ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Article “Louisville Mayor Greenberg declares Saturdays UL football game a sellout”

Basil Cat

Blue Chip Prospect
May 25, 2021
Based on the fallout from yesterdays
UL game against Austin Peay Greenberg said he felt the need to step in and set the record straight for tens of thousands of die hard cards in Louisville. “The Border War” as it was dubbed against perennial OVC power APSU had much controversy throughout the day as local meteorologist and Louisville bloggers engaged in finger pointing about attendance responsibility.
Greenberg stated “There is no doubt in my mind the stadium would have been filled had local weather reports been accurate”. “We take pride in this city about our place in college football hierarchy”. “We will not allow that to be tarnished nationally on the ACC Network for all of Jefferson County to see!”

Local meteorologist throughout the day warned of possible severe weather. That in turn along with the bright sunshine severely impaired the turnout. As the weather worn historical seats at L&N shockingly failed to fill closer to kickoff and local coverage began tweeting out the low attendance that’s when Louisville bloggers kicked into action. Many vowed to “unfollow” the meteorologist. While others took a more harsh stance. The “UofL Sheriff” vowed to pull FOP support for the unnamed weather man. Saying “Well, let’s just put it this way, he better keep it below 65 on The Watterson, and sure as heck better not cut across both lanes to merge onto I-64 from the The Snyder”. The local meteorologist is also expected to be barred from covering the traditional “Shop with a Cop” at Bashford Manor Walmart. The sheriff also reportedly deleted his WD** app and replaced it with a Premium Weather Channel app. “Those are not free!” he was heard over saying. “But I can afford it and this boycott must begin somewhere!” One local radio shock jock was reportedly so furious he lobbied iHeart executives to have a follow up call in show for fans to vent their displeasure.

We spoke with some fans who wished to remain anonymous. One group of fans told us “I think there was some confusion just before kickoff”.
“There were chants from the visitors section that said GO Peay! and many die hard cars fans thought that was a last call warning for the restrooms”. “People just started getting up and leaving “ one fan said. The CJ has learned that GO Peay is a popular Austin Peay chant and may have caused the confusion.

Terry, a card fan from Okolona who was visibly disoriented by the attendance did tell us. “ If we’re gonna run with the Alabamas of college football, we better start acting like it!” Terry also shouted “I went all the way to the Bardstown Road Costco to get my tickets!” Terry was referring specifically to the new “Card Fan starter pack of tickets available at a local Costco.

The CJ reached out to both UL and the Mayors office for further comment. UL athletics said they would have a statement possibly Tuesday due to the holiday regarding updating attendance numbers. The Mayors office had yet to respond to our request. But a press conference is scheduled for Wednesday this week. But some insiders tell us that is a planned press conference regarding the recently and abruptly vacated “Pig Beach BBQ” waterfront location that closed last month.

Sad to say but the city of louisville is a wreck s-hole chock full of homeless and drug addicts. It has lost population because of mismanagement and no one wants to actually live in Jefferson County. Surrounding counties not totally run by the machine and chock full of miscreants are growing.

How’s Prospect doing? I used to know some people there.

That city is bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: WATT4UK
Wait a minute . . . I just received an e-mail from my cousin in Jefferson County . . . .

It seems “the meteorologist” has been fully “outed,” by Card fans.

And yes, as fate would have it, that meteorologist, Randy Wether, is a 2004 doctoral graduate of the University of Kentucky’s famed “Drior-Vetter School of Meteorology” located in the heart of UK’s Lexington campus.

As you can well imagine, this sh!t has hit the Jefferson County fan like the stench of aging, stored bourbon combined with the smell from the Purina silos.

Says one anonymous U of L grad, “This is worse than when Papa John exposed Jurich, Petrino and President Ramsey to the excessive glare and condemnation of simple reality . . . worse than when Jeff Brohm told U of L to f@&k off, and stayed at Purdue until they decided they didn’t really want him . . . .”

Apparently, Randy Wether’s doctoral connection to UK, and his supposed guilt in frightening thousands of Card fans to eat tickets they had gotten for free, is too much for the Card Faithful to rationally endure.

In fact, Mr. Wether holds a 1997 undergraduate degree from U of L, where he also obtained a Masters Degree in 1999, both degrees earned while commuting from Southern Indiana. When a fellow U of L undergrad who is an acquaintance of Wether was asked why Mr. Wether chose to close out his education at UK, he responded, “ . . . well, Randy is a very intelligent fellow, you know.”

Keep an eye on this story as it develops.

Last edited:
Was this your published by The Onion?!? That is unbelievable.

Just a couple of Kentucky fans poking a little fun of the educational and athletic juggernaut otherwise known as the Commuter School on Floyd Street.

In fact, as I have amended my contribution, above, Randy Wether’s degrees at U of L were earned as a commuter student from Southern Indiana.

I haven’t been in Louisville since 2008 when I was there for three weeks in business. A friend of mine called yesterday. He was there for wedding. He said,fourth street, which was great years ago is now a slum.

Based on the fallout from yesterdays
UL game against Austin Peay Greenberg said he felt the need to step in and set the record straight for tens of thousands of die hard cards in Louisville. “The Border War” as it was dubbed against perennial OVC power APSU had much controversy throughout the day as local meteorologist and Louisville bloggers engaged in finger pointing about attendance responsibility.
Greenberg stated “There is no doubt in my mind the stadium would have been filled had local weather reports been accurate”. “We take pride in this city about our place in college football hierarchy”. “We will not allow that to be tarnished nationally on the ACC Network for all of Jefferson County to see!”

Local meteorologist throughout the day warned of possible severe weather. That in turn along with the bright sunshine severely impaired the turnout. As the weather worn historical seats at L&N shockingly failed to fill closer to kickoff and local coverage began tweeting out the low attendance that’s when Louisville bloggers kicked into action. Many vowed to “unfollow” the meteorologist. While others took a more harsh stance. The “UofL Sheriff” vowed to pull FOP support for the unnamed weather man. Saying “Well, let’s just put it this way, he better keep it below 65 on The Watterson, and sure as heck better not cut across both lanes to merge onto I-64 from the The Snyder”. The local meteorologist is also expected to be barred from covering the traditional “Shop with a Cop” at Bashford Manor Walmart. The sheriff also reportedly deleted his WD** app and replaced it with a Premium Weather Channel app. “Those are not free!” he was heard over saying. “But I can afford it and this boycott must begin somewhere!” One local radio shock jock was reportedly so furious he lobbied iHeart executives to have a follow up call in show for fans to vent their displeasure.

We spoke with some fans who wished to remain anonymous. One group of fans told us “I think there was some confusion just before kickoff”.
“There were chants from the visitors section that said GO Peay! and many die hard cars fans thought that was a last call warning for the restrooms”. “People just started getting up and leaving “ one fan said. The CJ has learned that GO Peay is a popular Austin Peay chant and may have caused the confusion.

Terry, a card fan from Okolona who was visibly disoriented by the attendance did tell us. “ If we’re gonna run with the Alabamas of college football, we better start acting like it!” Terry also shouted “I went all the way to the Bardstown Road Costco to get my tickets!” Terry was referring specifically to the new “Card Fan starter pack of tickets available at a local Costco.

The CJ reached out to both UL and the Mayors office for further comment. UL athletics said they would have a statement possibly Tuesday due to the holiday regarding updating attendance numbers. The Mayors office had yet to respond to our request. But a press conference is scheduled for Wednesday this week. But some insiders tell us that is a planned press conference regarding the recently and abruptly vacated “Pig Beach BBQ” waterfront location that closed last month.
After this weekend I was searching for something to provoke a laugh out of my gut. The mayor of Louisville did it. The day UL starts running with the Alabamas of the college world is the day the earth comes to an end. Any program that considers a game with Austin Pee as a "Border War" is a loser of a program. Shameful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT