ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Cowherd

Disagree 1000% and I know I'm probably in the minority here.. but I think he's one of the best.

Oh no, he briefly forgot Dwayne Haskins died during his 5-days a week 3-hour long shows that he hosts, basically by himself. FAR COWHERD!

Give me his bigger picture takes over the 50th ESPN guy who can recite Haskin's college stats while providing little else.

He’s a blowhard. Only thing more annoying than him is him and Stephen A arguing over stupid shit. I’ll never understand why people like these kind of media figures.

He's really not.. or maybe he's since calmed down from when he was younger? IDK. Hes no where near as loud and obnoxious as SAS is. I like how Colin isn't just some stats guy. He can look at sports from a lot of different angles than joe-athlete-turned-analyst could.

Like, he had a take the other day that I thought was pretty great:

Brett Favre's personality was made for small town USA/Greenbay Wisconsin. Arron Rodgers, really just tolerated it. And it turns out that Aaron might actually not only be an OK fit for the NYC market, but he might actually be a GREAT fit for the NYC market.. something I dont think anyone saw coming.

I just find discussions like that unique in the sports talk shows.

Disagree 1000% and I know I'm probably in the minority here.. but I think he's one of the best.

Oh no, he briefly forgot Dwayne Haskins died during his 5-days a week 3-hour long shows that he hosts, basically by himself. FAR COWHERD!

Give me his bigger picture takes over the 50th ESPN guy who can recite Haskin's college stats while providing little else.
He also said the angels should trade ohtani for 5 first round picks which isn’t a thing in mlb that’s even possible.

He’s like a lot of these guys now - talk about NY/LA/cowboys sports to drive ratings then take hot takes in the moment as you see fit.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
He also said the angels should trade ohtani for 5 first round picks which isn’t a thing in mlb that’s even possible.

He’s like a lot of these guys now - talk about NY/LA/cowboys sports to drive ratings then take hot takes in the moment as you see fit.

I did catch that one too. It's obviously not a good look. But again, he does his show for 3 hours a day and it's largely just him talking.. There's gonna be mistakes. That format seems very difficult, as he's basically just talking to the camera the entire time.. where as most other sports shows, it's a round table.

My other thought here is "why DO we like, then?" Hard for me to come up with really any names of sport show hosts that I like. Nick Wright's troll levels are actually causing me to low-ley like him. I always like Greeny.. But I also know that people hate these two as well.

Matt Jones, easily.
Hey you touching loser, you’ve made your point and you know Jones couldn’t care less right? Sorry he’s more successful and wealthy than you’re lame ass will ever be. God, you’re a dork man.

I like the Herd, he’s way better than anything ESPN has for the most part.

Cowherd has always been terrible. Just like SAS, skip Bayless, and Shannon Sharpe.

Reactions: chroix
I did catch that one too. It's obviously not a good look. But again, he does his show for 3 hours a day and it's largely just him talking.. There's gonna be mistakes. That format seems very difficult, as he's basically just talking to the camera the entire time.. where as most other sports shows, it's a round table.

My other thought here is "why DO we like, then?" Hard for me to come up with really any names of sport show hosts that I like. Nick Wright's troll levels are actually causing me to low-ley like him. I always like Greeny.. But I also know that people hate these two as well.
Ya years ago I couldn’t stand nick wright but he’s growing on me a bit too - I respect him b/c even tho he does troll quite a bit when he speaks he does have stuff to back it up

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Ya years ago I couldn’t stand nick wright but he’s growing on me a bit too - I respect him b/c even tho he does troll quite a bit when he speaks he does have stuff to back it up

He's the biggest troll out there and it's not even close hahah. He's almost taking on the "heel" type roll and I think that works for him. I also love that he hates Tom Brady/Patriots and the Golden State Warriors.. who are also the two teams I probably hate the most in pro sports.

Hey you touching loser, you’ve made your point and you know Jones couldn’t care less right? Sorry he’s more successful and wealthy than you’re lame ass will ever be. God, you’re a dork man.

I like the Herd, he’s way better than anything ESPN has for the most part.
I think we found Matt’s boy toy. I mean has anybody ever seen him with a woman other than his mother? Yea me neither.

I find Cowherd to be better after moving to FS1 than he was at ESPN. He’s still a blowhard, but the contrarian for contrarian sake hot takes have slowed down a bit.

Reactions: roguemocha
One of the first people that realized it was way more profitable to be controversial than right. Talentless sack of sh1t that helped spawn an entire plethora of copycat trolls, many of which unfortunately also trolled their way to the bank

Why do you hate Matt Jones?
Politics. These fools can’t get passed his politics for two hours five days a week to enjoy KY sports talk 🤦‍♂️. I don’t agree with him mostly on plenty of it but I can also separate my life from politics. Actually, I completely separate my life from politics. Being 110% on politics is a waste of most everyone’s life.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
I don't get the uproar over this. It was a mistake, not a joke. It was among many names on a list. If he had singled out Haskins and said "Well, I'll tell you one QB who isn't winning a Super Bowl"or that someone " has as much a chance of winning a SB as Dwayne Haskins " then maybe you'd have a point and even then I would say it's in bad taste but it's a joke and get over it.

I don't get the uproar over this. It was a mistake, not a joke. It was among many names on a list. If he had singled out Haskins and said "Well, I'll tell you one QB who isn't winning a Super Bowl"or that someone " has as much a chance of winning a SB as Dwayne Haskins " then maybe you'd have a point and even then I would say it's in bad taste but it's a joke and get over it.
All this considered he’s been on national tv/radio for 20 years now and does the one hour fox pregame before the terry/howie pregame so ya he should have skipped over him or maybe he’s just going thru the motions and he doesn’t care.

All this considered he’s been on national tv/radio for 20 years now and does the one hour fox pregame before the terry/howie pregame so ya he should have skipped over him or maybe he’s just going thru the motions and he doesn’t care.
I don’t think you understand that mistakes are always going to be made when you’re doing live anything, especially for years and years. Any podcaster or radio or TV guy will tell you this.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
If you misspeak, do you issue an apology or just assume the only people making a mountain out of a mole hill are dullards that thrive off canceling people and fake outrage?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT