ADVERTISEMENT

Cut the student section out

My kids at UK and didn't get this first batch of tickets to watch a bunch of nobody teams for $10 a pop, its also games during the holiday break when many students go home and lextran doesn't bus the kids from campus like they did when I was there...and it wasn't free but we packed the bus and that was part of the experience.

...so if you want more kids, get a couple better home games instead of nobodies and neutral sites, provide a way to get them there and back in the fall/winter...and you get more students.

...lower arena was pretty full but it was sparse up top tonight as well, not just the students section.
What a piss poor excuse.

10$$$!!
For me, tell your kids not to bother to show up at any more games.

My kids at UK and didn't get this first batch of tickets to watch a bunch of nobody teams for $10 a pop, its also games during the holiday break when many students go home and lextran doesn't bus the kids from campus like they did when I was there...and it wasn't free but we packed the bus and that was part of the experience.

...so if you want more kids, get a couple better home games instead of nobodies and neutral sites, provide a way to get them there and back in the fall/winter...and you get more students.

...lower arena was pretty full but it was sparse up top tonight as well, not just the students section.
Vermont is pretty damn good for a nobody team.

Reactions: justin_uk_5
FYI, (this year) KU took 450 seats from our students too. That'll just leave 4,050 left for our students.

A couple of things about our attendance.

1. The students are a major problem. Their lack of consistent support is disappointing.

2. Ticket prices. It seems that they've finally priced them high enough to turn people into deciding to just watch it on tv.

3. Speaking of TV. Not every game used to be on live. That's not the case any longer.

4. A fraction of our fans are turned off by the one and done approach. I don't think it's a lot, but it's a little bit of a problem.

Two and a half hour drive with two small children (3 and 2) and tickets cost me much more than what the students pay

Maybe they have stuff going on and maybe to them $10 is a lot of money. You can't complain about not going to games from your couch. It's just not the way it works.

I don't blame any group specifically for the quiet crowds. I think it's just the nature of Rupp. It's always been this way. The crowd is removed from the action. Just a very sterile environment. Not sure what can be done.

Maybe they have stuff going on and maybe to them $10 is a lot of money. You can't complain about not going to games from your couch. It's just not the way it works.
Actually it is the way it works. If they can’t/won’t pay $10 for a ticket then give regular fans the same option and see how quick they sell. Hell they sold them for $10 then I’d drive up two or three times a week for games. Instead I’m paying at least $50 a piece and that’s for nosebleeds

they are a good team
but who gets excited about playing Vermont?
The lack of basketball knowledge being displayed by some of our fans is amazing. Vermont will be a NCAA tourney team and on a neutral court might have beaten UK today. That little guard they had was the best player on the floor.
UK/Cal probably learned more from playing Vermont once than they would have playing five no-name, directional schools.

Actually it is the way it works. If they can’t/won’t pay $10 for a ticket then give regular fans the same option and see how quick they sell. Hell they sold them for $10 then I’d drive up two or three times a week for games. Instead I’m paying at least $50 a piece and that’s for nosebleeds
No kidding! Offer me end zone seats at Rupp for $10...I'll drive over to the game and worry about work the next morning!

Reactions: ManitouDan

We'll drive up and wait till tipofff. You can find a ticket for between 10-20$ to most of the games. But you won't, you'll just keep insulting other people that don't go.

We'll drive up and wait till tipofff. You can find a ticket for between 10-20$ to most of the games. But you won't, you'll just keep insulting other people that don't go.
Lmao you’re probably one of the college girls that didn’t go. I’m sorry to offend but I’ve waited til many tip offs and not paid $10 for a ticket.

Again sorry to hurt your feelings.

Completely irrational and wrong. It’s fairly simple. If the students can’t come up with 10 bucks since they spent it on alcohol the night before, then give the tickets to true fans. I’m a season ticket holder and if you added up the amount of students at the games the first 2 games and the 2 exhibition games, you still wouldn’t reach max capacity. It’s a problem

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Lmao you’re probably one of the college girls that didn’t go. I’m sorry to offend but I’ve waited til many tip offs and not paid $10 for a ticket.

Then you're a terrible negotiator. I tell you what, on the next crappy game at crappy time, I'll sell you my tickets that are lowers for $10 and meet you where I lived in college 1.7 miles from Rupp. You can park there and walk both ways to the game in the cold. If you do it, I bet you only do it once. Its miserable.

Completely irrational and wrong. It’s fairly simple. If the students can’t come up with 10 bucks since they spent it on alcohol the night before, then give the tickets to true fans. I’m a season ticket holder and if you added up the amount of students at the games the first 2 games and the 2 exhibition games, you still wouldn’t reach max capacity. It’s a problem

Then put the arena on campus like it should be.

Then you're a terrible negotiator. I tell you what, on the next crappy game at crappy time, I'll sell you my tickets that are lowers for $10 and meet you where I lived in college 1.7 miles from Rupp. You can park there and walk both ways to the game in the cold. If you do it, I bet you only do it once. Its miserable.
If you walk beside me holding one kids hand and I’ll hold the other

I did it 5 times in college and the only time it was worth it was the Taysean Prince 5 3 game against UNC.

They should allow alcohol & try the 10 cent beer promo like the Cleveland Indians did. Anybody old enough to remember that fiasco lol?

I did undergrad at UK in the 90s and grad school there five years ago. It was a LOT harder to buy tickets (both lottery and regular) when I was in grad school. I'm not talking price, I'm talking hoops you had to jump through. Wouldn't put it past them to have added a new wrinkle this season and made the whole thing even harder to figure out.

I did undergrad at UK in the 90s and grad school there five years ago. It was a LOT harder to buy tickets (both lottery and regular) when I was in grad school. I'm not talking price, I'm talking hoops you had to jump through. Wouldn't put it past them to have added a new wrinkle this season and made the whole thing even harder to figure out.
Essentially you enter the lottery, if you win, you go to memorial and wait until your number is called and you get your tickets. If you aren’t selected to the lottery, you can pick up the remaining tickets the following day.

Essentially you enter the lottery, if you win, you go to memorial and wait until your number is called and you get your tickets. If you aren’t selected to the lottery, you can pick up the remaining tickets the following day.
Seems it was the same way in the late 80s. Student area looks shabbier now. I thought we had lower sidelines but I drank and smoked a lot then so could be wrong. I never had trouble hoofing over from Euclid area.

We did.. I remember sitting in sections 32, 33 & 34...
I believe students still get tickets to sideline lowers but closer to the corner, not dead center court.. maybe a couple section in the lowers and then the rest uppers.

I believe students still get tickets to sideline lowers but closer to the corner, not dead center court.. maybe a couple section in the lowers and then the rest uppers.
IIRC, when I was at UK back in the early 80's, students had seats in sections 32-36, and the lower sections of 234 & 232...but I could be wrong. however, I never remember those sections being empty but that was 30 plus years ago...

Seems it was the same way in the late 80s. Student area looks shabbier now. I thought we had lower sidelines but I drank and smoked a lot then so could be wrong. I never had trouble hoofing over from Euclid area.
Pygmy...I quoted my own post "duh" but I was responding to you regarding the seating at Rupp for students back in the 80's...

We did.. I remember sitting in sections 32, 33 & 34...

Pygmy...I quoted my own post "duh" but I was responding to you regarding the seating at Rupp for students back in the 80's...

That's what I remembered, and I was glad you confirmed it. I remember sitting in 32 and 33 mostly. Those were great seats. Students got upper sidelines, first few rows too, which were pretty good seats.

That's what I remembered, and I was glad you confirmed it. I remember sitting in 32 and 33 mostly. Those were great seats. Students got upper sidelines, first few rows too, which were pretty good seats.
Yep...that's the way I remember it back then...We had AWESOME seats back then...and those seats were always full!

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT