ADVERTISEMENT

Classic cult-moments of Kentucky-centric basketball thread.

In the thread for Katina Powell's KSR interview, you could tell the exact time it happened.

People were talking back and forth before... But then the thread exploded. One moment, one phrase, and that thread was alive. Nothing else mattered all day.

"Squirt to the ceiling"

Reactions: ganner918
1075c44.jpg

So many good memories in this thread. We're a blessed fan base. Lots to be happy for as we enter another March Madness season with a very bright future on the horizon.

This was like Christmas morning x 1000 and multiplied to the power of 6. I still remember walking around campus after the new broke, whistling and practically skipping. It was euphoric and those who knew me well knew why I seemed like on some type of new narcotic.

That TV scan was the start of something so special. I had been yearning for someone like Cal since my younger days with Tubby. I bought into Gillsipie because, well, he wasn't Tubby and I thought he was hungry for it. I went to Ole Miss and saw him in person for the first time, as in interactions with fans at the hotels and his persona; we were floored. Totally disappointed. He was a grade A weirdo. Funny story I made a long post about it on this board and was thrashed repeatedly. lol. coaches of UK always have their "do no wrong" homers I guess.

But I'l never forget standing in my kitchen just smiling at my memphis friends/UT friends who all said he wouldn't leave memphis because the game had changed, UK didn't matter as much anyone, easier to win at memphis, and his recruiting class coming in.

I just smiled and pointed to that screen of cal taking the job. They apparently didn't know him at all.

185.jpg

Feb. 1949 Vol. 1. No. 1. Sports Illustrated with Ralph Beard Cover. Under Adolph Rupp’s coaching, Beard led the Kentucky Wildcats to two national championships, earned a gold medal in the 1948 Olympics and started as a rookie in the first NBA All-Star Game. Price: 25 cents.

Last edited:
one of the most important signees we ever got. Helped save the program in so many ways. He doesn't get enough credit because cal came in, but still, this was the biggest commitment pre-cal since mashburn.

Reactions: hotelblue
That was proably the best day a UK fan could ever had.
this. he has exceeded expectations. in recruiting he exceeded expectations by anyone. it's based on those new somewhat insane expectations where people think they have something to say as far as why doesn't he have two titles yet. which is crazy. he took 2011 and 2014 teams a few combined points from championships. and two weeks to go in those seasons neither team had a prayer at a final four. and i base that on what i saw on the court. we all did. maybe he would have two titles, i think the final four run is all him though and will be part of his legacy. you turn teams over that quick is just ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT