ADVERTISEMENT

Coleman Hawkins to get 2 million from Kansas State

I don’t think it’s about a return on investment. It’s boosters that find self worth being involved with the college program that they are a fanatic of. They don’t have enough money to own a pro team, so this is the next best thing. It’s fascinating to me.
Yeah it’s kinda like a select group of people who couldn’t own a pro team but are like the GM of their favorite college team now.

People want to bitch about corporate profits and then support these functionally illiterate athletes receiving millions of dollars on the backs of actual hard working students going in debt for the rest of their lives. America, you have a problem. I can't support this knowing these adult children have only developed the skill of putting a ball in a hoop and once they leave school will do next to nothing in the way of contributing true value to the GDP, especially during times of high economic competition like today.

They did initially but don’t think they wanted to pay that for him. Decided to take Brazile instead after meeting with him eased some concerns they had.
I didn't think money was no issue for them. They shoulda paid the man. They'll jus be sick in Ark after he hits the 400 pt club this yr at KSt. 😭 Prob could give him a stake n the chicken nuggy factory. It'd paid for itself.

People want to bitch about corporate profits and then support these functionally illiterate athletes receiving millions of dollars on the backs of actual hard working students going in debt for the rest of their lives. America, you have a problem. I can't support this knowing these adult children have only developed the skill of putting a ball in a hoop and once they leave school will do next to nothing in the way of contributing true value to the GDP, especially during times of high economic competition like today.
Those hard working students who don't play sports aren't making Universities money though. I get it. It is a bit ridiculous but these players deserve something.

Exactly, 2 million to dribble a ball. That’s just insane.
I guess we can reorganize to make sure that from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Folks are too funny! You catch about everyone both coming and going anymore.

People are always jawjacking about their "principles", talking about their "values", and going on about their supposed isms but I don't think many actually have any of note and they really just serve as excuses for whatever they want in a given moment.

he was widely considered the best PF available coming back to college. The kid can ball. Look at his numbers, not just the PPg. Shannon was always option # 1 and 1A.

12 pts. / 6 rebounds / 3 assist / 1.5 steals / 1.1 blocks per game. Shooting 53% from 2FG's and 37% from 3FG's. he is very valuable and K-State WILL make the tournament next year, for the one poster saying they would not.

I saw some writer talk about how K-State had loaded up and listed the newcomers and Ugo. Unless Ugo (and I hope the best for him ... BUT) learns to catch the ball and make moves, he is worthless.

Hawkins is good, but he isn't $2 million good.

At that valuation ... if Reed had come back he would have been worth $10 million to someone.

Apparently they have reviews agreements for both him and Osobor and said K State has one of the largest NIL chests available to spend. Don’t know how or why but this just isn’t hearsay. Whether it gets paid is another thing but apparently there are agreements on paper so maybe it is a contract somehow.
Total unadulterated fiction. K-State doesn’t even have one of the largest NIL chests in its own state…

Last edited:
Well if they paid that dude 2 million it seems they have something. It was in the article so you would have to check those sources. Not like we know one way or the other.
It was CBS sports so they should have someone they would call a "credible source" in their eyes, but as you said, we don't know one way or the other.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's now seeing how this can continue. In a few years it's going to be utter chaos.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t think it’s about a return on investment. It’s boosters that find self worth being involved with the college program that they are a fanatic of. They don’t have enough money to own a pro team, so this is the next best thing. It’s fascinating to me.

This is correct. They can rub elbows with future NBA and NFL stars while they're still in college.

It was CBS sports so they should have someone they would call a "credible source" in their eyes, but as you said, we don't know one way or the other.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's now seeing how this can continue. In a few years it's going to be utter chaos.

Nobody has any idea. It's not like the NBA where a contract is made public.

It could be 1 MM but why would anybody involved dispute it being 2MM? The answer is, they wouldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT