ADVERTISEMENT

Could we call a truce ?

Sure, just stop trashing the team in general unverifiable terms. Stop whining like children about rebuttal to senseless and unverifiable posts made on a public forum. Then there is nothing to fight about.

If it looks like a troll, bashes like a troll and posts like a troll, it’s a troll no matter what color it wears.
In other words post the way I want you to post or I will call you all sorts of names. GTFO with that holier than attitude.

Depends on whom you're talking about.

People like OP, JFCats, and Morgous have their hand-wringing moments but are certainly capable of praising the team when it's due.

Hell, Zay seems to have turned a page in the past year and has been more than reasonable.

A few others, on the other hand, only ever post to bitch and whine to the degree that you genuinely can't tell if they would rather see a win or a "told you so" loss. That's not just Cal hating - that's Cat hating.

It's never about what is reasonable or logical, because they avoid talking numbers like the plague. It's about personal dislike. They make everyone else miserable, so I'm happy to return the favor.

Most are solid but we have some really bad ones.In the game thread today Cal was called a moron and Ashton a clown.

Reactions: Baller Cal
I don't mind the discussions at all. I mean I think Ashton has to work on finishing at the rim. Using the board more to give him a better chance instead of just rim and keeping the ball in play for our bigs if he misses. Discussion is healthy. I mean I never lost faith in this team, but I did know we had to clean things up and we still do have to clean a few things up, but we are fighting. I mean some called this team an NIT team and when I argued that we would be there they said I was delusional to think this team could do anything earlier in the year.

That said the main thing that bothers me is seeing posters on here that I never see unless we lose and that happens a lot. There will be tons of posters who are never active unless we lose and then they flood the board with their negativity. After a loss, there are so man names I don't even recognize. Luckily we haven't had to experience that in a long time.

f3a46fd9368524498f362e5bf453df22.jpg

Hate watching the game in a bar with no sound , and also in very low def resolution .. but it seemed like an ugly game with no flow at all . Just glad we won . I ask my wife “ who played good today “ and she struggled to answer .

A few others, on the other hand, only ever post to bitch and whine to the degree that you genuinely can't tell if they would rather see a win or a "told you so" loss. That's not just Cal hating - that's Cat hating.

Yes, there's that group, of which Zay is the CEO.

What about those that love Cal no matter what but bash players?
Where do they fit in?

Everybody knows your not a UK fan. How long was the ban you just returned from? I’ll admit I thought they took out the trash permanently.

Evidently the truce didn’t hold up! Lol

Have fun in coz one of my favorite dive spots in this hemisphere. Love palancar caves. And Santa Rosa wall. All great dive sites there. Punta sur/devils throat is a must do if you’re a diver.

What about those that love Cal no matter what but bash players?
Where do they fit in?
Who?

The player bashing and the Cal bashing on this board stems from the same eeyore attitude 99% of the time.

You have certain people who are just angry/stressed/anxious by nature - they crap on Cal because they honestly believe he should win a championship every four years or so. They crap on freshmen for making freshman mistakes. They crap on upperclassmen who are taking longer to develop.

The only UK-affiliated people they ever praise are young superstars (and they still crap on them for leaving after a year) and older players who finally develop (but only after calling them worthless the two years prior).

They only accept the very best.

It's cuz these guys are real winners in life. If they were merely top 5-10 in the country every single year at their profession with a great chance of ending up #1, they'd kill themselves tomorrow because that's absolutely unacceptable.
image.png

our 20th something trip to Coz - and there are a 100 better places to hang than senior Frogs - you could get that atmosphere in Lexington . You will find me at Punta Sur Cerveza- coz’s only craft brewery . Assuming I don’t get hung up for more than an hour in customs .

So you wanted to call a truce, but then you shiiit all over him for liking Senor Frogs? I’ll have to say the truce question would probably be a big fan NO! Lmao. WOW. Why not just agree and say “I also like blah, Blah,blah “!! Just giving you some well deserved crap. Have a good one.

P.S. I hope it comes a Storms your whole trip!! Hahahaha. Actually I hope it floods every place beside Senor Frogs and you end up on the news on the roof! Hehe Dang, I’m meaner than I used to be. Lol.

Just joking brother! Have a great time.

Reactions: Blueaz
I don't see why y'all even started with me
I get in beefs, my enemies die
I don't ceasefire 'til at least all are deceased
I'm eastside, never be caught slippin'
Now you see why I don't sleep
Not even a wink, I don't blink
I don't doze off, I don't even nod to the beats
I don't even close my f’n eyes when I sneeze
Ahh Yes, I always enjoy a nice Robert Frost Poem! Ha.

Depends on whom you're talking about.

People like OP, JFCats, and Morgous have their hand-wringing moments but are certainly capable of praising the team when it's due.

Hell, Zay seems to have turned a page in the past year and has been more than reasonable.

It's never about what is reasonable or logical, because they avoid talking numbers like the plague. It's about personal dislike. They make everyone else miserable, so I'm happy to return the favor.

Not sure why I’m in a group. I love UK I just want Cal to achieve the level that suits him and I’m on it when he’s slackin from it. I just think Cal needs his second ring. It’s a pretty big deal. Separates averages coaches from the greats.

I’m attempting to be more open minded about other people opinions on here and see things from a different perspective when it comes to “ bashing “ or negative comments . In general - just generally speaking I thought it was really overblown .
So yesterday we had a hard time finding a place that actually got CBS to watch the game . We find one about the first TV TO , get settling in and I check the Game thread . It sounds like we are getting ate alive and the score must be 16-3 or something .. at this point it’s a commercial and I haven’t seen the score . I actually saw a pretty regular poster call Cal a moron for not going zone . I’m thinking “ damn I guess that’s why people get pissed about negativity “ . First 4 minutes of the game and Cal is dumb already . Smh . The score was 17-9 . Big deal .

Reactions: RunninRichie
I stopped posting on game threads, because of all the Hating on our players and a Cal. I found myself being pulled into arguments with posters that live to hate on anything or anyone. The threads all start the same with posters hating on Hagan’s or Cal. When the thread gets to about page 5 or 6 the bashing and hating really ramp up if we are behind. Even when we are leading some posters still continue to find something to bitch about.

I’m fine with constructive criticism but hating on these kids is uncalled for and I wish the mods would ban those doing this consistently. I knew when we got behind yesterday the haters would show themselves. I just stayed calm and knew Auburn would stop hitting 3’s and the law of average would catch up with them. I trusted in our kids and knew they would turn it around. Well, they did and we won. After the game I reviewed the threads and just like clockwork the same haters showed up when we got down. When we got up things calmed down, but the same posters were posting and bitching on Hagan’s. Hagan’s had a great day yesterday running our team, he had a bad day shooting. This team can’t advance in the dance unless he’s running our team. Like a lot of you I wish he’d cut down on shooting the ball, and just focus on defense and running our team. Yesterday he played great defense and only had 1 turnover, ’ll take that every game we play going forward.

I love our chances to win it all. We will need some luck but every NC winner has things go their way in almost every game. If Brooks and EJ continue to improve at the pace they are currently on we have A great chance for #9.

I do agree with another poster in this thread that felt that these haters are just haters. They hate their life, jobs, family, successful people, and most of all themselves. How can you argue with someone that is deaf, and live in their own little world where everything is negative and hate is their drug of choice.

I chose to stop posting in the game threads, because I came to the realization that Arguing with a wall is just that because nothing you say will ever make any difference. The mods continue to remain silent, just like the NCAA remains silent with all the cheating that is going on in CBB. It’s all about the money and that’s the world we live in today. Still it’s sad when Cal and these kids leave it all on the court, but that’s not enough for some of you. You continue to post your hate, and you continue to live in your own little world where hate is the norm.

There’s a big difference between blasting the coach and players and constructive criticism. If we couldn’t discuss civilly the need for improvement this place would be pretty stagnant.
I’m all for discussion and constructive criticism
Unfortunately we have those few who do go full blast and get ugly with it. Then those threads degenerate into a pissing contest. No one seems to know how to say “I disagree and here is why” or just ignore those who are obviously out to stir the pot

I agree with about all of that but shot selection is a legit topic to discuss “ aka bitch “ if you want to call it that . Ashtons must improve imo

this exactly and game threads is where people are legit emotional. People let their passion come out there. What do you see on benches sometimes? Coaches yelling at each other and players arguing. It is an intense time so it’s natural for people to get worked up and speak in hyperbole.

the ones I dislike are the ones who disappear when things are good - those who find the cloud in every silver lining. It IS ok to have a negative thought. Just call it both ways and give credit where it’s due. Maybe not call a player worthless or Cal a moron and should be fine.

but the Uber positive group is just as bad. I have been called names for saying it doesn’t feel like we are going to crawl back in this one or that we will drop 4-5 spots in a poll. The broad brushing is just as idiotic. It’s good when someone disagrees and asks why I say that. But what happens is I am called a moron and maybe I’m not mature enough to watch college basketball. Haha. those guys are the worst, truly, and I hope they start getting banned for it

Everyone deals with adversity differently and if we had all of our discussions in a face to face environment, there would be fewer battles. Opinions in text come across differently than they would if they were verbalized.

Now, this years team is a veteran team by modern UK standards and with the talent we have, there is no way UK should have suffered, what could be, UK's worst loss ever, then followed it up with another bad loss to Utah. That is where the real bickering started.

IMO, there was no excuse for losing those games and when I state my opinions about that, I shouldn't get hammered by Calipari fans, because I'm correct to feel the way I do. There was no reason for this team to develop as slowly as it did.

Now we see threads started daily about how our NET ratings continue to be very low regardless of how many tough wins we string together.

A lot of these threads are started by people that attacked me and many others, for the criticisms we had after those 2 bad losses. Well, you can't have it both ways guys. This is the reason we were venting after those losses and slow starts. We knew those losses were going to kill us on Selection Sunday. Maybe now you guys will understand.

Lastly, I want Cal to care more about UK's success than NBA draft picks. If you disagree that Cal cares more about "changing lives" than winning titles at UK, then you aren't paying attention. Trying to win titles with freshmen based teams is damn near impossible. I'm not saying he should stop recruiting the best players, but when you have an EJ, Hagans, Vanderbilt, Lamb, Teague, Twins… .etc… you have to retain those players. Change the culture to where those players stay instead of settling on the G-League.

Next years squad COULD be epic, but only if we get some of these guys back.

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Hagans is gone? He can't shoot and he's only 6'3" and he's not on any draft boards. Where is he going? EJ should graduate at UK, he has a long way to go, but he very well could follow the path of many others and leave early to NOT go tho the NBA. Where is Nick going? Last I checked, he's not on any first round draft boards either.

Don't say it isn't possible to retain those players, because we are the ONLY school that doesn't.

You can hate me for what I'm saying here, but at least do it with class and debate it like a man instead of just taking shots at me because you hate my thoughts.

Reactions: Backer cutter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT