ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching ineptitude costs us this series

backinky2018

Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
I was at the first game and watched the second game at home.

-The bunt with bases loaded and 2 outs in game 1 nearly caused me to come unglued. Small ball has been (mostly) good to us this year, but this was absolutely disgusting.
-The decision to go to Ryder instead of Williams (after Martin) cost us a 3 run homer and another reason that we lost game 1.
-Bunting Hunter Gilliam with a man on and no outs in the bottom of the 9th made me want to puke.

In order to host, UK could NOT lose this series at home to a mediocre a&M team. Disgusting day, Ming should be ashamed of himself. It was chess vs. checkers out there on Saturday.

It’s been obvious to me for a couple years now that Mingione is not the guy. Every team we’ve played, or will play, since LSU has better players than we do. What we are seeing now is the absolute best Mingione can do.

It’s been obvious to me for a couple years now that Mingione is not the guy. Every team we’ve played, or will play, since LSU has better players than we do. What we are seeing now is the absolute best Mingione can do.

I was hoping this year would prove you (and me, and a lot of others wrong) after we got off to such a great start. This weekend was REALLY damaging to our chances of hosting (and making the tourney at all).

Gotta hand it to AM coach he is good. Used the lefties against us perfectly. Since I talked that sh** about us having the best record in NCAA we nose dived. Sorry for the jinx fellas I now reverse jinx…

I was hoping this year would prove you (and me, and a lot of others wrong) after we got off to such a great start. This weekend was REALLY damaging to our chances of hosting (and making the tourney at all).
I agree, but our success is in our hands and that's all we can ask. The schedule is beyond brutal and we already had the #1 SOS and rpi as it was. Have three home series left and we can't lose any of them and win at least one in road series games.

It was especially tough to drop GM 2. That game should have been closed out. Winning today avoided the sweep and further strengthened an already ridiculously good resume.

Currently:
SOS of 1
Rpi of 2
More quad 1 wins of any team in the nation

30 wins and there’s still a week in April left.

UK needs to win 10 more from regular season and conf tourney combined to hit 40 wins and be lined up for a top 8 National seed!!!

40 wins is usually the magic number for that.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
UK will easily make the field. Winning only 4 more games in SEC would lock that in place. SOS and RPI is at the top. Committee weighs those heavily.

He makes some head scratching decisions every game.

At least Church was in the lineup as our DH position as this position has been awful all year at the plate. We will see who plays Tuesday.

Reactions: backinky2018
It was especially tough to drop GM 2. That game should have been closed out. Winning today avoided the sweep and further strengthened an already ridiculously good resume.

Currently:
SOS of 1
Rpi of 2
More quad 1 wins of any team in the nation

30 wins and there’s still a week in April left.

UK needs to win 10 more from regular season and conf tourney combined to hit 40 wins and be lined up for a top 8 National seed!!!

40 wins is usually the magic number for that.

Yes, and it's going to be EXTREMELY tough to find ten wins. Consider:

-Tuesday at home against top 25 UL
-3 games this weekend on the road against top 5 vandy
-3 games at home next weekend at home against top 3 south carolina
-Home game against a bad TN Tech team (albeit one that just beat UT)
-3 games on road against suddenly red hot Vols
-3 games at home against Top 5 florida

I don't see ten wins there, but I hope I'm wrong! Here is what I think is a realistic scenario:

-Beat UL
-Win one of 3 against Vandy
-Beat TN Tech
-Win one of 3 against USC
-Win one of 3 against UT
-Win 2 of 3 against UF

That would be 37-16, 16-14 SEC. That's easily in the tourney and probably borderline for hosting. Our RPI is going to remain very strong. In the scenario above, we would end the year only winning four of ten SEC series but would have avoided any sweeps and would have been competitive against every team we played.

If we can somehow win two of the four remaining series and avoid getting swept in any, then I think we're a lock for a host and contending for a top 8 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT