ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins swimming in the Cal-Aid

People post these bs twitter posts on here. Again, notice that is not Cousins' twitter account. It is someone saying what Cousins said, and he didn't say it.

Yeah, I saw that clip a few days ago and this afternoon Marques Teague just said that Cal made Kentucky and he never heard of Kentucky before Cal. My guess with Teague and his lack of success in his 4 years in the NBA Cal paid him. But they can just go down to Arkansas and hang out with Cal we don't need them. Hell now that Cal is gone maybe more of the old time players will start coming back more, because Cal did not exactly throw out the welcome mat for them.
I truly believe he's dumb enough to not know basic geography. I believe Cal is getting these guys to drag us, or silently loving it. He showed his disdain for us a million times.

Who says Arkansas fans will appreciate ex-UK players hanging around anyway. The fans have no love for them.
I don't think the players that matter will. When is the last time you saw Jamal Murray, SGA, Fox, Davis and Booker back in Lexington? Not expecting them in Fayetteville either. They are the face of Kentucky pros that matter in the eye of younger players. Wall has said the right things and Davis will always have a special place in BBN's heart for bringing back our last National Championship. Maxey & Quickley might be the only two of the youngers ones that I know of that they might associate with Kentucky on the larger scale and young kids definitely know of being here within the last 5 years. So far, I haven't seen anything ignorant by them and don't think we will. They seemed to have a good head on their shoulders.

I loved being the it program. I definitely think that is in the past unless pope finds a way to recruit some of the top guys. He doesn't have to get them all but he needs to get some. Watching Nike Hoop summit right now and Fland looks very good.

did you watch the video?
"Kentucky won't be on TV anymore, it's going to be hard to get a kid to go to Kentucky if they're not on TV," Cousins said. "What kids are looking for in today's time is what's hot, what's cool, what's relevant. I want to be on TV every night to show my talent. Guess what team is going to be on TV every night?“

Cousins is forgetting that Cal will retire, and Arkansas fans won’t give a damn about Cousins or any of these Kentucky players that are currently alienating themselves. They will end up not having a college program to truly call home.

Cal is NOT the University of Kentucky!!!

Didn’t your momma tell you not to forget where came from? It holds true here as well.
Very good post.

Cal created an environment that caused those guys that played for him to think that way. When it’s all about the NBA and Cal had no respect for our programs history. That’s a horrible combination. “Draft nights the greatest night in program history” not taking up for Rupp when Keon wanted Rupps name taken down, etc.
Wasn’t it Sean Woods who blew up at one of the early Calipari teams for not understanding the history and tradition?

A big deal to us? Of course.

A big deal nationally? Not really.

A big deal when right before Cal got here? Absolutely not.

What he’s saying is, we won’t be what we were during Cal’s tenure. And it’s hard to argue that. The grand national spotlight won’t be focused on UK basketball.
Of course it will be on Kentucky. Always has and always will be! Are you new to Kentucky Basketball ball?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
DeMarcus Cousins is an all-time UK great and always will be. And although I love and respect his loyalty to Coach Cal, if he really said the above, I think their relationship's maybe clouded his objectivity a bit.

We've bled blue since Hoover was President and the planet Pluto was first discovered, since the Shadow, Colonel Sanders's chicken restaurant in Corbin, the Chrysler Building, Mickey Mouse, scotch tape, the Hays Code, and Betty Boop were all brand-new, and we'll be bleeding blue well into the next century, I hope. =)

I truly believe he's dumb enough to not know basic geography. I believe Cal is getting these guys to drag us, or silently loving it. He showed his disdain for us a million times.

The starting pg of our last National Champion… 🤣🤣

You people are too much.

You can simply disagree with him without the insults.

Truth of the matter is. Marquis chose to come to UK because of Cal, like most of the players from the last 15 yrs. And he worked hard, won games, and supported UK.

An All American from Indianapolis or Chicago or NYC isn’t coming to UK because of tradition. It’s a business decision.

A big deal to us? Of course.

A big deal nationally? Not really.

A big deal when right before Cal got here? Absolutely not.

What he’s saying is, we won’t be what we were during Cal’s tenure. And it’s hard to argue that. The grand national spotlight won’t be focused on UK basketball.
You about as dumb as him.. He meant exactly what he said.. Restard..

Last edited:
These guys won't give a damn about the Arkansas program without Calipari. They don't care about it now just like Kentucky. It was only a pit stop to build their brand and jet off to the league. Their allegiance is to Cal. I can't tell you how good it is to move on from this era. At least John Wall is rational about it.
If Calipari had stayed at Memphis, Boogie never would have been a Wildcat. He followed him here and would have gone anywhere he became coach. He does not have any love for UK or any other university.
He was the same in the NBA. The Pelicans built their roster around him and AD when we still had Rondo and D. Miller on the team. The fans loved him but he dumped us right after he hurt his achilles heel. He is a true mercenary and I have 'no love lost' for the bum!!!
Go coach Pope and go CATS!!!

That’s simply not true. And you know it.
My friend, Kentucky Basketball is Collage Basketball. We have been one of greatest programs in all of sports history for a long time and that will always be. I’m sorry you’re not feeling it but it is absolutely 1000% true. Thank you and I need you to do some research on Kentucky Basketball before continuing this conversation. Thanks again.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28 and J_Dee
My friend, Kentucky Basketball is Collage Basketball. We have been one of greatest programs in all of sports history for a long time and that will always be. I’m sorry you’re not feeling it but it is absolutely 1000% true. Thank you and I need you to do some research on Kentucky Basketball before continuing this conversation. Thanks again.

You sound ridiculous buddy.

Wasn’t it Sean Woods who blew up at one of the early Calipari teams for not understanding the history and tradition?
Yeah, and as I seem to recall, he was also agitated by how they behaved at some sort of function at the time. And he made the PR mistake of mentioning it afterward.

I think it fair to say that Pitino’s players …at least on average …took the “representing Kentucky” part of the deal significantly more seriously than most of the one year guys that came later.

"Kentucky won't be on TV anymore, it's going to be hard to get a kid to go to Kentucky if they're not on TV," Cousins said. "What kids are looking for in today's time is what's hot, what's cool, what's relevant. I want to be on TV every night to show my talent. Guess what team is going to be on TV every night?“

The video attached to the OP must have been truncated. If I'm wrong, I own it, but I clicked on OPs tweet and watched that video and he didn't say that.

• Haha
Reactions: CatsDomain
I loved Cuz as a player, but he’s not the brightest bulb in the pack.

He doesn’t seem to understand that Kentucky basketball was already a huge deal LONG before Calipari ever showed up.
Which is wild for a guy who spent a year here.

The starting pg of our last National Champion… 🤣🤣

You people are too much.

You can simply disagree with him without the insults.

Truth of the matter is. Marquis chose to come to UK because of Cal, like most of the players from the last 15 yrs. And he worked hard, won games, and supported UK.

An All American from Indianapolis or Chicago or NYC isn’t coming to UK because of tradition. It’s a business decision.
I'm not "you people" guy. If you think I have to kiss his ass while he's dissing us it says a lot more about you than me.

Wow thanks, as a 40 year old I had no Idea how recruiting worked in this day and age. You have anymore groundbreaking information I need to know?

Edit- You'll not find one instance of me and ANY other poster being dicks to each other cause I respect everyone equally. I only came at you this way because I don't like being patronized. I've never put a single person on ignore and I'd like to think I have a good reputation to most other people on here. So I'm asking politely, I'd appreciate not being patronized.

Last edited:
We’ve had two Elite 8’s and a sweet Sixteen since y’all have made it out of the first weekend. “Desperate for relevance”…the irony.
OMG 🤦‍♂️ Your response proves my point. A UK fan would NEVER celebrate a few elite 8’s and one sweet sixteen. Jesus dude, are you really hanging your hat on the past three seasons. I suppose that’s a rhetorical question. Of course you are. You have to. Otherwise, you don’t have anything to argue about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT