ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroad

I'm very sad!
I'm at a crossroad, do I continue to follow college sports even though I know that it's all a farce...
It's killing me to realize that something I enjoy so much is not even a real thing, it's no more real than the WWE.
Maybe the NCAA can hire Vince,a certain ref taking a chair shot(even a fake one) would be great

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
wrestlings-not-fake.jpg

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
I'm very sad!
I'm at a crossroad, do I continue to follow college sports even though I know that it's all a farce...
It's killing me to realize that something I enjoy so much is not even a real thing, it's no more real than the WWE.
I watch UK sports and that is all. I don't even subscribe to ESPN anymore. I find bootleg links on the web to watch UK games or just do without sometimes. Catch games at other peoples houses too...or a bar.

The money is so big and influential now, nothing related to the game I love would surprise me any more. I am actually very disheartened by the decision today regarding UNCheat. I guess I thought they would eventually do the right thing and at least give the appearance of caring about the student athletes. They are really just a bunch of Pitinos and Juriches who work for a different boss but for the same reason.....$$$$$.
It is really sad actually and a true indicator of where our society is heading right now.
giphy.gif

One and dones, worthless degrees, hookers in School halls, hundred thousand dollar bribes.....

Yeah......not exactly what it was played up to be.

Ones and dones are = to worthless degrees, hookers, and hundreds of thousand dollar bribes?
For someone that started watching the game when freshmen weren't eligible, just another change of the game I grew in love with.
Different time, different game.
Just change.

Telandar was right twenty years ago....time for a cleaner sport...pro boxing or McMahons sports entertainment.

College basketball is fake, I’m not going to follow it. There is no doubt to me that the ncaa has refs determine games in the tournament to get the desired result.

If that's the case, Kansas would have beat us in 2012.

Oh 2012, you mean the team with the best college basketball player on it in the last like 30 years or more. We aren't saying it's rigged against UK, it's rigged to an agenda .. money agenda.. .Lots of Blue bloods winning as of late.

But pretty sure i saw Wisconsin get 4 free points against the 2015 squad, then Wisconsin had a real tough whistle against Duke .. .who ended up winning the title.. .the darling of ncaa.

Oh 2012, you mean the team with the best college basketball player on it in the last like 30 years or more. We aren't saying it's rigged against UK, it's rigged to an agenda .. money agenda.. .Lots of Blue bloods winning as of late.

But pretty sure i saw Wisconsin get 4 free points against the 2015 squad, then Wisconsin had a real tough whistle against Duke .. .who ended up winning the title.. .the darling of ncaa.
Yeah, not even a Rooferee could've screwed that 2012 team out of a title.

The thing is, just pay the players and all of this goes away. Schools won't need to provide benefits for players if they're all getting paid anyway. It's a very simple fix but the NCAA is too incompetent to make it.

Reactions: dynastydreamuk
I didn’t say they cheated every time, it would be too obvious. They couldn’t stop that team but I also didn’t suggest their goal was to strictly sabotage UK. You misunderstood my post

Just quit watching then, like you said you would.... but you won't.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
The money is so big and influential now, nothing related to the game I love would surprise me any more. I am actually very disheartened by the decision today regarding UNCheat. I guess I thought they would eventually do the right thing and at least give the appearance of caring about the student athletes. They are really just a bunch of Pitinos and Juriches who work for a different boss but for the same reason.....$$$$$.
It is really sad actually and a true indicator of where our society is heading right now.
giphy.gif

It's been this way our entire lives, as well as for our parents and their parents.

The sad part is people are just now starting to pay attention and become aware of it.

Conspiracy? Lmao...our whole matrix-designed lives are a conspiracy, whether people are aware of it or not.

It's been this way our entire lives, as well as for our parents and their parents.

The sad part is people are just now starting to pay attention and become aware of it.

Conspiracy? Lmao...our whole matrix-designed lives are a conspiracy, whether people are aware of it or not.
I agree with you to some extent...the rich and powerful have always had more say than others. However, I think the complete lack of shame and any sense of embarrassment is a new phenomenon. There was a time that UNCheat would have been so ashamed of the AFAM program that they would have plead guilty just to get the whole story out of the news and behind them as quickly as possible. Same is true with UofL and their hookers. Not any more....hire a lawyer, wait for the smoke to clear and hope your fans are too morally and ethically bankrupt to care. Pathetic actually.

I have never wasted a lot of time watching sports in general, but always loved watching UK basketball and listening to the Reds on the radio while I am working in the garage. I am getting less and less interested as a whole, just sick of the corruption and favoritism on all levels of college sports allowing some schools to get away with major scandals and executing others for small infractions. I can't stand Pro Football or the NBA, I'll still watch the Cats, but the whole thing is losing it luster.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I agree with you to some extent...the rich and powerful have always had more say than others. However, I think the complete lack of shame and any sense of embarrassment is a new phenomenon. There was a time that UNCheat would have been so ashamed of the AFAM program that they would have plead guilty just to get the whole story out of the news and behind them as quickly as possible. Same is true with UofL and their hookers. Not any more....hire a lawyer, wait for the smoke to clear and hope your fans are too morally and ethically bankrupt to care. Pathetic actually.

Couldn't agree more.

I see UNC fans saying they're relieved they didn't get in trouble...but rarely see one say anything negative about the factual things that happened. Apparently integrity is a thing of the past...

I'm very sad!

Agreed to an extent but it’s definitely more real than WWE lol

amateur college sports has been a farce for 50+ years. i dont know why people cling to this ideal so much.

lol , still here I see. Dude just because you got proven wrong doesn’t mean you need to feel ashamed or anything. No need to lash out and project homophobic slurs...

But YASSS. The woodiest of all wood is what I like [smoke]

More wood, the better. # manwood

How am I wrong and how could i prove i'm right ... it's the internet .. you don't know me lol ...If i stop posting you will claim i am a different user name... it's the same thing as me claiming you like wood, you can't prove me wrong... I'm hopelessly clinging to the board right now that the ncaa will announce there was a mistake and they are crushing UNC***

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT