ADVERTISEMENT

Congress looking at regulatory body to oversee NIL

congress_politics_government_sucks_classic_round_sticker-rc7d69d981d9f43d592b14f1f8fb05f57_0ugmp_8byvr_630.jpg

This bill as it’s currently written isn’t going to change much in terms of collectives and pay for play.

It leaves enforcement of that up to the discretion of the Federal Trade Commission or the states’ Attorneys General.

That’s exactly how they designed the current federal law prohibiting agents from providing incentives to student athletes before they officially declared for a draft.

The net result is that the federal sports agent law has never really been enforced. I see no reason why this NIL law would be either.

Reactions: dl51344
“The nine most terrifying words in the English language…’I’m from the government, and I’m here to help’” - Ronald Reagan
Reagan did a lot of good things. But he shut down a lot of mental institutions. The homeless and street folks say HELLO. How did that workout!!

This bill as it’s currently written isn’t going to change much in terms of collectives and pay for play.

It leaves enforcement of that up to the discretion of the Federal Trade Commission or the states’ Attorneys General.

That’s exactly how they designed the current federal law prohibiting agents from providing incentives to student athletes before they officially declared for a draft.

The net result is that the federal sports agent law has never really been enforced. I see no reason why this NIL law would be either.
Reminds me of DeSantis passing laws in Florida recently preventing K-3rd grade teachers from talking to their students about sex and sexuality. Just enforce the laws preventing sexual abuse of a minor that are already in place.

It’s all just bureaucrats trying to add things to their resume.

They want the tax money.

They also are a bunch of old white dudes that can't stand the idea of 18 year old kids of color making 3x what they make as old white men.
What a racist thing to say. And not at all based in fact. Let’s review the facts shall we?

According to the 2022 census approximately 75.8% of the country is white. 13.6% are black. Hispanics and Latinos are 18.9%.

However, the 117th congress is the most racially diverse in US history. 23% of the voting members of the House are minorities which nearly lines up with the 2022 census perfectly since if 23% are minority than 77% would presumably be white. Again, I will reiterate that this lines up with our country’s demographics since 77% is only 1.2% greater than the 75.8% provided by the census.

So yes, while there are white law makers there also minority law makers. And the percentages of each mirror, almost perfectly, the percentage of each in the general population.

This post explains exactly why I don’t want congress involved. Worshippers or two greedy corrupt political parties who. Vote in complete morons i to office then just blame the other side to justify their own greed.

We complain about our congress but we vote for them. It’s like making dinner at home and saying “this food tastes like crap…I want to speak to the manager”.

Every institution is now so corrupt with greed that you cant unwind it. How about we have a governing body, call it the NCAA, who comes up with a legal framework to put parameters around NIL and transfers…oh because they are greedy and corrupt too…

So here is the dilemma…when you have greedy politicians in charge of everything, you will get laws and rules that they profit from…so no to congress…either crap party….and the NCAA.

Move to a self governance model and hope they at least care about the sport, and not only the money around the sport.

Oh and when Reagan said that….he was the leader of the federal government and had become a life long politician…..who started the trend of record debt and frivolous spending….ironic thing is…he was 100% right…

What a racist thing to say. And not at all based in fact. Let’s review the facts shall we?

According to the 2022 census approximately 75.8% of the country is white. 13.6% are black. Hispanics and Latinos are 18.9%.

However, the 117th congress is the most racially diverse in US history. 23% of the voting members of the House are minorities which nearly lines up with the 2022 census perfectly since if 23% are minority than 77% would presumably be white. Again, I will reiterate that this lines up with our country’s demographics since 77% is only 1.2% greater than the 75.8% provided by the census.

So yes, while there are white law makers there also minority law makers. And the percentages of each mirror, almost perfectly, the percentage of each in the general population.
Racist? It was a joke there, Sally. I hate politics and love to make up shit around politics.

However, let's face it, the good majority of these clowns are old white men, and they are racist.

Yeah AOC and the crew are white as hell….
There's a reason they are called "minority" - there are not enough of them in Congress to make a difference, especially with the power and numbers the old white men still carry.

There are minorities in state governments, but look at some of the blatantly racist things many of these places are able to pull off lately. Discrimination abounds right now in all forms of government - blue states and white states. Just because there's a smattering of minorities in Congress or government doesn't mean they have any sway. Government has been and for a very long time will remain a mostly white male entity, whether you want to admit it or not.

I got news for you, taxes are completely colorblind. They want your stuff. These players will be millionaires and they will suck them dry.
Well I did say that, pretty clearly, didn't I? I threw in the race thing because I knew it'd be great red meat for a handful of politically obsessed in here. Just look at the numbers of dudes already chiming in to defend the old white dudes in Congress...

Racist? It was a joke there, Sally. I hate politics and love to make up shit around politics.

However, let's face it, the good majority of these clowns are old white men, and they are racist.
Another racist post. If you’re going to accuse a group of people of being racist provide proof. As I pointed out, most of them are white but the demographics of congress now reflect nearly perfectly the demographics of the country. Do you want the congress to be even more diverse even though that wouldn’t accurately reflect the population?

My name isnt Sally btw. If you could refrain from ad hominems and stay on topic I’d appreciate it.

Last edited:
The DC Oligarchs are just looking for ways to take their cut. DC is now just a large money-laundering machine.

Reactions: EliteBlue
That’s what we need, congress to have their hands on young men and woman’s ability to make money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT