ADVERTISEMENT

Crawford or Reeves, who you got?

Jan 26, 2021
Noticed that Antonio is in a similar draft position as our boy Joe Crawford back in darkest days.

Not exactly similar game, but not too dissimilar either size & shooting wise.

So, GM Bennie, with the 60th pick, who would you choose?

Crawford or Reeves?

Reeves has made himself into a very versatile scorer. I think he sticks around in the league with teams who need bench scoring but don't have the cap room for bigger names. I think his offensive game translates well to what teams are running on offense. He's a defensive liability, but then again top level NBA players will score on anyone.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Difficult discussion (and slightly uneven) to have when Reeves had an extra year.

Ask this question after Reeves' "true senior year" and his 1/15 field goal performance against Kansas State, and you might get different answers.

I would pick Reeves due to height and shooting ability. I really like Crawford though and appreciate any of the good players that survived BCG.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Noticed that Antonio is in a similar draft position as our boy Joe Crawford back in darkest days.

Not exactly similar game, but not too dissimilar either size & shooting wise.

So, GM Bennie, with the 60th pick, who would you choose?

Crawford or Reeves?t of people on here have forgotten how good Crawford was.
Reeves is amazing but Joe was killer his a junior and a senior years. He had a few decent years in the pros too. More athletic with a better body. Reeves may be a better pure scorer though. Tough choice but I hate picking aginsit my boy Joe C. He was amazing in some down years. Much like Reeves honestly. Seems like a lot of people have forgotten how good Crawford was. Not as good as fast as some wanted but he kept improving and was always a good player for us. I think recency bias is here but I have no issue picking Reeves because he was an amazing player, he was the most consistent scorer we had here under Calipari. I just think Joe was a more well rounded player on both ends. Obviously he doesn’t shoot like Reeves but he could hit the 3.

Antonio Reeves, though I will always be appreciative of how much Bradley, Patterson & Crawford willed that '08 team to the Tournament in year one of Gillispie. Crawford had some nice dunks here, especially one against Louisville and on the road at Houston that stick out.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Antonio Reeves, though I will always be appreciative of how much Bradley, Patterson & Crawford willed that '08 team to the Tournament in year one of Gillispie. Crawford had some nice dunks here, especially one against Louisville and on the road at Houston that stick out.
What I love about both of them is that they went down swinging in their last UK games.

Crawford scored 35 points on 13/22 shooting in his last UK game.

Reeves had 27 points in his last tourney game, on 11/18 shooting.

Both of these dudes fought like mad dogs to keep Kentucky alive in their final tourney games. Neither had enough help in those games, unfortunately.

Reeves has lightning fast release on 3. I take Reeves he will be an NBA 7 or 8th man UT long career

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT