ADVERTISEMENT

Complain to the Athletic Department

According to KSR yesterday, the administration had no idea the fans were upset. They said while we, the fans, were looking at the 2024 season as a "last chance" for Cal, they were not. The administration was surprised at the vitriol and national media attention after the loss.
There is no way that’s true! If they didn’t know the fans were gonna be pissed after that display of how not to win, they should not be in a position of authority!

Reactions: blubo
WE THE BLUE and WHITE, GOD-FEARING CITIZENS OF BIG BLUE NATION...wish to express our extreme displeasure with your choice of coach. Please remove him immediately! The fact that you have retained him here just goes to prove that you are the leading a**hole in the state!

This was my letter.
Beautiful

Harumpffff!!!

My $.02 worth just sent this to the athletic department. I am retiring for a spell from this forum to recharge my batteries. Enjoy most of the commentary here, except from those that vehemently disagree and, as little children, resort to name calling as they cannot communicate very well in writing. Can’t wait till next season!!

In the corporate world, that I was a part of for 36 years, results are measured and compared to the goals. Shortfalls are given time to be corrected and, if not, changes are made. Does the administration do such an evaluation? If so, you cannot possibly believe that the past 5 seasons, really since the end of the 2015 season, have met the goals for our basketball program. I state “our” because since 1969 as a 10 year old falling in love with UK basketball and Coach Rupp. No, I am not a donor but attended the SEC tournaments for years until COW stated this tournament was not important (I imagine the tournament officials loved that proclamation). I acknowledge his spectacular successes until 2015, but the failures since have even been more spectacular. Bill Bellichek and Bobby Bowden had similar downward trajectories near the end of their careers and stepped aside as they began to accept their days had passed.

All blame for this ongoing train wreck falls upon the shoulders of the athletic department and the administration. You have allowed and accepted that Kalipairie can do whatever he wants.
Some examples:
1. The greatest night in UK basketball history - COW speaking not at the conclusion of the 2012 championship game. — No!!! About the NBA draft in 2013, I believe. Did anyone the next morning pull him aside for a friendly chat?
2. I don’t coach to win, but to end generational poverty. Is that a stipulation in his coaching contract? Does he provide financial assistance to the 10+ players who will not even sniff the NBA but will have to use their UK degree to work for a living? Again, did anyone in the AD ask him to explain?
3. Skipping or cutting short post game press conferences when he loses and talking ad nauseum when he wins. Hello - any pushback to your employee? The athletic department must cringe every time he opens his mouth especially when on a national stage. He is a textbook narcissist!

I could go on and on but to what benefit. You folks are not going to read this and could care less. The patient is running the asylum! You have cuddled and created a monster who is stealing the university blind. You cannot get rid of him as he owns you. COW may not be able to verbally put a sentence together or have a coherent thought, but his IQ far exceeds some employed in the athletic department. There are surely some intelligent people working there (my apologies) but obviously none of them are making the decisions, or should I state, non-decisions

I will continue to watch and support the kids despite my loathing of the current coach but will not buy merchandise or attend games any more until somebody wakes up and realizes what a dumpster fire this man has made of our gloried tradition and YOU, not COW, are to blame. Can’t wait until next season!!!
yep saying COW... puts more umph into it. lol

Are you an attorney?
All these contracts are publicly available online. I’ve read them. They all contain very black and white definitions of what for cause would be.

Unless Mitch has already been warned in writing within the past 30 days that his performance is so bad he’s basically on probation he’s not getting fired for cause because of Cal. Seeing as he was basically given carte blanche to handle this how he saw fit I highly doubt that’s the case.

I emailed him. I framed it like this. Barney pretends to be this morales principled person but he has sold the soul of athletics for $$$$$$$. UK bb belongs to the state not the university. The revenue in rupp for instance most a vast majority never went to UK. It’s about much more. It’s a distraction it’s common ground for dads and kids etc etc. Barney is a phony. To allow money to kill uk bb is immoral greed. I said since he’s already bowed to the dollar swallow deep fire cal and hire pitino, the buyout will fix itself and pitino will fix the program. Uk fans don’t want a humanitarian as coach we need someone who can coach and win. Now that Barney has show he is no more principled than Rick fire cal swallow the 6 million and hire pitino. It really is that simple.
I’ve read some good letters to the AD from this board

This isn’t one of them.

To Whom it may concern.

Not sure if this should go to Mitch or Cal.

I have been around and a UK fan since the mid 60's. That was towards the end of Rupp. I remember Rupp in a recliner courtside. I watched the Hall years. He did about as good as a person could replacing a legend like Rupp (which hung around about 10 too many years). Then we had to watch the program muddle through the Sutton years. We got to watch a program bee way too much for a man to handle. Then we got Rick, and he turned things around, and he actually left when he was on top and then imploded (should have stayed another 10 years or so). Tubby followed and did good but could not get the talent here he needed to stay on top. BCG was the start of the end of KENTUCKY basketball. What a joke of a hire and a person that could not handle the pressure (cannot learn from the past, maybe look to the past to move forward).

Then we get Cal. I hated the hire from Day 1. The biggest alarm for an employer would be the fact that his or her employee would rub your nose in the fact that I am not here for you or to work for you. Pay me but I am going to make this about freshman (one and done) players. Then after a few years he gets lucky enough to get some really good players back and has a generational player like Davis. Then Cal went from a swollen head to thinking he was Caesar and owned this state. How can you give an idiot a lifetime contract that openly rubs your nose in the fact that he is not here for KENTUCKY. On many occasions Cal has stated he will not change (recently 3 times since the loss last Thursday). Then you 2 get on TV and think you can talk about a bunch of nothing and stop the fans from revolting.

I have gone from watching every game, taping every game and having people call me to get a game they missed (back in the day) to now someone that does not even watch live games himself. I lived in Rupp for years. Went to as many games as I could. I have only been to 1 game since Cal became the coach. I will not go to a game, watch a game, watch replay of a game till the Moon PA moron is gone. This year I watched some of the better games online replay. Sad. I always watch the SEC tourney and NCAA tourney and have been to final fours and such. I will not go to one event or watch again due to the inept management of the basketball program. History means nothing (NOTHING) to the leadership of the program.

Thank you much for turning me away from something I watched and followed year around. Your interview was pathetic. Fiddle while the state of KENTUCKY burns. You deserve to go down with the ship.

Just sent this in.

Our AD doesn't give a crap what any of us think. He'll never read the first letter and the amount
of vitriol will never be told to him because he won't ask since he doesn't care.

Reactions: K86
All these contracts are publicly available online. I’ve read them. They all contain very black and white definitions of what for cause would be.

Unless Mitch has already been warned in writing within the past 30 days that his performance is so bad he’s basically on probation he’s not getting fired for cause because of Cal. Seeing as he was basically given carte blanche to handle this how he saw fit I highly doubt that’s the case.
I was actually talking about firing Cal, for cause. Moot point for now as the carpetbagger won't be gone for now. Rocky road ahead. It's just a shame when you think of what Cal "could have" done here with the wealth of resources. It's just sad and both Barnhart and Cal both are to blame and we find ourselves looking to "them" for answers. UK Athletics is a cluster.

As long as the money keeps rolling in they don’t care. The diehard Cal fans don’t care if we lose ball games. It’s always someone else’s fault. I mean you got @MdWIldcat55 comparing Cal to coach K. He’s that out of touch with reality and theirs others on here just like him. @Sejonesy @JFCats22, they believe he’s the best coach of all time.

They will not stop attending games ... until they do. BBN is pissed and that's a shitload of people that aren't happy about the pillaging of something they consider precious to them being ruined by a bunch of carpetbaggers guilty of theft being committed in plain sight. It's not their program ... it's ours. Cal's opened Pandora's box and Mitch has lost the lid.
It's not their program it's ours. WTH does that even mean LOL Take ya nitro pill and calm down...

I hope that email address gets hit a million times.

maybe then they will understand what a clusterf%^&* they have on their hands. this is ridiculous, 30 million buyout or not. they got into this situation, they can get out, they just don't WANT out.

But what do I know, Ive already checked out, as many of us have out here, very sad indeed.

Maybe if you weren't so preoccupied with "trying" to tell others what to do, you might be able to grow some discernment and figure it out yourself. It's not my job to do yours.
I wasn't asking you to do my job, I pointing out how dumb your comment was. But please calm down, we don't want your old heart to give out LOL

I wasn't asking you to do my job, I pointing out how dumb your comment was. But please calm down, we don't want your old heart to give out LOL
... and the self-incriminating evidence just continues to pile up while you claim others to be dumb. That's a laugh now isn't it ... Cal-4-Three. You seem to be suffering from a bad case of Californication. Not a good look.

This board proves time and time again they don't know how employment contracts work.

Yep. Unless there’s a provision in the contract that mentions a certain amount of wins per year, postseason wins, conference titles, etc., you can’t fire someone for “cause” for not living up to a standard that isn’t specifically spelled out in the contract.

Lastly, no coach would sign a contract with such stipulations because sports are random and bad seasons can happen for a variety of factors. This is not a defense of Cal. Just speaking on contracts in general.

He hasn't done anything to be fired for just cause, though.
It's just cause I hate him.

29ed90c785645a28a125128a92029214.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MidseasonTweak
According to KSR yesterday, the administration had no idea the fans were upset. They said while we, the fans, were looking at the 2024 season as a "last chance" for Cal, they were not. The administration was surprised at the vitriol and national media attention after the loss.
If that's true the administration department needs cleaned out top to bottom!

Reactions: bigbluedon
'I winz the argument cuz your old.'
Clearly a student of generation Z schools of debate, critical thinking, and assorted participation awards.
Exactly. Younger generation, too often, try living a life of entitlement, always trying to look down their noses and "LOL". It's actually a sad condition on one hand but I find I have little patience for it. I had to grow up fast when I was younger and make my way. You do that from a place of respect for others. If you expect respect, it also must be offered. I really don't think many younger folks truly understand how bad they are representing themselves trying to live that life.

Dude, you have no idea what that contracts says and unless you’re an attorney, you’re as clueless as the next guy.
This is a pretty black and white issue. Go read the contracts. I've read Cal's a few times and it very clearly spells out what for cause means and it's not losing on the basketball court or putting players' NBA aspirations first or whatever else you don't like about Cal. You can use the "you're not a lawyer" excuse all your want, but he's not getting fired for cause unless something went on behind the scenes we're not aware of that meets any of the definitions below.

Screenshot-2024-03-28-at-12-11-42-PM.png

This is a pretty black and white issue. Go read the contracts. I've read Cal's a few times and it very clearly spells out what for cause means and it's not losing on the basketball court or putting players' NBA aspirations first or whatever else you don't like about Cal. You can use the "you're not a lawyer" excuse all your want, but he's not getting fired for cause unless something went on behind the scenes we're not aware of that meets any of the definitions below.

Screenshot-2024-03-28-at-12-11-42-PM.png
Dude, it would go to court. You’re not qualified to say what would or wouldn’t work it court. Be smart enough to say sometimes you’re stupid. When it comes to contact law, I’m stupid and so are you.

Dude, it would go to court. You’re not qualified to say what would or wouldn’t work it court. Be smart enough to say sometimes you’re stupid. When it comes to contact law, I’m stupid and so are you.
It would go to court and they'd rule in Cal's favor in five seconds.

Reactions: Emarc
... and the self-incriminating evidence just continues to pile up while you claim others to be dumb. That's a laugh now isn't it ... Cal-4-Three. You seem to be suffering from a bad case of Californication. Not a good look.
LOL That's the best you could come up with? Isn't it past your nap time old timer?

I would say that after the meetings and since Mitch's email was taken down, any letters to the athletic department are useless and will be shredded when they arrive.

'I winz the argument cuz your old.'
Clearly a student of generation Z schools of debate, critical thinking, and assorted participation awards.
One of the best software features on this board is the "ignore" feature. Some of these posters like "Cal-4-Me", can be put in their own time-out corner with the other rude pinheads. They can all say what they want, but I don't have to read it when I can just ignore it. Certainly nothing lost. Win-Win.

Hardly a senior. Just intelligent enough to abstain from running my mouth to people with more life experience, and the self awareness to understand we are all getting older. Then there's well you.
LOL ... I see "Cal-4-We" is still running his mouth. I wonder if his molars have come in yet? I'm actually enjoying ignoring the little feller knowing he still thinks someone's listening, much less interested.

Why they don't listen the media sees a train wreck and they want criticize fearing uks administration's wrath this program has been sabotaged by a snake oil salesman

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Why they don't listen the media sees a train wreck and they want criticize fearing uks administration's wrath this program has been sabotaged by a snake oil salesman
Well ... regardless of the damage to the Program, at least we can take solace in knowing that Mitch and Cal sacrificed the Program ... for Cal's "players" ... his "kids".

Reactions: bigbluedon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT