Who should be next HC?

• Curt Cignetti

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Jon Sumrall

Votes: 93 65.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
I think that just goes back to the fact it’s a total crap shoot. Sone guys succeed, some don’t. If UK was to make a coaching change in the next couple of years and they don’t go for a proven P4 winner, then Sumrall is near or at the top of the list of P4 coordinators and G5 coaches.
I know, thats been my reluctance to replacing Stoops.

I know, thats been my reluctance to replacing Stoops.
It was mine until this year. I just feel like it’s time for something new. At this point, he’s not any better than Brooks. I don’t have wild expectations, but I do expect to put a team in the field that doesn’t lose the games we’ve been losing and doesn’t have the most vanilla offense.

Kentucky is not going after Cignetti. He will likely be at Indiana one more year and if he has another big year of success will get poached by a big time school, on a higher level then Kentucky. Also cignetti is 62 years old, which I was surprised to find out.

Kentucky is not going after Cignetti. He will likely be at Indiana one more year and if he has another big year of success will get poached by a big time school, on a higher level then Kentucky. Also cignetti is 62 years old, which I was surprised to find out.
I don’t understand the thought that a Cignetti wouldn’t come to Kentucky. We are paying Stoops the ninth highest salary in the country. That is enough money to pull Cignetti from Indiana.

Can't fault Kentucky if they were to go after Jon Sumrall when he is widely viewed as one of the top up and coming coaches in College Football. It is the smart thing to do. Young enough that if he succeeds, could be here 15-20 years and bring some stability to the Kentucky Football program after the Stoops Era. Sumrall coming back to UK is my preference. If not, find the next Cignetti waiting for his opportunity at a bigger program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT