ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to The Gators:

Yuck, it's hard for me to see them win anything. Was really hoping LSU would win. Oh well, at least UL didn't win it all.

UK went 3-4 against two best in the country - pretty dang good. No problen with one of them winning it all.

Reactions: EliteBlue
It was bound to happen to Florida eventually. Florida had some weird losses in the middle of the year with being swept by Auburn and losing 2 of three at home to Tennessee, but they kind of just kept taking care of business when it mattered. Turned it around and didn't lose too many games to close out the year. Their pitching was outstanding with a bunch of good arms. They beat a very strong and hot LSU team, so their run was pretty impressive.

It was bound to happen to Florida eventually. Florida had some weird losses in the middle of the year with being swept by Auburn and losing 2 of three at home to Tennessee, but they kind of just kept taking care of business when it mattered. Turned it around and didn't lose too many games to close out the year. Their pitching was outstanding with a bunch of good arms. They beat a very strong and hot LSU team, so their run was pretty impressive.

^^^I agree.^^^

My problem with Florida isn't the team, but the "Gator Nation". They don't care about anything but football. The second most popular sport at Florida is spring football. When they showed the crowd at the CWS, you saw nothing but LSU fans. When the basketball team won the NC in 2006 & 2007, hardly anyone in the Gator Nation took notice. Just look at the Florida forums on rivals. No basketball forum, no baseball forum, just a football forum.

My problem with Florida isn't the team, but the "Gator Nation". They don't care about anything but football. The second most popular sport at Florida is spring football. When they showed the crowd at the CWS, you saw nothing but LSU fans. When the basketball team won the NC in 2006 & 2007, hardly anyone in the Gator Nation took notice. Just look at the Florida forums on rivals. No basketball forum, no baseball forum, just a football forum.
And they still think they are Alabama:football::football::scream::joy::joy::scream:

Lets be honest, theres a large portion of the Big Blue Nation who is the same way towards basketball. This board itself is a good example. There are only about 15-20 regular posters on here but the minute UK made the regional there were long last fans all of a sudden. I am glad however that fans took notice on the baseball team.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Lets be honest, theres a large portion of the Big Blue Nation who is the same way towards basketball. This board itself is a good example. There are only about 15-20 regular posters on here but the minute UK made the regional there were long last fans all of a sudden. I am glad however that fans took notice on the baseball team.
I disagree. Even when Florida makes it to the championship level in baseball or basketball, their fans are apathetic. Look at our football team. We have always supported them and when they got to low level bowls, our fans buy plenty of tickets. Baseball success is kind of new to the BBN, but I think we will support Coach Minge and the baseball Wildcats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT