ADVERTISEMENT

Could it help us with Knox if diallo leaves?

Knox's dad said Cal's pitch was he will play 2G. Why would he sell Knox at 2G if Diallo was slotted for that position. Cal knew Diallo was leaving so he is selling Knox at 2G amd Johnson at SF.

That, if true, does indicate Diallo is gone. I think Knox is too big to play the 2, but Cal knows a hell of a lot more than me.

False. Diallo is far better off having not played to protect the unknown factor in his draft status. Playing could have only hurt his draft stock unless he killed it out there.

Also, I think it's incredibly awkward for guys in that position to take PT from other players that have been here all season. Same thing happened with Wynyard. He had a chance to play and didn't want to. The fact that Diallo didn't play doesn't mean anything to me.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I don't view the players as being owned by Kentucky or even owing Kentucky.
I view them more so through the lens as if they're my own child... and what would I want for them?
The best. Whatever that may be.

And then, if they suit up for Kentucky... I pull for them as individuals as well as the team.

I can't find fault in anyone respectfully and honorably chasing their dreams.

I don't disagree that a parent should want the best for their kid, but for me personally if I had a child I also wouldn't feel great about them essentially using a school as a training camp before the draft with no intention of ever playing a single minute for them. If that was the deal from day one, at least be up front about it.

Does anyone really believe Diallo is going to be on anyones draft board in the first round? Didn't think so. Kid will be in Lexington next season.

Chill
Does anyone really believe that all these kids look for is a first round promise? Didn't think so. Kid very well may not be in Lexington next season.

I've heard Knox and his dad say that Cal has told them that he planned on using him like he did Monk this year, and Murray the year before. If people want to believe this means he's going to play the two then so be it, but to me it just means that Cal plans to have Knox on the perimeter.

Run him off picks, set him up for shots on a team that will need scoring.

Reactions: spotter34
I don't disagree that a parent should want the best for their kid, but for me personally if I had a child I also wouldn't feel great about them essentially using a school as a training camp before the draft with no intention of ever playing a single minute for them. If that was the deal from day one, at least be up front about it.
And none of us know the circumstances. Just a lot of speculation.
I, for one, would feel okay with my own son doing exactly what Diallo does.. whichever path he chooses (one year of school or jump now).

And none of us know the circumstances. Just a lot of speculation.
I, for one, would feel okay with my own son doing exactly what Diallo does.. whichever path he chooses (one year of school or jump now).

That's true, we don't know what the plan was (though they presented it to the fans like it was for him to sit out this season and prepare him to play at UK next season). And I would feel okay if it was my kid doing that, too, I would just want him to be up front with everyone about what was up and not let anyone get their hopes up that he would be around for next season.

Reactions: wromanp7
I know Diallo wants to help his mother who has worked so hard to get him to this point. That is a quality I like. I don't have any ideal to what he will do. I know Mark Smith will be off the table because he is announcing his choice and not visiting UK. Might draw a little more interest from Kevin Knox who is deciding very soon. Not anticipating Diallo's decision but look for Cal to go after Cam Johnson very hard now. I really want UK to get Mr Bamba. I think we will have a tremendous transition team and a very talented team as it stands now. Adding Bamba and Johnson would be great so Time will tell!

These guys aren't supposed to care about their mothers! They're supposed to care about the fans!

Everyone will have a deferent opinion about these kid's family. At least so far there hasn't been an embarrassment like Lonzo Ball's father. They are here to play and represent UK. However the ones that want to take care of their mothers are OK by me! Bluesnky it seems you respect this in your reply.

I know Diallo wants to help his mother who has worked so hard to get him to this point. That is a quality I like. I don't have any ideal to what he will do. I know Mark Smith will be off the table because he is announcing his choice and not visiting UK. Might draw a little more interest from Kevin Knox who is deciding very soon. Not anticipating Diallo's decision but look for Cal to go after Cam Johnson very hard now. I really want UK to get Mr Bamba. I think we will have a tremendous transition team and a very talented team as it stands now. Adding Bamba and Johnson would be great so Time will tell!

That is a huge factor, but I just don't think he will stay in unless he is a Top 15 pick. He will most likely be a lottery pick next season, so he would be losing a LOT of money if he stays in and doesn't go pretty high.

HD is projected to be picked #22 NEXT year. In what will be a down year.

This year's draft is loaded. HD would be doubtful to even get drafted, IMO.

He has always been expected to test the waters. All is going to plan. Knox would be Calipari's #1 priority right now if he thought HD was going to shock the world and go back on his word.

Nobody expects HD to do so. Expect Knox elsewhere next year.

Plus, Diallo would be a MUCH better player for Kentucky next season than Knox with his previous practices learning the system.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

ADVERTISEMENT