ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches suspended over women's clinic jokes

I kind of chuckled at the do's and don't's but I don't get offended at anything, so......

Haha....

..15 years ago that would have been the most popular reaction.

Haha....

..15 years ago that would have been the most popular reaction.

You think that is ok to have a presentation representing your university like that (to a women's group)?
To a men's group, saying this is what we taught the women, iis probably pretty darn funny

Some of the comments were pretty bad, but others were benign. I do not know how many times coaches told me to sink my hips, power through it, on and on.
In today's PC world I guess anything can be the wrong thing to say.

How you doin'?

given the issues at nearby Baylor & the sport overall towards females it is easy to understand how Tejas A&M leadership felt the need to punish those involved

I can see it now, the coaches are all sitting around chewing the bull and having a laugh at how soft/pc today's world is and how there is the movement to have women more involved in male sports...typical locker room stuff...

All of a sudden someone jokingly says "hey, lets have a clinic for women where we sneak in some innuendo..."

they all laugh

someone else adds "yeah we can have a power point with crude sexual references disguised as common football speak..."

...more laughter...

then some silence as they all start to think about about it more seriously and whether or not they could pull it off and someone yells "f**k yeah let's do it", and they all bring it in for an aggie chant...

You think that is ok to have a presentation representing your university like that (to a women's group)?
To a men's group, saying this is what we taught the women, iis probably pretty darn funny

Not really.

Just saying times have changed.

I don't think it's the most egregious offense in the world, just pretty bad judgement.

Reactions: dustarm20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT