ADVERTISEMENT

CMS complaining about NIL publicly

I question how much longer he will be coaching. Between Basketball and Football we have lost some good coaches due the added responsibilities & stress. Openly talking about it means it has been weighing heavy on him. Just my thoughts

Reactions: Girthang
BTW, UK may need to improve in this area, I’m not disputing this, but don’t tell me you’re stressed and “feel alone” when you make that much money.

Google says the SEC distributed $741 million to its schools in 2022-2023.

I think it would be a better system for all players in the same conference to make the same base amount (average NIL worth of each player based off of overall conference earnings) and be payed directly from conference contract money.

You could offer additional incentives to players who make All SEC teams or to teams by ranking in the conference or even based off of teams with the highest tv ratings or whatever.

Last edited:
Give the guy a break.

He’s being honest.

There have been MULTIPLE coaches leave the college ranks to join pro teams in the recent past. The trans will continue as more senior coaches (like CMS and others) just don’t want to do it.

I can’t really blame them either. When they were coming up the football coach was paid to coach football. Now they are a glorified marketing director and need a whole lotta math skills!

Lol.

Just exactly how do those two subjects even relate?

NIL is provided by you and me.

The Coaches cannot fund it.

Coaches can and do donate to other programs NIL packages (Pitino to UK Football NIL), but not to their
own.
"No crying on the yacht."

When you make that much money a year, people don't want to hear you complain how hard your job and life are. It's gonna fall on deaf ears.

Has nothing to do with how much he can donate. Has everything to do with he's one of the top 10 paid coaches in CFB. If he's tired, he can quit. And I wouldn't necessarily blame him. But he's making more money in a year than most people will ever see. Either adapt or get out of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Stoops take coordinator or position coach in the NFL. If you got into coaching to teach the game, that's not even close to what you're doing anymore. It's at least 80/20 doing business to coaching and who the hell wants to live like that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT