ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on Sea of Blue about Reeves

Every national title team, including our 2012 team, has had experienced veteran players in its rotation. UK can't win with only freshmen next year. We need at least three veterans who can dig us out of the trench when the cars slides off the road. If we lose Reeves, Oscar, and Livingston, we're probably winning 20 to 22 games again next year.
Agreed. But every title team has guys who had been in the program for 3-4 years, not just guys who come in from other programs and play. Those guys aren’t much better than the Freshmen, really.

But we.do need some experience.

We need balance. We need 3-4 stud Freshmen, 3-4 returnees (guys who actually played), and fill in the blanks with transfers.

Many wrote here how only a lowlife and a little B$&#H would try to play "God" and tamper with someone in real life that posts here. Yet Pillow Phight did it, was reported and luckily for him the moderators deleted it. That's not baiting, that's reporting a despicable act. So wouldn't that make Phight AKA grom a "little b*t#H" by his own definition.???????

Plus he had the wrong guy so the poor guy he posted the name and facebook page of (and his easy-to-locate-where-he-works job title) is subject to internet sicko's messing with him. That's beyond sick and insane. Woody and a few others excuse it and wonder why I have no respect for them? Too funny. Someone with no integrity wondering why someone doesn't respect them.....LOL!

I just wonder if Phigt know's how obvious it is that he's Grom ?
I thought I was on ignore Baller Karen...nope...living rent free... [roll]

10hG.gif

I just don’t think 18 year olds can compete with 4,5 and 6 year seniors and grad students . Too great an advantage to overcome .
I should have put something else there to make sure everyone knew that my post was lathered in sarcasm.

We agree with each other.

Phight boy made it way too obvious when he went months without a single post and then appeared in full force less than 24 hours after Grom was kicked out. Guy’s entire waking hours are spent here. Welp, go Cats
Honest question….Didnt you change your name a time or two?

Phight boy made it way too obvious when he went months without a single post and then appeared in full force less than 24 hours after Grom was kicked out. Guy’s entire waking hours are spent here. Welp, go Cats!
Simple math says:

Catphight: 2,400 messages per year since 2008
Jload: 2,900 messages per year since 2022

Who spends all their time here??

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

People are shocked a Sr is trying every avenue to go pro? He already went to the combine tryouts but didn't make the cut. Why wouldn't he continue to explore options?

If you're looking at it from his angle, he isn't getting younger and his limitations are mostly physical. So it's just a matter of where he will make the most money
They think guys are desperate to give up on their dreams to entertain people who care nothing about them besides their ability to play basketball who shit on them every time they don’t meet their expectations.

Phight boy made it way too obvious when he went months without a single post and then appeared in full force less than 24 hours after Grom was kicked out. Guy’s entire waking hours are spent here. Welp, go Cats!
Poor little Kelly, Baller Cal, CardsStink, Dubya C Dubya, Calsthebomb, etc, etc...

Yours is a loathsome, lonesome journey of sockhood - embrace it Baller Karen, it is your destiny...

Here's an avatard for your next account...

t3kD5rC.png

Agreed. But every title team has guys who had been in the program for 3-4 years, not just guys who come in from other programs and play. Those guys aren’t much better than the Freshmen, really.

But we.do need some experience.

We need balance. We need 3-4 stud Freshmen, 3-4 returnees (guys who actually played), and fill in the blanks with transfers.
I agree with you on the value and need for good retuning players. Ideally I would want a couple of those in every starting lineup at UK.

Where you and I disagree is the value you place on OAD freshmen and the rankings made by recruiting services which have explicitly stated they are ranking players based of future potential (and more specifically where they are likely projected in the following years NBA draft), not their expected college production or how good the freshmen will be in their freshman year of college. Guys like Whitney a few years ago are a glaring example of this, and frankly I think Bradshaw is another lesser extreme example. Now, I’m not saying my opinion is right and yours is wrong, I’m just saying I can tell our opinions on this point are basically exactly opposite, and I’m just discussing why I think the way I do – and because you’re a good poster who can discuss stuff without getting all defensive or hostile.

As a general rule (and exceptions don’t disprove a rule) I believe: (1) upperclassmen are the best players in college at basically every position; and (2) freshmen can’t shoot (which is logical if you think about it) and a certain degree of reliable perimeter shooting is a necessity with the advent of the 3-point shot for multiple reasons. Neither draft position (projected or actual) or what a player eventually becomes in the NBA when they are older and have better developed their skills has any bearing on a player’s impact on winning in his freshman year of college.

My roster building blueprint would be closer to 2-4 top transfers; 3-4 returning players; 4-5 freshmen (no more than 2 being of the expected OAD variety).

The transfer portal is a different thing than the transfer situations in the past. Now some of the best players in college are entering the transfer portal due to NIL and the free pass. I think the transfer portal in its current iteration does produce players that have a bigger impact on winning than freshmen, including 5-star freshman. So, by the way I define best players (i.e., those who have the biggest impact on UK winning games), the best players are in the transfer portal – and it’s not that close.

Calipari has not given the transfer portal a fair attempt. Calipari was/is opposed to the transfer portal. Most of his transfers have been graduate transfers which he didn’t have the same objection to. So, I think you’re wrong to look at Calipari’s transfer recruitment and say transfers won’t work so UK should go back to turning over the roster every year with OADs. Other teams are able to build contenders in one offseason with the new transfer portal. And I would be willing to bet that a starting five built from the best players in the transfer portal would handily beat a starting five built from the incoming freshmen ranks in a college basketball game (maybe the result would be different in a pick-up game, I don’t know).

Simple math says:

Catphight: 2,400 messages per year since 2008
Jload: 2,900 messages per year since 2022

Who spends all their time here??

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I’m telling you, after all the things he’s done on this site , the accounts he’s made, just the numbers you posted right here shows the guy is a dang psycho

Dooks returning first rounders and Jrs/Srs and we can't return a guy who shot us out of the Tourney.🤡

Duke has a young and hungry coach. We have an old and busted coach.

Calipari isn't any different than Wright or K (minus multiple titles) in that he isnt equipped for this new era of college basketball. If cal was 10 to 15 years younger I think he would do well but damn, dude is just going through the motions at this point.

Our current 7 man roster better be the best conditioned team in the country next year.
They will be until the injuries from no rest start.
I'm starting to think Cal dreams of a roster this small, just because he's too lazy to coach up a full bench. And it makes his line-up combination that he struggles with much easier when there's only 7 players.

Duke has a young and hungry coach. We have an old and busted coach.

Calipari isn't any different than Wright or K (minus multiple titles) in that he isnt equipped for this new era of college basketball. If cal was 10 to 15 years younger I think he would do well but damn, dude is just going through the motions at this point.
I think Cal gravitated toward a brand of basketball that would most protect the draft stock of his guys. If those guys are afraid of being exposed he just hides them. His focus is on June.

I think Cal gravitated toward a brand of basketball that would most protect the draft stock of his guys. If those guys are afraid of being exposed he just hides them. His focus is on June.

Don't think that is a new philosophy of his. Difference is from 2009 to 2015 dude killed it here. A couple balls bounce another way and he makes a final four in 17 and 19 as well. It's like he died after the Wisconsin loss and we haven't been able to win a super big game since ( elite 8 or further game).

Ok,don't blame Reeves for wanting to go G league if that's what he wants BUT Olivier Nkamhoua and Tyrin Lawrence are still in the portal so put on the full court press and make contact.We need players,hell fire.
Aziz Bandaogo is also still in the portal.
Bandaogo is the one I would to see at uk since I first saw some highlights. Much better than ugo, but again ccc must have promised a starting spot to get him to come back.
If Reeves is trying every way possible to avoid returning to uk then ccc should help him out.....recruit someone to take his place. Then if he wants to return after getting a replacement, tell him, sorry no spot for you. But ccc doesn't have the guts to do what should be done.

I don’t know the answer either. But, for example, while TN is waiting on James to decide whether to come back, they sign two of the top SFs in the portal? All three are 6’6” and 200-225 lbs. and good rebounders. Indications are 2 of the 3 will start at the forward spots (James, supposedly a 2G/SF, has played PF and Ledlum will too).

Isn’t that what a team should do? Try to get the best players you can and let the competition determine who starts, plays where, etc.? It does not appear to me that UK is really doing that. How does TN convince Knecht and Ledlum to both come to TN, especially with James still perhaps coming back? If a program like TN can do it, surely a much more prominent program like UK can do it.

I don’t think gifting unproven players starting positions (if that is what is happening) is the best way to build a cohesive and competitive team? Coaches are good at selling players on the fact that starting/playing time is in their hands and it’s anticipated they will play if they work hard enough. If TN can do that I know UK can.
UT did just what should have been done. They didn't wait around hoping someone would come back.

Reeves KNOWS that Cal will place him on the back burner and only use him when ABSOLUTELY necessary. Reeves also KNOWS that Cal will treat him a WHOLE LOT different than the Freshmen guards next season. He will be expected to knock down 3's as soon as he enters the game and if he doesn't, back to the bench he will go.

Reeves KNOWS that next season his role will be diminished on top of having even MORE pressure to perform in a SHORTER amount of playing time. That's why he is REALLY considering going to the G-League.

However, looking at his 3 pt shooting since the Arky game, something has effected his shot. He has STRUGGLED to make them. Can he get it back at UK??? Maybe he thinks he could get it back EASIER as a pro, without Cal CONSTANTLY yelling at him.
Since you seem to know everything, Reeves is thinking, is he coming back?

He'll probably leave us in about the same shape the drunkard (Sutton) did on his way out...

BTW, who trusts brainfart to make the hire?

5Q8Vob0.png
I DO NOT want Barnhart making the next hire. Anyone who hire's Billy Gillispie is disqualified, same with Coach in waiting disaster with Joker. Those both were epic failures. Barnhart needs to convene a selection committee made up of past UK BB players with NBA experience or insights to come up with a viable list of candidates. We don't want some has-been coach with name recognition. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT