ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Fredrick Off To Hot Start An Hour North

Look at the teams Cincy has currently played. He is a decent enough player, he should be putting up numbers. Lets see how he does come league play, and then revisit it.

Calipari offense you have to be able to create your own shot. Seldom do you see his offense set screens for shooters. It’s more of a drive and kick out. I wish the guy well. He got married to a super hot girl, he’s hoping to play some ball overseas, he’s living the dream. Best of luck to him.

He’s 7th on UC in scoring. He was 7th at UK in scoring last year.
Meaningless if we don't know how many minutes he is playing. May be a defensive liability as he was here, but we are talking about his shooting. Per the article:
(3 point shot)

1st 2 seasons at Iowa: 45 %

Kentucky: 31.8 %

Cincy YTD: 58.3 %

Meaningless if we don't know how many minutes he is playing. May be a defensive liability as he was here, but we are talking about his shooting. Per the article:
(3 point shot)

1st 2 seasons at Iowa: 45 %

Kentucky: 31.8 %

Cincy YTD: 58.3 %
Not sure it’s meaningless, but agree that his first 2 games he played really well. Then he disappeared in the last game…23 minutes, 2 shots taken and 0 points.

He did the same thing for us last year. First 2 games he was 6 for 12 from 3 point range scoring 20 and 14 points then didn’t play well in game 3.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I’m rooting for him.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Not sure it’s meaningless, but agree that his first 2 games he played really well. Then he disappeared in the last game…23 minutes, 2 shots taken and 0 points.

He did the same thing for us last year. First 2 games he was 6 for 12 from 3 point range scoring 20 and 14 points then didn’t play well in game 3.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I’m rooting for him.

Great post. The other poster doesn't appreciate your stat diving lol.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I'm sure it was difficult to concentrate on shooting when his coach was a screaming lunatic from the sidelines last year. Although I will say, it appears Cal has cut back on the screaming so far this year. Hopefully Welch talked some sense into him.

Other teams seem to have no problem coming to Rupp and lighting it up.

What a stupid article. Fredick is shooting 7-12 from three on the year. Who writes an article based on a sample size of 12 shots?

Reactions: grevey35
I wish him all the best. But as others have said, he wouldn't have played at UK this year. Reed is 3x the player CJ is.

Reactions: grevey35
Fred was a good player, he had skills but he couldn’t guard at the level we needed and he wasn’t healthy. He also only had a couple games he really showed how he could shoot. Just didn’t work out, mainly because of health. I wish him the best.

CJ is a funny case because people still try to blame Cal for him. Either he couldn't handle the pressure of playing at UK or he just had an outlier year shooting because I haven't seen a player get more wide open shots and not convert.

CJ is a funny case because people still try to blame Cal for him. Either he couldn't handle the pressure of playing at UK or he just had an outlier year shooting because I haven't seen a player get more wide open shots and not convert.
He really did, he would have games with 5-6 wide open 3’a and brick them.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
Another stupid thread just like last year with the usual band of idiots whining about Bryce Hopkins. And we all saw how Jacob Toppin completely abused him head to head in the tourney. Just goes to show because a player leaves here and has success its not because they were mismanaged or held back at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT