ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy impressive national stats...

And last in rebounding

lol

Sorry but couldn’t resist….we aren’t last of course but lots of room for improvement. The sky is the limit for this awesome group!

And last in rebounding

lol

Sorry but couldn’t resist….we aren’t last of course but lots of room for improvement. The sky is the limit for this awesome group!
Ehhh, also a byproduct of shooting so well. We are doing okay when it comes to defensive rebounds. Not great, but okay (66th). Duke gets 0.04 more than us and we are only about 3 defensive rebounds per game out of the top 10.

Reactions: Chairman Meow
I'd like to see proof of 335 some odd teams that have committed more fouls than us on a per game basis.

Kentucky has found themselves in several double-bonus situations so far.. there's no way we're just 12th.. unless that means we've committed the 12th most fouls, which would make perfect sense.

Without doing the math.. it seems Kentucky averages like 12 to 14 fouls per game. No way thats in the bottom 95% of fouls committed.

Looks good but fools gold for the moment. 6 games. 2 against actual competition. Rest against utterly defenseless teams that were incompetent. Better discussion after we face 10 or so quality opponents

Reactions: blackcat714
And last in rebounding

lol

Not a good rebounding team at the moment. We have all 3 big men out!
But number of team rebounds is not a good statistic.
Two much better ones are ratio of defensive rebounds to your opponents offensive rebounds; and ratio of offensive rebounds to your opponents defensive rebounds.

Reactions: Chairman Meow

Without doing the math.. it seems Kentucky averages like 12 to 14 fouls per game. No way thats in the bottom 95% of fouls committed.
We are 6th in foul rate (fouls per possession). Completely true.

Think about it. We’ve been playing with 8 guys. Anybody fouling out or even getting in much foul trouble?

Reactions: ganner918
We are 6th in foul rate (fouls per possession). Completely true.

Think about it. We’ve been playing with 8 guys. Anybody fouling out or even getting in much foul trouble?

From the guy above, it does seem that we are averaging a low foul percentage per game. We are 78th in total fouls committed, but we played 7 games and a lot of other teams only played 6, or even 5 games.

That's still kind of a shock to me, because we have hit bonus and double bonus in several games. We also played only one neutral site game, rest being home games.. Had we played one of these neutral site tournaments, or swaped a home game for an away game, i expect out numbers to be a little higher.

From the guy above, it does seem that we are averaging a low foul percentage per game. We are 78th in total fouls committed, but we played 7 games and a lot of other teams only played 6, or even 5 games.

That's still kind of a shock to me, because we have hit bonus and double bonus in several games. We also played only one neutral site game, rest being home games.. Had we played one of these neutral site tournaments, or swaped a home game for an away game, i expect out numbers to be a little higher.
I expect them to be higher once SEC play starts.

The Fox/Monk team was 13th in foul rate at this point in the season. Ended up in the 90s by the time SEC play ended.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
That's kind of what I figured. It does seem that we are pretty good at not fouling. Maybe just more talented guards, maybe a little bit of a lack of defense to start the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT