ADVERTISEMENT

Could this year go something like 2013-2014?

Do we have anyone on the level of Julius Randle, much less James Young on this current team? Do we have guards like the Harrison twins?

Rhetorical questions, of course. 2014 was a very talented team that underperformed. This current team can't say that.
This team has no guys who lived up to the hype except Jackson.

One thread now asks about the postive posters.
Most the others bitch and whine.
I posted this thread and this thought thread gets bumped onto the 3rd page.
I am not saying stand up for Cal. I am saying : Let's ride the stuff out. It is obvious that this will not be banner year.
This is a Kentucky basketball team and there must be influences around the players that will sing this thought.
It is not a Cal culture. It is a Kentucky basketball culture.

Rupp had players that had extreme success. No not in the NBA but in life.
Doctors, Lawyers, faith leaders, yada yada. Real everyday people.
Are they less than a NBA superstar?

Last edited:
It could be. But what's going on right now feels a whole lot more deeper and serious. Considering whats transpired so far,they might go from most hated to most loved team in Cals tenure. It'd be incredible.

But no....this team is a raging dumpster fire if we want to be honest.

Reactions: UKvisitor
It could be. But what's going on right now feels a whole lot more deeper and serious. Considering whats transpired so far,they might go from most hated to most loved team in Cals tenure. It'd be incredible.

But no....this team is a raging dumpster fire if we want to be honest.
That team was a raging dumpster fire right here in these threads, if we want to be honest.

Lololol what? Julius Randle was a walking double double while being doubled team every game. We also had Janes Young, Twins, Alex Poythress(pre injury), and WCS. Not to mention Dakari Johnson. That team had bulls and alphas. This team has simps, betas, that look like a cross between sideshow bob and drag queens.

This team has no guys who lived up to the hype except Jackson.
And he's always in foul trouble.

Great shot blocker but can he do anything else well? Can't shoot. Can't dribble. Can't even set a proper screen.

But he's not alone. This whole team lacks fundamentals. Guess that's what happens when you recruit your roster from AAU squads.

Even if this team had that type of talent, I don’t think the season will be long enough for them to pull together like the 14 team did.

That team also had an enforcer down low with Randle and had a couple decent shooters with Aaron and Young.

I hope this team can turn it around like that, but no one seems to want it bad enough. No one feels like a winner out of this bunch. I’m just afraid they don’t have the fire or maturity.

On par with 2014? No.

that said if all of the pieces play thier role and everyone buys in this could be a solid team. would love to see it.

Reactions: Girthang
I think the main difference is that we just don't have a point guard that we can rely on this season.

That team was a raging dumpster fire right here in these threads, if we want to be honest.
No it wasn’t. That team loss road games in hostile environments by a possession or 2 consistently. They were always right at the corner and then finally turned it.

They loss 1 game by more than 5 on Feb 15th to Florida (10 points). Eventually loss the title game by 6. All others were 5 or less. Our worse loss was SC. The others were all respectable losses to tournament teams (ie. Baylor, UNC, Mich St, UFx2, LSU, Arkansas)

No. That team had Randle and several other physical monsters that could impose their will. This team has nothing close to that.

Imagine this team vs that 2014 Wichita team. Would get ugly real quick. No “dogs” on UK this year. None.

Like everyone else I am bummed out with the current status of the team. Things could get better. 2013-14 went like this:

Maybe, maybe not, but it could happen.
That would be great but if I had to compare, I would say the 2012-2013 team is closer to this one. Great potential on that team but after Nerlens went down we just couldnt get much traction.

Nope. I still had some hope for the program back then. Also an interest in watching the games.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT