ADVERTISEMENT

CROD news

Well , then I won’t absolutely despise the LPD “hero” who couldn’t resist upending the top RB in the SEC’s life. But good to know they’ll be waiting in the shadows to not cut our state a break. Their fragile egos are what matters.

Well , then I won’t absolutely despise the LPD “hero” who couldn’t resist upending the top RB in the SEC’s life. But good to know they’ll be waiting in the shadows to not cut our state a break. Their fragile egos are what matters.
I'm just reading between the lines like most other posters, but it sounds like CR's future at UK goes beyond the DUI. CR deserves some kind of suspension for the DUI, and I personally think 1-2 games is sufficient.

Rumors about the other stuff ranges from CR colluding with Russians to invade Ukraine to just earning money outside of NIL parameters. I'm 100% guessing that it is something else. But, I don't think CR's eligibility is just DUI related.

Based on Stoops CRod comments today, I think no formal announcement of a suspension will ever be given. He just won't play game 1, and afterwards Stoops will say it is over.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Based on Stoops CRod comments today, I think no formal announcement of a suspension will ever be given. He just won't play game 1, and afterwards Stoops will say it is over.
I'm guessing he gets 1 game suspension for DUI, plus another 1-2 games for whatever other stuff is. They'll never tell us other issue. We fans want to know everything, but I understand them not telling us if it's not a public legal issue. (Internet scuttlebutt is that it is moral in nature and not legal.)

Internet will interpret whatever suspension as all being related to DUI. This is something we'll hear details about a few year's after he's gone. They're playing this thing tight to the vest, and it's hard to get people to keep secrets in today's world of fake social media accts when people can anonymously leak info.

I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a news story about the Wildcats. Someone out there has to know what this mystery "other issue" is that's either nothing to worry about or high treason against the United States government.

I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a news story about the Wildcats. Someone out there has to know what this mystery "other issue" is that's either nothing to worry about or high treason against the United States government.
I agree. I think it’s pretty embarrassing for the UK football media that they all hyped up this big issue but none of them dug in enough to figure out what it is. Some fans here will say it’s none of our business which is fine, but an eligibility issue with a star player is a legit story. Apparently no one covering our football team is able to do any actually reporting on it though.

I agree. I think it’s pretty embarrassing for the UK football media that they all hyped up this big issue but none of them dug in enough to figure out what it is. Some fans here will say it’s none of our business which is fine, but an eligibility issue with a star player is a legit story. Apparently no one covering our football team is able to do any actually reporting on it though.

If it was a legal issue, then there would already be records and/or leaks.

That leads me to believe it was NIL/money related...which would still be all types of frustrating when you consider the blatant pay-for-play deals happening everywhere.

Not asking for free inside info, but are there people in HOB who at least know what's going on?

I'm just reading between the lines like most other posters, but it sounds like CR's future at UK goes beyond the DUI. CR deserves some kind of suspension for the DUI, and I personally think 1-2 games is sufficient.

Rumors about the other stuff ranges from CR colluding with Russians to invade Ukraine to just earning money outside of NIL parameters. I'm 100% guessing that it is something else. But, I don't think CR's eligibility is just DUI related.
it's an employment issue....

So is that NIL-ish related?

If so, this is pure baloney by UK/Mitch. Teams are ponying up tons of money for HS recruits that have not worked a day 1 for their NIL $$$. If we suspend a star RB in his 4th year at UK over NIL stuff....just utter nonsense.
Not directly NIL. But an employment/work /ncaa issue. However, I was told CRod will be good to go.

You’re right. This isn’t just any football player, this is a future hall of famer for UK. How far behind Snell is he on rushing yards and TDs?

Pretty big insight on KSR....sounds like CRod isn't going to be thrown off team and will play in 2022. Maybe 1-2 game suspension. That is huge news to the season if this pans out
I am sure they cannot be true. There is a thread with many pages of posts informing that much much worse things would happen. I will await official news (but thanks).

I'm not sure what outside of NIL parameters are because you can just pay players these days. Well at other schools anyway.

You’re right. This isn’t just any football player, this is a future hall of famer for UK. How far behind Snell is he on rushing yards and TDs?

1134 yards, which he SHOULD pass if he plays a full season (he was well over that last year at 1378) and can still pass with a brief suspension. He won't catch Snell in TDs. Snell has 48, all rushing. CROD has 27 rushing, 30 total. Of course, Snell also did all that in only 3 seasons.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I'm not sure what outside of NIL parameters are because you can just pay players these days. Well at other schools anyway.
There are a few legal ways to make $ that are outside NIL and university standards ; -)

I do NOT know anything, nor am I suggesting anything. I'm just reading tea-leaves from those who know more than me. UK will not reveal the issue, and contrary to many fans, Stoops and school should NOT reveal anything. It is simply none of our business.

Hope CRod sets new school records this year, shows ability to secure the ball and catch the ball out of backfield, then goes on to have a successful NFL career. RB is a tough and short tenure for most NFL players.

Reactions: Jdhays21
There are a few legal ways to make $ that are outside NIL and university standards ; -)

I do NOT know anything, nor am I suggesting anything. I'm just reading tea-leaves from those who know more than me. UK will not reveal the issue, and contrary to many fans, Stoops and school should NOT reveal anything. It is simply none of our business.

Hope CRod sets new school records this year, shows ability to secure the ball and catch the ball out of backfield, then goes on to have a successful NFL career. RB is a tough and short tenure for most NFL players.
Really the DUI is none of our bees wax either.

Reactions: delk4three
OK... so, let me make this WAG

Announcement: Suspended for first game for "VIOLATION OF TEAM RULES"

Q: Will he play in the second game?

A: "We are monitoring the situation". i.e. We are keeping Florida in the dark as they game plan

He plays v Florida.

Hey, it could happen that way

A: "We are monitoring the situation". i.e. We are keeping Florida in the dark as they game plan

He plays v Florida.

Given what we know....this is all that should happen.

1 game for DUI is correct judgement
2nd game....again given no specifics.....he's playing Florida game

He plays v Florida and rushes for a buck fitty and 3 TDs and Stoops rides off into the sunset the winningest Coach in UK football history.

FIFY

Reactions: Rockford
It’s a good thing that no journalists have been able to uncover whatever it is. What the public doesn’t know won’t hurt ‘em. See you in Gainesville, C-Rod!
That's what is holding me back from making the trip to Gainesville. Not knowing if we will have Chris. He is a game changer that we definitely need.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Oh no. Hack has declared it a dead horse. Let the beating commence.
Whereupon, this Horse was ill upon inception;

Now therefore, be it hereby declared to be deceased, to have departed this world, it has found its demise . . . to be pushing up daisies, as it is no more, and is only formerly a horse, having now crossed the veil, and, thence, having met it’s maker, it has passed from among the living.

I know a dead horse when I see one.

[This is how your mind goes after 40 years of drafting resolutions then later watching Monte Python’s].

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT