ADVERTISEMENT

Crowdus to Hawaii

I would totally go to a place like Hawaii or Pepperdine if I could do it all over again. At the very least, do my college visits there.
Unfortunately Pepperdine has no football program. So-so baseball, beautiful campus.

I would totally go to a place like Hawaii or Pepperdine if I could do it all over again. At the very least, do my college visits there.

Hawaii is a little different with their official visits. As you can probably guess they are expensive just getting there and back. Years ago I had a QB being recruited by several programs including Hawaii. He was planning on taking an official, but they were correct in thinking he wasn't serious about going there, so they didn't bring him in. He was going to take me, so I wasn't happy with them. He signed and started a year at Maryland. Big, fast, could throw 75+ yards. Got by in HS by just being a better athlete, really struggled when everyone was almost as good as he was.

Hawaii is a little different with their official visits. As you can probably guess they are expensive just getting there and back. Years ago I had a QB being recruited by several programs including Hawaii. He was planning on taking an official, but they were correct in thinking he wasn't serious about going there, so they didn't bring him in. He was going to take me, so I wasn't happy with them. He signed and started a year at Maryland. Big, fast, could throw 75+ yards. Got by in HS by just being a better athlete, really struggled when everyone was almost as good as he was.
Didn't know he was leaving.

Today we call that the Joey syndrome.

Timmy Chang is the Hawaii coach, think he may have played for June Jones so you know they'll throw it around the yard.

It won't be super convenient for dude or his family and friends to travel back and forth to visit each other, but otherwise it sounds awesome. Living in a tropical paradise under a pass happy system, probably the best talent at the position on the team, and can still impress NFL scouts if he lights things up. I wish I could transfer to Hawaii.

I bet you weren’t . Lots of 5’7 to 5’8 - 175-185 lb guys in D1 .
Okay name them. Pretty sure the only player that size drafted was the guy from KSU. 5'7 is absolutely tiny for football at any level. Come on, man. Does UK even have a player that height? Brandon White isb5'9

Luckily, I was a so-so baseball player as far as D1 lol I was always too small for football.

I bet you weren’t . Lots of 5’7 to 5’8 - 175-185 lb guys in D1 .

Okay name them. Pretty sure the only player that size drafted was the guy from KSU. 5'7 is absolutely tiny for football at any level. Come on, man. Does UK even have a player that height? Brandon White isb5'9

Buike - I think what you meant to say was you are either too small for your speed...or you are not fast enough for your size.

I'm guessing your speed/quickness would've been good if you were 6'5 320... or your size would've been ok if you were a shifty 5'8 kid running a 4.3 40

That was my problem in basketball... my skills weren't good enough to overcome my lack of size b/c coming out of high school, I was about he size of Tyler Ulis, who obviously proved someone my size could play at a high level😁

Reactions: yoshukai
Well it was kind of a joke but nevermind . You’d be surprised how many there are . Carry on .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT