ADVERTISEMENT

Curt Gowdy (I think)announcing the game...

His bias as a red sox fan showed when he called the ‘75 world series vs the reds, which i didn’t have a problem with. he was overall a great announcer and better than most nowadays.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
His bias as a red sox fan showed when he called the ‘75 world series vs the reds, which i didn’t have a problem with. he was overall a great announcer and better than most nowadays.
Was that Curt Gowdy or Jim Simpson that was the announcer for the 1975 World Series? It’s been a long time.

It was gowdy. he was actually a red sox radio announcer for many years before going to tv.
Gowdy was also an all-American bnasketball player for the Wyoming Cowboys and yes , he was the red Sox radio announcer for many years. Also had a reputation for being a very nice person.

Gowdy was also an all-American bnasketball player for the Wyoming Cowboys and yes , he was the red Sox radio announcer for many years. Also had a reputation for being a very nice person.
I never heard he was all america basketball player.

I couldn't stand Gowdy's voice. It sounded like he had that bubble in his throat that he couldn't get rid of. Listen to his call on the Sea of Hands play (Raiders-Dolphins 74). Can't understand most of it.

He did seem like a very nice guy, though. I worked for a pro football team once. We let a guy go who had one of those voices....made for his job. Replaced him with a guy who was nice as could be but sounded like some guy off the street.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT