ADVERTISEMENT

Curious how some are feeling

I liked Cal and what he did for UK (and the state) over his tenure, but like with Tubby, it was time to move on. I was shocked (not angry) that we offered Pope, and maybe even more shocked that he accepted because I thought he'd be at BYU for life. My view on Pope is that he has a lot of upside and if he succeeds, he'll probably be here as long as his health holds out. This is a pressure cooker job that has an imaginary expiration date on it. He will succeed to some degree, or he will fail. I'd say the same things about Drew, Hurley, Oats or whoever if we had hired them instead.

As a guy with 2 eyes and a functioning brain , and an above average hoops IQ I dont understand how any human alive could have ran Justin and DJ out there before Rob N Reed and thought " this is just best for the team" . It doesnt pass any test you can throw out there .. unless you are willing to lose games to push an agenda or a promise .

At the end of the day the guys that were in at the end was Reed and Rob tho. They also played more mins.

So ultimately maybe he felt no harm there.

I just think it’s silly to think Cal was doing it to Sabatoge anything

Reactions: mdlUK.1
At the end of the day the guys that were in at the end was Reed and Rob tho. They also played more mins.

So ultimately maybe he felt no harm there.

I just think it’s silly to think Cal was doing it to Sabatoge anything
Reed was out down the stretch in the first half vs. Oakland. Then again late in the game.

Reed/Rob/Reeves didn’t spend much time on the floor together that night, and they didn’t spend nearly enough time on the court together all season.

Was he trying to lose? Probably not, unless he was in deep in ways we’ll never know.

But his stubborn refusal to play the best lineups, despite plenty of evidence that he was wrong, had the same impact.

Playing a gimpy Tre Mitchell 31 minutes was a clear cut recipe for disaster. Cal’s “gut” told him it was the way to go. Or something.

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Jwukfan11 - left Team Cal in March, 2024
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
ColdStoudbeer - likely troll
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Wildcatfaninohio officially defected on March 26th, 2024
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Lempface - publicly defected from Team Cal on March 21st
This place is overrun with trolls.

Think about it.

Why on earth would Cal leave unless he was getting pressure? He had a freaking CONTRACT.

And he acknowledged that the fans were sick of him.

So why are there so many Cal supporters on this board? And if you call them out you get banned.

Just use your head and put two and two together.

I was wondering how some of the biggest Cal supporters, like @UKBB4Ever are feeling about the Pope hire.

I know he was adamant that Cal wasn’t going to be leaving for a long time, while many of us thought the clock was ticking.

Not calling him out. Genuinely curious what he thinks of Pope. I know he played college basketball and has spent a lot of time traveling to support the team.

Any others huge Cal supporters who want to chime in with opinions are more than welcome, of course.
I haven’t posted here since the loss in the SEC tournament about basketball. I did post Owensboro restaurant recommendations the week after.

But since you specifically asked me I will answer. But first, not posting here anymore has nothing to do with Cal. Or the personal attacks made to me.

I came to this site because I’m a UK fan and to discuss UK.

When I saw posters hoping UK would lose I knew I was not among UK fans. One in particular said he hoped we lost the first game of the SEC and the first game of the NCAA. Well, I guess he’s one happy camper now?

I was a Cal fan because he was our coach. And a damn good coach.

But I have been saying for years, including on here, that Cal should leave UK. Not because of coaching. Because of the “players first” mantra. I don’t hold that against Cal. He said that from day 1 and never wavered. No matter the outcome or criticism he stayed true to that. I admire him for that. But he can do that elsewhere. I want a program first coach even if he is not as good as Cal.

I did say that Cal would coach here until he was 70 or so and move on to retirement.

Things change. I am privy to some things that went into his leaving. I don’t know that I cannot share those things but I will not.

It’s nothing like what’s been said here and other media outlets. Not even close. The only surprise to me was that he went to Arkansas.

My former business partner is best friends with Cal. I got to go to Canada last summer because of that.

He is more shocked than me that’s it’s there. No shocked at all that Cal left. In fact, he told me 3 or 4 days before it went down to expect Cal to leave. I thought he meant Cal would retire.

The NIL stories you hear are just not true. My company participated heavily in NIL so I know exactly how it worked. We gave general monies but we really used two players for advertising. One current. One former.

I sold my company so I do not have a say in that now. I did encourage the new owners to continue that relationship thru the season and they did. Will they going forward? I don’t know. My guess is they will.

They do not have Ky ties other than buying a Ky based company. But the UK ties have been for business and they are good business people. I can’t imagine they won’t.

As for me, I’m a die hard UK basketball fan and will always be.

I’ve been to every FF UK has played in since 1978 and would have been in Phoenix this year.

I Pope to be in SanAntonio next year. I will definitely be in Nashville for the SEC. Now that I’ve sold my company I will probably make some more games next season. I haven’t seen a schedule yet so I don’t know where some good games might be.

As for Pope, I was a huge fan when he played here. Very smart guy too.

He’s done a good job coaching where he’s been. I love that he is true blue and that he loves this program almost as much as a born Kentuckian.

Mitch always intended to hire Pope one day. He didn’t know the day would come this soon.

I’m 100% behind Pope. I hope he wins every game.

The question is recruiting. No one knows how well he will recruit in these times. Things are different now. As great a recruiter as Cal is he was having trouble fitting the pieces of the new world order together.

Pope is younger and certainly in tune to how a high level player thinks because he was one. That should excite UK fans.

As for Cal. I hold no ill will for him. I won’t follow Ak basketball anymore than I do now. If I were to talk to him I would wish him well except when he plays us.

I am friends with Bruce Pearl. That’s what I tell him, I hope you win all your games except against UK.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Go Big Blue!!🏀

Reed was out down the stretch in the first half vs. Oakland. Then again late in the game.

Reed/Rob/Reeves didn’t spend much time on the floor together that night, and they didn’t spend nearly enough time on the court together all season.

Was he trying to lose? Probably not, unless he was in deep in ways we’ll never know.

But his stubborn refusal to play the best lineups, despite plenty of evidence that he was wrong, had the same impact.

Playing a gimpy Tre Mitchell 31 minutes was a clear cut recipe for disaster. Cal’s “gut” told him it was the way to go. Or something.

Yeah I think the last part is key. He’s just a stubborn guy. Which is ultimately the biggest reason had to go. He will go to Arkansas, recruit well and try to win the same way he was for the last 15 years. Whether he’s successful at doing that we’ll have to see.

It’s just hard for me to imagine the man that’s taken 3 schools to final fours won a title with one and has what 700+ wins was doing anything intentional to lose games. He really believed in this head I feel he was doing right. Which in some ways maybe even more alarming.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Yeah I think the last part is key. He’s just a stubborn guy. Which is ultimately the biggest reason had to go. He will go to Arkansas, recruit well and try to win the same way he was for the last 15 years. Whether he’s successful at doing that we’ll have to see.

It’s just hard for me to imagine the man that’s taken 3 schools to final fours won a title with one and has what 700+ wins was doing anything intentional to lose games. He really believed in this head I feel he was doing right. Which in some ways maybe even more alarming.
If he wasn't intentionally throwing games, he sure as hell wasn't trying very hard to win. I think Cal was arrogant enough to think that he accomplished enough that if his teams failed in the postseason, he was safe.

If he wasn't intentionally throwing games, he sure as hell wasn't trying very hard to win. I think Cal was arrogant enough to think that he accomplished enough that if his teams failed in the postseason, he was safe.

I always viewed Cal tho as having a massive ass ego. After the title there probably was some truth to that about him feeling safe. I still think the guy wanted to win games.

Unfornautely towards the latter end of this era he just wasn’t doing that enough.

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
I wanted Cal to announce his retirement and go after next season. Finish positive as he did many good things for UK. Give Mitch a year to get a new guy.

Was not a fan of his stubbornness, inability to adjust or have a defined system of play to recruit to.

Never deluded myself that Hurley, Wright, Oates or Donovan were coming. And they all said no. So many fans holding out hope. Foolish.

Did want a younger guy and no drama. I’m fine with Mark. The more time goes on and I gather info I’m impressed. Admire Mitch for his out of the box big risk big reward thinking.

Kinda have the same anticipation and nervousness I had when Pitino came in. Felt optimistic and can’t wait to see it. Got a feeling it’s going to be good.

Sincere, smart, well spoken, energetic and enthusiasm along with the Ky style of fast break bball and pride sounds good. A guy who truly wanted the job and not just the paycheck.

The original Cal was great but he faded. Lost his edge. Age, title, HOF plus a life contract erased the chip on his shoulder. Accepted losing. Still those early years..whew it was fun.

The portal ought to help Mark get it going fast and his style of play is exciting. Think he will be a convincing recruiter in homes. I’m all in. Can’t wait to watch.

Last edited:
I always viewed Cal tho as having a massive ass ego. After the title there probably was some truth to that about him feeling safe. I still think the guy wanted to win games.

Unfornautely towards the latter end of this era he just wasn’t doing that enough.
Post Season
2-7 since 2020.

So whichever is right, it really doesn't matter.

I haven’t posted here since the loss in the SEC tournament about basketball. I did post Owensboro restaurant recommendations the week after.

But since you specifically asked me I will answer. But first, not posting here anymore has nothing to do with Cal. Or the personal attacks made to me.

When I saw posters hoping UK would lose I knew I was not among UK fans. One in particular said he hoped we lost the first game of the SEC and the first game of the NCAA. Well, I guess he’s one happy camper now?

But I have been saying for years, including on here, that Cal should leave UK. Not because of coaching. Because of the “players first” mantra. I don’t hold that against Cal. He said that from day 1 and never wavered. No matter the outcome or criticism he stayed true to that. I admire him for that. But he can do that elsewhere. I want a program first coach even if he is not as good as Cal.

I did say that Cal would coach here until he was 70 or so and move on to retirement.

Things change. I am privy to some things that went into his leaving. I don’t know that I cannot share those things but I will not.

It’s nothing like what’s been said here and other media outlets. Not even close. The only surprise to me was that he went to Arkansas.

My former business partner is best friends with Cal. I got to go to Canada last summer because of that.

He is more shocked than me that’s it’s there. No shocked at all that Cal left. In fact, he told me 3 or 4 days before it went down to expect Cal to leave. I thought he meant Cal would retire.

The NIL stories you hear are just not true. My company participated heavily in NIL so I know exactly how it worked. We gave general monies but we really used two players for advertising. One current. One former.

I sold my company so I do not have a say in that now. I did encourage the new owners to continue that relationship thru the season and they did. Will they going forward? I don’t know. My guess is they will.

They do not have Ky ties other than buying a Ky based company. But the UK ties have been for business and they are good business people. I can’t imagine they won’t.

I’ve been to every FF UK has played in since 1978 and would have been in Phoenix this year.

I Pope to be in SanAntonio next year. I will definitely be in Nashville for the SEC. Now that I’ve sold my company I will probably make some more games next season. I haven’t seen a schedule yet so I don’t know where some good games might be.

He’s done a good job coaching where he’s been. I love that he is true blue and that he loves this program almost as much as a born Kentuckian.

Mitch always intended to hire Pope one day. He didn’t know the day would come this soon.

The question is recruiting. No one knows how well he will recruit in these times. Things are different now. As great a recruiter as Cal is he was having trouble fitting the pieces of the new world order together.

Pope is younger and certainly in tune to how a high level player thinks because he was one. That should excite UK fans.

As for Cal. I hold no ill will for him. I won’t follow Ak basketball anymore than I do now. If I were to talk to him I would wish him well except when he plays us.

I am friends with Bruce Pearl. That’s what I tell him, I hope you win all your games except against UK.

Go Big Blue!!🏀
excellent post ,but in my opinion you don't have to explain anything to justify your fandom just because people can't handle differing opinions

I wasn't expecting a definitive list 🤣

It makes me wonder what he has on all of us.
Walter White Walk GIF by Breaking Bad

Go Big Blue!!🏀
Appreciate the response. Honestly thought you might feel that way, and I’m glad you do. Go Cats.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Cal put himself and some individual players over the program. It would be interesting to know how many times we lost that he was out coached. He refused to change for the good of the program. He supported his 5 star players, generally speaking, over all the other players on the team. All of those assistant coaches to his disposal, and still let several rag tag type teams beat us.

You can look at it from the all positive side you want, but there is as much negative IMO.

Sort of. But I can handle different opinions. And I’m the one who posted the thread.

Was looking for an honest discussion, which I think we mostly got.
not talking about you just the board in general. honest discussion would be a most welcome development

Reactions: Aike
Post Season
2-7 since 2020.

So whichever is right, it really doesn't matter.

Yes. And ultimately this is what caused him to leave.

This is the part that's always difficult to me. Ultimately its about getting results in March, but another part of me understands the nature of these one and done tournaments. A team could lose to a 16 seed and win the title the next season. Another team can do the same and make a final next season.

This is why I always judge things on entire seasons. But it's things like that. We can say Reed and Rob on the bench was a mistake but we also played an entire season like that and earned a 3 seed playing that way.

To me tho, it wasn't even the 2-7. It was the constant roller coaster ride. Even pre 15 we were like that. A title followed by an NIT season. It just looked better cause we managed to turn 4 seed and an 8 seed into final fours. But that's just not how to go about this IMO.

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Damn that's a mighty fine list you have there save this one alot of these are still butthurting cal ran with his 1 and done shitshow to Arkansas

I wanted Calipari here after Tubby left but we got BCG. Then we got him and the Cal we got was hungry and still had that chip on his shoulders. 2012 happened and he was king of the hoops world. More success was on the way and then the pursuit for perfection happened and it broke him in my opinion in 2015.
I'm not going to get onto the last 4 years because there is no need to. We all know the results, sarcasm, rudeness and sadness that we have seen.
I'm so happy the program will be put first now. If the program does good the players do good. The name on the front of the jersey will always take care of the name on the back.
I'm excited, I'm ready to ride this thing with Mark Pope and cheer our Cats on.
Let's roll with it and let the journey begin.

Reactions: crestcat and Aike
Im worried about the hire, but I am also anxious to see what he can do without all the restrictions that had him at a disadvantage at BYU. If after 2-3 years it doesn't work out, well, I was expecting Calipari to be here with a bunch more fail and bail players anyways.

Go Big Blue!!🏀
-Went blind
-Hung out with the team at Drake's house
-Hung out with the team in Canada
-Friends with Bruce Pearl

The damn Cal boys in other threads already contemplating how they can spin the new hire to start division within the fanbase. Just can't ever enjoy the good, gotta rub it in your face.

kWilt is now LXWildcat and he got off the Calipari bandwagon after the Oakland loss.

He’s actually the first one of us who broke the Cal to Arkansas news, so early (Friday iirc) that the mods deleted it thinking it was fake. He did stay with Cal too long for my blood in general he’s just very pro UK unapologetically optimistic, which is how I think Cal hooked him. He’s been permanently and vocally over Cal since the Oakland loss.

Somewhat OT lots of people claim KWilt is a troll and a tard fan but I just don’t see how it could be or why he would do it. He spends so very much of his time posting here, and all things that are very pro UK, some over the top Cal loving notwithstanding the past year or so before Oakland, but he was hardly alone in that and very very rarely stooped to the “if you don’t support Cal then you’re not a fan” type stuff. Generally what he posts is a very high volume of staunchly optimistic, pro Kentucky, pro Kentucky fans material. I just don’t see why you would possibly sustain that for 15 years if you weren’t a Kentucky fan. People claim to have caught him bragging on UL’s board that he got us stirred up by saying such and such a thing. But I don’t know: have those claims/connections ever really been verified? Even if those claims are true I would honestly think it’s a case where someone else in the household has access to the account before troll. I can’t make troll fit the picture of fifteen straight years of generally very well informed, generally very pro UK high volume posting, especially since he’s always been consistent about the eastern Kentucky town he’s from, I forget which one offhand.

And as to that volume, a lot of people call it spam. But it’s pretty middle of the road and it always generates conversation. That’s harder to do than it looks. I know from the likes I get that my views on most things are at least in line with a good-sized chunk of us at least most of the time. But eight out of ten times if I start a post, it’s a very awkward silence, don’t quit my day job kind of thing. Maybe some nervous laughter or a golf clap. Worst case, even if he is a “troll,” which I don’t really believe, KWilt adds value to this board imo.
KWilt is HerrosHeroes and he IS an ADMITTED troll and ADMITTED UL fan.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Well, I'm kinda surprised I'm not on that list. I supported Calipari until the end of this season. I think my support was more about supporting the UK coach than supporting a man. I will admit, I was blinded to his biggest faults. I just wanted peace in the fanbase and wanted the team to do well. I justified the post covid debacle. I tried to believe the St Peter's loss was a fluke. I was very irritated with the Kansas St loss and stopped posting as much for a while. The 2023-24 team got me back in and invested and willing to give Cal another chance. The loss to Oakland was the final straw. My conclusion was that Calipari lost something along the way, perhaps his passion for UK and BBN, the UK athletic director and department, I'm not sure but I concluded that he was obviously done at UK. 4 seasons of unacceptable results. You can only make excuses for so long. Some here were upset with me saying Cal should be done because I didn't say it sooner.

As for the Pope hire, my first reaction was that it was a joke. When I realized it was legitimate, I was angry about it to be honest. I wasn't mad at Pope. I was mad at Barnhart. It felt like Pope was his #3 choice. I'm not 100% sure that is true, but it felt that way. And truthfully, I haven't followed Pope's coaching career closely enough to know how good a coach he will be. My estimation was that he might be among the top 10-15 candidates.

Now, after letting it sink in that Pope is the coach, checking on and catching up with him, watching some team's highlights, listening to guys like Kelvin Sampson talking about his style, and listening to other coaches trying to figure out how to defend BYU, and struggling with it, and mainly listening to Pope talking about UK, his love for the university, his love for the fans, and realizing the limitations he had recruiting at BYU (they require players to sign agreements to not have sex, not drink any alcohol, and requiring them to take a Mormon mission for 2 years), I have changed my tune. I'm still not sure Barnhart should have picked Pope so quickly, but I am excited about many different things Pope may bring. And I may be most excited to be rid of some of Calipari's biggest flaws because Pope is the exact opposite of Cal in so many ways. I'm excited about guys playing for what's printed on the front of the jersey again. So, I'm gonna support him. Let's go. 👍😀
Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself. Some people are more patient than others, and some people are just good at spotting red flags. To me, Evansville was a red flag. I didn't believe for an instant that we would have made a FF in 2020. St. Peters was another red flag and so was Richmond, UNCW, and finally Oakland. Sharpe was a red flag. Hell, even 2010 WVU was a red flag, but most of us didn't want to believe it at the time. I called it after the Wisky loss, and I took a lot of grief. But I was right. I said Cal would never win another title. I also called Sharpe. But I'm a naturally suspicious sort, and I was sorta wrong about Stoops b/c I called him being a failure before we went Citrus. Of course, we suck in football now, so maybe I was right after all.

The point is, UK fans ARE a bit entitled. And we ARE the most knowledgeable basketball fans in the country. But we have the vices of our virtues. Being knowledgeable makes us vulnerable to failure. It can really suck during years of futility. Maybe I should be more like those casual fans and not take this stuff so seriously/personally. I dunno. Pope is going to do whatever he's supposed to. Will he win a title? Who knows. I doubt it, but he is a Pitino grad. You never know.

Last thing I'm going to say is that BBN is going through stages of grief right now. We've been in denial for several years. Now it's the anger stage. You can see it on this board. Next will be bargaining as Pope takes the reins next season. If we suck you're going to see a lot of depression.

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Wow, this has to be the biggest name drop ever (on here I mean).

Couple good posters on that list , and a bunch of D bags .
And someone mentioned “ Grace to you “ — that poster had zero Grace and was mean as hell . Sounded like an awful person .. JMHO
Yeah, MdWildcat is a good one. Is level headed and was just trying to stay positive during the last few years.

Reactions: berniecarbo

Go Big Blue!!🏀
You might want to hire an editor and a book sponsor. ;) It's a novel idea.

Some people don’t post a lot. I look for join date. People who change names are suspect to me.
A LOT of name changes were due to mods banning accounts because they took a shot at Cal, sometimes even minor criticism.
Nastiness I understand but criticism should be warranted.
Mods on this board remind me of some prosecuting attorney with little man sydrome.

I think he’s changed over the years. I think as a strategist he knew he might not be putting the best lineups out there. But he said himself he didn’t want to take Justin and DJ out of the starting lineup because he was afraid of how they would respond. I find it hard to believe he thinks that’s how you maintain a winning culture. By coddling and catering to players you think are too weak to be able to handle being held accountable.

That doesn’t mean i think he was throwing. I just don’t think winning is as important to him as it used to be. I think he’s gotten soft in the sense that he doesn’t have the stomach to be a hard ass when it’s necessary anymore.

We’ll see what changes at Arkansas though. I guarantee some things will change because now he has something to prove. There’s a little extra motivation. I just don’t see him being able to change how he handles his players. And that was a problem the last several years.

Reactions: crestcat
I think he’s changed over the years. I think as a strategist he knew he might not be putting the best lineups out there. But he said himself he didn’t want to take Justin and DJ out of the starting lineup because he was afraid of how they would respond. I find it hard to believe he thinks that’s how you maintain a winning culture. By coddling and catering to players you think are too weak to be able to handle being held accountable.

That doesn’t mean i think he was throwing. I just don’t think winning is as important to him as it used to be. I think he’s gotten soft in the sense that he doesn’t have the stomach to be a hard ass when it’s necessary anymore.

We’ll see what changes at Arkansas though. I guarantee some things will change because now he has something to prove. There’s a little extra motivation. I just don’t see him being able to change how he handles his players. And that was a problem the last several years.

What puzzles me is why recruit these guys then. Like my biggest thing isn't even the starting/not starting but if these guys are that fragile, they probably should not be playing for UK in the first place. I get Wagner with the connection but not Edwards. It was just a weird comment to be making by Cal IMO.

I don't know why he didn't just stick to the "it doesn't matter who starts but who we have on the court at the end" line. People would have still complained and disagreed but to say you don't want to take players out of the lineup cause it might hurt their feelings, it just makes 1) the players you are talking about look mental weak and 2) the coach looks weak for being too afraid to make a move on your own team.

Reactions: Montana81
IMO Cal was wrong headed and hard headed. He did not have to showcase his five stars. If he would have just coached to win each and every game everything would have been fine. The scouts would have found the talent and we would have won more games.

NBA scouts find talent at directional schools, overseas, everywhere you don’t have to put a spotlight on the five stars, they know who they are.

Reactions: Montana81 and Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT