ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Alabama

UNC's loss kept them from taking the outright lead in all time NCAAT wins. With Cal still here I am sure that it is another piece of legacy that he will piss down the drain.

Last edited:
Im a double hater. ***k him and UNC

Nate is doing good things at Alabama. Managed to make them a top SEC (and top nationally relevant) team at a football school. Not just any football school either. THE football school of all football schools. Their fans eat, breathe and sleep Alabama football just as much if not more than many UK basketball fans.

I mean yeah screw him but also…. come coach for UK? 🥹

Last edited:
Lots of folks here said he wasn’t good enough

They’re not being smart. I don’t mean that in a rude way either.

Whether it was this year or if it’s next year. Or even the following year… there is no “omg super slam dunk” home run hire. There is no Roy, Self, K or prime Izzo. Hurley maybe? But i don’t see him coming. Wright/ Stevens/ Donovan not happening whatsoever despite people still suggesting them.

I think once people realize we’re not going to reel in some savant of college basketball (that doesn’t exist right now) “because we’re UK” they’ll warm up to other coaches.

Nate is doing good things at Alabama. Managed to make them a top SEC (and top nationally relevant) team at a football school. Not just why football school either. THE football school or all football schools. Their fans eat, breath and sleep Alabama football just as much if not more than UK many basketball fans.

I mean yeah screw him but also…. come coach for UK? 🥹
He'd be a PR nightmare. Can you imagine what happened down their last year happening here? it would've been a media circus and a half. Hell, it was insane condemnation as it was.....now add that to the spotlight at UK. NCAA would've have been on campus to find SOMETHING just to teach us a lesson.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Good win for SEC!

But, Ala player ran baseline after calling timeout. He hopped twice to his right before inbounds pass. I think that was supposed to be a violation!

Someone help me out with the rule. There was a made basket. Ala ran the 5 players out of bounds. They had to call a timeout. Then the inbounds player hopped twice to his right before inbounding the ball after the timeout.
If you call a timeout prior to inbounding the ball, you can still run the baseline. UNC didn't argue or contest it at all because they knew the rule.

I love how Alabama schedules in the non conference. Aside from having to play Tennessee at least twice a year in conference, Bama played Clemson, Creighton, Arizona, and Purdue in the Non Conference. When you play 5/16's of the Sweet 16 it helps. Ironically they didn't win a single game against anyone in the Sweet 16 until tonight--but they didn't dumb things down despite the loss of talent from last year's roster. Oats plays tough games in Nov/December and away from home too--believe the only home game was Clemson that he lost earlier this year of the non conference games.

He also had a horrible defensive team and instead of chalking it up and coddling them with excuses--and injury excuses (he was missing a starter and key player in Wrightsell tonight) he challenged them and called it out. Again guy is still going in his 5th season and is responsible for 30% of the school's Sweet 16 appearances and now 50% of their Elite 8 appearances all time. Throw in the 4 combined SEC Regular/Conference Tournament titles and just don't get why people think he's a gimmick coach. 4 of the Staff members in the past 2 yrs have HC jobs in CBB too. But hey-I'm sure everyone will be beating the walls down to get Bruiser, Chin, O, and Chuck.

Now that window has passed, hoping Cal leaves in time to try and get Todd Golden window when he starts growing as a HC.

I love how Alabama schedules in the non conference. Aside from having to play Tennessee at least twice a year in conference, Bama played Clemson, Creighton, Arizona, and Purdue in the Non Conference. When you play 5/16's of the Sweet 16 it helps. Ironically they didn't win a single game against anyone in the Sweet 16 until tonight--but they didn't dumb things down despite the loss of talent from last year's roster. Oats plays tough games in Nov/December and away from home too--believe the only home game was Clemson that he lost earlier this year

Alabama played in a pre- conference tournament. tOSU and Oregon

As did Connecticut ( Indiana and Texas)

Illinois and Clemson played real road games before the conference. No tourneys though. Hey but Stonehill was tough.

Alabama played in a pre- conference tournament. tOSU and Oregon

As did Connecticut ( Indiana and Texas)

Illinois and Clemson played real road games before the conference. No tourneys though. Hey but Stonehill was tough.
We played Kansas, unc, Miami, and Gonzaga in the ooc. We won two of the toughest road games in the country at Tenn and Auburn. Our schedule was fine.

The team just wasn’t tough and pissed down its leg in the post season.

Reactions: SDcatfan13
Bama's offense is fun to watch. The ball doesn't stick in anyone's hands for longer than a second.

We played Kansas, unc, Miami, and Gonzaga in the ooc. We won two of the toughest road games in the country at Tenn and Auburn. Our schedule was fine.

The team just wasn’t tough and pissed down its leg in the post season.
I love how some of you keep blaming only the players.

That team was not in any way prepared to play that game.

Terrible game plan on how to attack a zone defense. Shocker!

Zero defensive adjustments during the game. Shocker!

Zero out of bounds plays. Shocker!
Terrible starting lineup. Shocker!
I could go on and on.

None of those things are "players pissing down their leg".
This was just another meaningful game where the overpaid, washed-up, narcissistic coach, $hit his own pants.........AGAIN!!

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Alabama had a couple dawgs, Namely Nelson and Griffen, who showed up huge. I’m indifferent about Oats at this point. He had some guys who willed their way to that win.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I love how some of you keep blaming only the players.

That team was not in any way prepared to play that game.

Terrible game plan on how to attack a zone defense. Shocker!

Zero defensive adjustments during the game. Shocker!

Zero out of bounds plays. Shocker!
Terrible starting lineup. Shocker!
I could go on and on.

None of those things are "players pissing down their leg".
This was just another meaningful game where the overpaid, washed-up, narcissistic coach, $hit his own pants.........AGAIN!!
They pissed down their leg dude. Coaching staff, players, all of them. I did not differentiate and you read into it what you wanted to.

The squad was soft. These are just facts. Do you refute that?

Fun fact: combined salary of Alabama football & basketball coaches : $16,250,000 (a total of $16,950,000 with Saban this year)

Combined salary of Kentucky football & basketball coaches : $17,900,000
Mitch Barnhart sucks as a negotiator and is a complete milquetoast bed-wetter.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT