ADVERTISEMENT

CWS - The Other Games

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
North Carolina beat Virginia in a close one.

Tennessee Christian Moore has hit for the cycle. Will probably lead them to victory. But if you have nothing else to watch, might be an interesting game to turn to.

The announcers said that in the 42 years that the CWS has been in this format, only 4 times has a team come back from losing their opening game to winning the championship. I was hoping the UT was going to lose this one.

Man FSU got completely robbed. Disgustingly bad no call. If That was a check swing, that check bounced!

Third bad umpire must be on the take!

GQFSgDYXoAA7BbJ

EFF UT- FAN BASE AND ALL.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Man FSU got completely robbed. Disgustingly bad no call. If That was a check swing, that check bounced!

Third bad umpire must be on the take!

GQFSgDYXoAA7BbJ

EFF UT- FAN BASE AND ALL.
That is 2 feet in front of the plate. A full swing. It's almost criminal how bad that is.

Reactions: bbncal02
That is 2 feet in front of the plate. A full swing. It's almost criminal how bad that is.
And UT fans all over social media claiming "50/50" like their dumbasses know math well enough to even know what that means.

"Well, we deserved it" . No...no you didn't. FSU did enough to win and got absolutely jobbed.

That third base ump should be done for the season and not work another CWS until he passes an eye exam.

Balls and strikes can be pretty iffy at times. When the bat is a foot in front of the plate AND that dude's hip? That's a damn strike. In every level. In every league.

I reiterate. EFF UT.

Who has the best pitcher between them? Since I'm assuming he would go the next game, might be better for us to match up with the weaker one.

Ryan Prager for A&M was 8-1 with a 3.10 ERA in 17 starts. 114 strikeouts and only 19 walks this year.

Jac Caglianone is probably Florida's top pitcher ... 5-2 with a 4.71 ERA in 15 starts. He is obviously just as valuable as a hitter for them too.

A&M's Team E.R.A. is 3.94 compared to 6.16 for Florida.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Ryan Prager for A&M was 8-1 with a 3.10 ERA in 17 starts. 114 strikeouts and only 19 walks this year.

Jac Caglianone is probably Florida's top pitcher ... 5-2 with a 4.71 ERA in 15 starts. He is obviously just as valuable as a hitter for them too.

A&M's Team E.R.A. is 3.94 compared to 6.16 for Florida.
I hadn't really kept up much with baseball during the regular season and went and looked to see how we did against both teams. Think we took 2 of 3 against Florida but didn't even play A&M at all unless I missed it.

It's gonna be a long night....Unfortunately, I can't sleep so im probably gonna watch this entire game. Hopefully Florida wakes up and makes it a good game at least.

A&M has the best combination of pitching and hitting - starter goes 3 and gives up 1 hit / so he can pitch later .. Cortez reliever is nasty.. no way Uf will score enough to win

A&M has the best combination of pitching and hitting - starter goes 3 and gives up 1 hit / so he can pitch later .. Cortez reliever is nasty.. no way Uf will score enough to win
He really worked his way out of a jam in the 6th. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and got 3 straight outs. While I was typing this, he gave up a ground rules double for a run and was pulled for another pitcher.

North Carolina beat Virginia in a close one.

Tennessee Christian Moore has hit for the cycle. Will probably lead them to victory. But if you have nothing else to watch, might be an interesting game to turn to.
Christian Moore is a beast. He’s the one that seemingly sent every pitch out to Tates Creek Road against us.

3 of 4 winners are SEC.
3 of 4 losers are ACC.

Looking ahead, our bracket always puts us in 6 o'clock game regardless of winning or losing until maybe Thursday.

Florida State up 6-0 over Virginia. Would love to see them get a revenge matchup with Vols.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT