well, I'm 66, lost two sons, grandkids, buried my wife of 38 years. Been a Kentucky sports fan since 74.

Sorry for your losses, that's a heavy burden.

We can disagree but we're still BBN family

I hate to hear of loss of your family but your livkng life

But you put your opinions on a public message board….i don’t think people are offended…it’s just some disagreement on some specific

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT