ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins and Rondo

Cousins acts like it was terrible when he got there lol... we had like 2 years of Billy and two downish years of tubby... those 4 years really weren't as bad as these last 4 years how I remember it.

It's obvious now mitch is bringing cal back, I assume because all the grand slam hires said no.

Only hope is Cal's 2022, 2023, 2024 is a mirror of coach K 2012,2013,2014 ...and the 15/25 mirror too and it's back to title contender.

Reactions: jrpross
Cousins is making Rondos point without realizing it.

That was the standard…it’s why Billy G was fired after only 2 years. It’s why Tubby was pushed out 2-3 years after an E8 but it had been a decade since a title….and never missed a tournament.

“You tellin me it was chip or bust under BCG?” Yes…that’s why he was canned after 2 seasons. “All clubs go through down turns”….yes and weve historically been quick to move on and be proactive at getting back to where we belong

Rondo gets it. This is about how I expected it to go. Cal guys don't know anything about the program's rich tradition. Kentucky is bigger than any one coach.

Like I posted in another thread today, Al McGuire once said, "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone."

Rondo gets it. This is about how I expected it to go. Cal guys don't know anything about the program's rich tradition. Kentucky is bigger than any one coach.

Like I posted in another thread today, Al McGuire once said, "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone."
Lol, I posed a thread hours before this came out. It’s gonna be messy.

Sample of the way these younger dudes see things. He’s not real
Familiar w the history of the program and all he knows is we weren’t relevant during his highschool years and became relevant their freshman season. Rondo being older and from the state, has seen more eras of UK basketball and knows what this is about.

Rondo is an interesting dude. Kind of the NBA version of Aaron Rodgers. Freak talent, but very cerebral and kind of different. Rain man meets a beautiful mind meets an elite athlete.

Some say he would be a great coach. Not sure of his interest level in it though.

A lot of these NBA dudes have podcasts, a couple are very good and worth listening/watching, and whenever they talk about Rondo you can just tell.

Rondo would be a hell of a coach and I’d much rather have him next year instead of Joel Osteen.
Nik Wallenda Highwire Live GIF by Volcano Live! with Nik Wallenda

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT