ADVERTISEMENT

Curious how some are feeling

Aike

All-American
Mar 18, 2002
I was wondering how some of the biggest Cal supporters, like @UKBB4Ever are feeling about the Pope hire.

I know he was adamant that Cal wasn’t going to be leaving for a long time, while many of us thought the clock was ticking.

Not calling him out. Genuinely curious what he thinks of Pope. I know he played college basketball and has spent a lot of time traveling to support the team.

Any others huge Cal supporters who want to chime in with opinions are more than welcome, of course.

Very difficult to tell who’s genuine or trolls on here. I have about 50 people on block (I like to curate my own experience 😂) and lots were blocked about 3 years ago for being overly negative with Cal as coach and making the reading experience miserable. Well guess what? I see people still arguing (I can’t see what they post just can see that people are quoting them) with those posters today about pope! So I think following my initial gut of blocking them because they just seemed to want to get a rise out of people and start drama was true. Why there are posters like that I have no clue but there’s a ton on this MB.

Cal can sit back and earn his beloved $$$$. Maybe even turn that program over to Brad. Good grief could anyone imagine playing for Brad??

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
I was wondering how some of the biggest Cal supporters, like @UKBB4Ever are feeling about the Pope hire.

I know he was adamant that Cal wasn’t going to be leaving for a long time, while many of us thought the clock was ticking.

Not calling him out. Genuinely curious what he thinks of Pope. I know he played college basketball and has spent a lot of time traveling to support the team.

Any others huge Cal supporters who want to chime in with opinions are more than welcome, of course.
I think most of the so called Cal supporters were/are supporters of UK. I know that I am. They, me, were not supporters of the flock of people that have been over the top negative for years. Complaining about Cal, the team and especially crude about certain players.
I am staying positive about this hire the best I can. I am surprised that other, proven winners were not more aggressively courted but, to be honest, I dont think anyone has a handle on how everything went down.
I will pull for Mark and the team because I am a UK guy . I sure hope Barnhart hired him because he had strong reasons to believe he was the best he could get. I hope it had nothing to do with the fact that he played here and that he seems to be a person that holds religion in high regard.

Very difficult to tell who’s genuine or trolls on here. I have about 50 people on block (I like to curate my own experience 😂) and lots were blocked about 3 years ago for being overly negative with Cal as coach and making the reading experience miserable. Well guess what? I see people still arguing (I can’t see what they post just can see that people are quoting them) with those posters today about pope! So I think following my initial gut of blocking them because they just seemed to want to get a rise out of people and start drama was true. Why there are posters like that I have no clue but there’s a ton on this MB.
Just go by post count.

Reactions: Ron Mehico

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Jwukfan11 - left Team Cal in March, 2024
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
ColdStoudbeer - likely troll
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Wildcatfaninohio officially defected on March 26th, 2024
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Lempface - publicly defected from Team Cal on March 21st
Eight_banners - defected on April 12th, 2024

Last edited:
MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Jwukfan11
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
JonathanW
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Wow

Reactions: warrior-cat
MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Extensive list you’ve got there 😁

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Is one of those Kwilt's new handle?

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
We should all have to change our profile pix to either Cal or Pope to declare our allegiance

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
Couple good posters on that list , and a bunch of D bags .
And someone mentioned “ Grace to you “ — that poster had zero Grace and was mean as hell . Sounded like an awful person .. JMHO

This was always going to happen at some point.

I’m indifferent. I mean it’s no secret Cal hasn’t done well lately. He had to go. And this was probably the best senario for both him and UK.

As far as Pope goes obviously not the big splash hire but I’m excited to see what he brings to the table.

I think this board people have always painted the fanbase Cal vs non Cal when at the end of the day I think it just boiled down to people supporting the coach of their favorite team. No one here is jumping ship to Arkansas. The Cal supporters will turn into Mark Pope supporters.

Amazing to see my account listed. I don't pay attention to anyone's screen name. They're purposefully just nonsense names. I like my joke. I think it's the first screen name I've had that I like. People complain about sock puppets and I suppose they exist. Which makes tracking screen names doubly weird.

Just respond to the post.

I used to block posters for nastiness. Then I looked and my ignore list had grown ginormously. So, I wiped it out, started over, and only block for extreme nastiness. My ignore list is much smaller. But I couldn't tell you who's in there. Why remember stuff like that?

Just respond to the post.

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll

I am honored. I made the list not just once but twice. I am sooooo good!!

Pope has one thing going for him

For as long as he is coach, what he wants for and from the University of Kentucky will be the same as the fans.

given that for the last 9 or so years, the fans have been told what our priorities *should* be by a man who ended up accumulating several of the worst records in Kentucky history, hiring Pope just feels right

I would imagine every person that spend hours of their life watching games and contributing here would be all in on that

Since I made the list, not once but twice, I guess I should answer. I had my doubts about Cal but I felt the criticism of this board was over the top. For example, I never thought he was intentionally losing games or sabotaging the program. I also felt that people saying he failed in the tournament the past 5 years was simply not truthful since they included the covid no tournament year. I also vehemently argued against the notion that we were now IU.

As for Pope, I am excited. I believe he can do what Cal was failing to do the past FOUR years. I think Cal leaving was a win/win. I can see Arkansas fielding a decent team and I HOPE we win the SEC next year and make a deep run in the tournament.

depends on how you define intentionally losing games.

Is losing games by not putting the best team out there intentionally losing games?

I'm not even talking about not starting Sheppard or Dilly, this has been a thing for years with him.

Even if you believe that he was getting playing time so these players were going to be ready for March,
its pretty easy to make the argument he'd take a loss to keep players getting minutes

then if you don't believe that, we can go into not playing zone, not adapting to modern basketball and having his teams (and himself) woefully unprepared to face opposing teams on multiple occasions

MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
I will take the high road and say that I am impressed that you have a list of what you say are Cal supporters. A part of me wants to say a lot more but, that is all.

Was a big supporter of Cal for a long time. Still hard for me to fathom how badly he tanked to close out his UK tenure.

I for one couldn't be more excited about Pope. Cal's time was up and it would have gotten much worse. There was just too much pressure and no matter what he did it wasn't going to be good enough for most.

He actually said it very well in his going away speech, "time for a new voice". Everything was stale...everything.

Will be great to have new messaging from Pope and new direction for program. It was overdue.

Last edited:
MdWildcat
ukcatz12
Leadbelly - troll
Philstat
Saxonburgcat
Jamalsunburn
JLoad
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
saxonburgcat
JamesLee32
Chattanoogawildcat
Wildcatfanatic64
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
Oboro3
gojvc
Deli Owl
BlueTick 2 - troll
Woodsmoke
NuthinbutNylon
jc4446
caneintally
HenryMuto
Dreadlox
ftp000
toeriver
Pasdfs07
247Cats
Toddadams1980
Omahacats - troll
steve buscemi people to kill GIF

I've been a Cal fan since he played us at UMASS. I thought he out coached Pitino in that game. I was fine with him leaving even after the St. Peter's loss, but I never thought we'd be able to find a good replacement for him and knew that there wouldn't be a line of coaches knocking on the door if we fired Cal. I wanted someone that was a proven recruiter and a great X's and O's coach with a strategic mind that prepared for different teams. I would have been fine with Pearl at this point. However, I have definitely warmed up to Pope, the more that I inform myself on his coaching style, preparedness and his success in his first year in the Big 12. So, he has been hired and I will support the heck out of him because he is an alum, he's our coach and he is OVERJOYED to be inn this position. I surely hope that he is blown away with the support that he gets from fans from the very first day. I would be disgusted if he had some indication that BBN was not pumped up for him to get started. Overall, today I am pleased with the hire and wish him the very best. I really look forward to seeing what his roster building looks like and how many guys he can convince to stay. GO BIG BLUE!!!! Can't wait!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT