ADVERTISEMENT

Cutter Boley

Pelosigalore

Junior
Jan 31, 2017
What percentage chance does Cutter have to be starter at UK someday?

I say 20% based on Vandagrift and then Saunders coming in after.

I expect Boley to get his shot after being BV's understudy the next (hopefully) two years. At that point, he will have an extra year of experience and will have to prove he can beat out Saunders and any other QB coming in. It is great to have top QBs battling for the position every year - it makes all of them better or they leave via the portal.

Scuttle but in LaRue Co where his parents live is his NIL is $750k
That’s the rumor

That’s the rumor
Most of these NIL numbers are being lied about to drive up the price, and nobody knows how they are being structured.

Is that for 1-year or is it spread out over 5-10 year period? That would make a big difference.

That’s the rumor

I have a very hard time believing that. In fact I think it's pretty clear, given staffs moves, they don't think he'll ever start here. By all accounts saunders is a much better prospect and I suspect his ratings dropped because he probably isn't doing he camp circuits which is a good sign for UK.

You have to think football probably gets the same nil support as basketball at 5 mil if they even get that. No way they're burning nearly 20% of that on boley.

I have a very hard time believing that. In fact I think it's pretty clear, given staffs moves, they don't think he'll ever start here. By all accounts saunders is a much better prospect and I suspect his ratings dropped because he probably isn't doing he camp circuits which is a good sign for UK.

You have to think football probably gets the same nil support as basketball at 5 mil if they even get that. No way they're burning nearly 20% of that on boley.
Yeah there’s no way a freshman qb is getting that anywhere to ride the bench a couple seasons. The NIL lies out there are ridiculous. NIL isn’t as prevalent in baseball but it’s there. Schools like Vandy use it just to complete scholarships since baseball is a partial scholly sport due to the silly way title 9 was drawn up by the ncaa. So everybody gets full ride that’s it. But point is that some kids float around out there saying they are getting million dollar deals while I personally know the real number of a specific kid getting drafted in the first couple rounds this year is getting 75k. So if that guy is getting 75k how is random kid ranked 185 in his class getting 1m. Just a bunch of nonsense people put out there.

That’s the rumor
I would wager that is hugely inflated. UK does not enough money to burn on a backup with a very small chance of playing significant snaps. I would be surprised if it is more than $100k this year. Maybe that's the total if he stays 4 years and earns the starting nod in year 3.

I would wager that is hugely inflated. UK does not enough money to burn on a backup with a very small chance of playing significant snaps. I would be surprised if it is more than $100k this year. Maybe that's the total if he stays 4 years and earns the starting nod in year 3.
I have no idea as to accuracy. As I said, that was being said locally in his home county.

Reactions: satcheluk
Yeah there’s no way a freshman qb is getting that anywhere to ride the bench a couple seasons. The NIL lies out there are ridiculous. NIL isn’t as prevalent in baseball but it’s there. Schools like Vandy use it just to complete scholarships since baseball is a partial scholly sport due to the silly way title 9 was drawn up by the ncaa. So everybody gets full ride that’s it. But point is that some kids float around out there saying they are getting million dollar deals while I personally know the real number of a specific kid getting drafted in the first couple rounds this year is getting 75k. So if that guy is getting 75k how is random kid ranked 185 in his class getting 1m. Just a bunch of nonsense people put out there.

That just isn't close to being correct. Nicole got millions from UT, Arch approached 8 figures at Texas. JuJu Lewis is going to be well into 8 figures, UGA washed their hands of him, AU and Bama still trying to flip him, USC paying him not to take visits, him charging 10k to visit. Other positions are a different story, and not commanding that type of NIL deal. I know one well who is expected to go late first, early 2nd who is getting basically gas money and lunch for appearances. But 750k is cheap for a qb. You think Vandagriff came to UK for free when AU was offering him 7 figures?

I have no idea as to accuracy. As I said, that was being said locally in his home county.
You may have been joking, but as an avid early crypto investor, I know of some people who were quite explicit when posting their investment decisions/returns and got audited when they tried to cheat on their taxes.

That just isn't close to being correct. Nicole got millions from UT, Arch approached 8 figures at Texas. JuJu Lewis is going to be well into 8 figures, UGA washed their hands of him, AU and Bama still trying to flip him, USC paying him not to take visits, him charging 10k to visit. Other positions are a different story, and not commanding that type of NIL deal. I know one well who is expected to go late first, early 2nd who is getting basically gas money and lunch for appearances. But 750k is cheap for a qb. You think Vandagriff came to UK for free when AU was offering him 7 figures?

Where are you getting these numbers?

Reactions: HeHateMe2328
What percentage chance does Cutter have to be starter at UK someday?

I say 20% based on Vandagrift and then Saunders coming in after.
Saunders is a true DT QB.
Fits Ham's offense.

I think it is pretty obvious Stoops is FINALLY moving away from pure pro-style offense.

Hybrid offense requires QB run option game. Saunders is the man for that offense.

Where are you getting these numbers?

UGA supposed insiders on JuJu, AU wanted Vandagriff pretty bad, offered him 1.2m but wouldn't assure him he would start, which is what he wanted. We were in on the Arch sweepstakes until bidding got too high, and it's pretty well known by everyone what ut offered and apparently free usage of a jet.

Saunders is a true DT QB.
Fits Ham's offense.

I think it is pretty obvious Stoops is FINALLY moving away from pure pro-style offense.

Hybrid offense requires QB run option game. Saunders is the man for that offense.

Finally? Basically every QB he recruited was dual threat.

Towles
Barker
Sj
Wilson
Levis
Bvg

LoL I'd be shocked if more than 2 guys on the team made $750k or more - Walker & Vandagriff. Maybe Barion also. Maybe.

If Boley got $750k, how many guys on the team would need to be making more? 20? 30?

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Finally? Basically every QB he recruited was dual threat.

Towles
Barker
Sj
Wilson
Levis
Bvg
Levis senior year was pro style offense with zero QB run game......by design.

Last year with Leary was pure pro style offense with zero QB run game.....by design. Both years the offense was........bad.

Yes, after two looong years, FINALLY, looks like CMS is going to a more college friendly, faster paced, hybrid offense to actually try to SCORE with the top tier teams in the league.

At least I hope that is what the Bush Hamdan hire will bring us.

Reactions: Girthang
Rumors are Big Orange Ugly paid their QB $2,000,000 per year. Maybe the $750K is not out of line.

Levis senior year was pro style offense with zero QB run game......by design.

Last year with Leary was pure pro style offense with zero QB run game.....by design. Both years the offense was........bad.

Yes, after two looong years, FINALLY, looks like CMS is going to a more college friendly, faster paced, hybrid offense to actually try to SCORE with the top tier teams in the league.

At least I hope that is what the Bush Hamdan hire will bring us.

That's a different argument. I agree it's time we get back to running the QB.

Reactions: cathouse
If Boley doesn’t pan out, then we gotta count on Saunders being the first HS recruit that Stoops has developed into a decent qB
Not really.

The Transfer Portal has changed all that. If a QB doesn't work out, go to the Portal and try another one.

Keeping a quality backup QB is the problem now.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Not really.

The Transfer Portal has changed all that. If a QB doesn't work out, go to the Portal and try another one.

Keeping a quality backup QB is the problem now.
True, but I meant that the staff has never developed a qb from High School

Reactions: cathouse
Rumors are Big Orange Ugly paid their QB $2,000,000 per year. Maybe the $750K is not out of line.
Rumors and also the #1 QB in the country. Boley fell from a top 100 to a three star recruit(#38 QB) on at least one service as a Sr, so if true, then it's highway robbery. Also, it has been reported that Brock is getting about $1.5mm for two years. That even seems a it much for unproven, but they handed him the keys.

True, but I meant that the staff has never developed a qb from High School
100% correct on that one. Not sure we have ever had a QB coach that could develop a young inexperienced QB.

Or, we haven't been able to recruit a talented enough QB that can be developed into an SEC level QB.

I guess Will Levis would be the closest one to that, but of course, we didn't sign him out of high school.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
All the reporting out there has entire budgets at 4-5m if someone is giving it all to freshman bench riders then so be it. We all have the right to be stupid. Now that everybody understands the current landscape the heavy money goes to transfers. I'll guarantee you boley isn't sniffing the number listed above. And again, most of the numbers out there are inflated wherever you get them from. But it can't be spent on a qb from a small school non football state that you aren't really sure whether he can make the jump.

LoL I'd be shocked if more than 2 guys on the team made $750k or more - Walker & Vandagriff. Maybe Barion also. Maybe.

If Boley got $750k, how many guys on the team would need to be making more? 20? 30?
This is my point. There's no way to burn that much on a guy that's a couple years away even if things go well for him. You have a large roster to fund and he's no main cog.

We were only able to land good quality DT QBs but never set the system up to fully exploit that talent. If we had then we'd be ahead of the curve, and possibly have had an extra win or 2 per year. Instead we were focused on developing the old "pro style" system when in fact the pro-style model was already changing.

Who's winning super bowls now? Teams with QBs that can't throw on the more or can't get a first down with their legs? That absolute model has long been dead. It's about time we adapted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT