ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I probably would have watched it but saw the spoilers and also uga/tx was on

I think they are starting to announce things ahead of time to boost ticket sales

Keep forgetting raw is only 2 hours until they flip to Netflix - might be a decent show tonight

Yeah, every interview the ECW guys said the actual building was not good. I think Joey Styles said the shower was like a horror movie after a show lol.

I think boxing and mma people have tried to get it in better shape.

Reactions: Wesley91581
How many are going to make the trip to Indianapolis for the Rumble? That’s my favorite PPV and I’ve never been to one and it’s finally within driving distance for me.

Been to multiple Manias and will go whenever it comes to Nashville or Indy.

I believe they've done extensive renovations to what they call the 2300 Arena now. From pictures I've seen it doesn't look too bad now.

Going to the Rumble would be fun for sure.

How many are going to make the trip to Indianapolis for the Rumble? That’s my favorite PPV and I’ve never been to one and it’s finally within driving distance for me.

Been to multiple Manias and will go whenever it comes to Nashville or Indy.
I went to Rumble several years ago in St Louis, before they had the women's Rumble. Great fun. I think Sheamus won that year. We had seats right under the Wrestlemania sign.

I am torn with what they are doing with Jey. I get that taking the belt was the best way to get him back in the Bloodline story and they did it in about the best way they possibly could. I just hate that Jey was finally getting a singles push that he deserved. I assume this will all end up with the Usos back together and getting the tag titles back from Toma and Jacob or whomever is actually the other one holding the belt.

Some random stuff

Smackdown only did 1,378,000 viewers and a .42 in the demo- down almost 300,000 viewers from the week before.

Collision did 346,000 viewers and Battle Of The Belts did 304,000

NXT sold out the 2300 Arena in about 15 minutes today and it was announced Bully Ray will be there doing and meet and greet. I'm sure every ECW original they can find will be on the show.

- You can only laugh at AEW opting not to set up shop at the former ECW Arena, at least once. It's right there in a hot market but I guess they'd rather kill Chicago some more. NXT swoops in, already has the ECW branding, sells the building out, and even if the wrestling isn't great, it'll still be fun because of the rabid fans there.

- Long term booking is knowing how to get Jey back into the Bloodline story. He's now a hot face and singles star, has won a "big one", tasted gold, and gotten screwed out of that gold by his family. We may get him tagging with his brother again short term but I think the end goal is to make them both singles stars. They got there with Jey, now they need to get there with Jimmy.

AEW is running Philly the Saturday before the NXT show. They should have definitely looked at that and maybe the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC.

In gossip news guess the rumors are true

Reactions: Nightwish84
I didn’t see this but wouldn’t be surprised if he was future endeavored…

Source: Fightful Select

Carlito had a controversial line, and those we spoke to claim that it wasn't planned.

During a backstage segment with Adam Pearce, Carlito quipped "I gotta learn Chinese" after Iyo Sky and Kairi Sane walked out of frame. Both women are Japanese and this kind of rhetoric is extremely offensive.

The line was edited out of all digital clips, with the segment starting after his line. The claim internally from at least one staff member was that the line was not scripted, and that they had spoken to were in disbelief that it was said.

Internally, there were a number in the company that weren't happy it happened.

One would think Fatu turns on Solo next year and takes over the Wolfpack Bloodline. Maybe after War Games Roman's Bloodline ends and everyone goes their separate ways. Who knows what happens with Rock but I see him anointing Fatu before he goes back to Hollywood.

On the Usos, I get it. Jey really isn't that special in ring and his spear is awful. The France entrance was a right place, right time thing and McAfee added to it in the states. Jimmy will need to make his own path because he can't be the NO YEET guy. I'm not sure he can do it but I also didn't see this version of Jey happening two years ago either.

Idk who this is but even nxt absolutely crushes the production and presentation aspects

Delta, Australian wrestler. Might be the one who went to the same school as Ripley. Seems to have the same intensity as her. As I've said in the past, if WWE, NXT, and AEW, (along with TNA since WWE is getting Grace soon) are stepping up with women, then give me badasses who look like they can kick a dude's ass in a bar fight. You wanna be a model and show your ass off? Cool. Be that on IG and OF. You wanna be a badass and try to dominate a division in pro wrestling? That's what I wanna see at this point. It's crazy how WWE is so far removed from pudding matches and that goofy butterfly title made for a girl in second grade.

Dynamite for this evening

AEW Champion Jon Moxley to appear.
ROH Champion Mark Briscoe vs. Chris Jericho - Ladder War.
Jack Perry & The Young Bucks vs Daniel Garcia & Private Party.
Kamille vs. Queen Aminata.
Sammy Guevara vs. Shelton Benjamin.
Hook has figured out who attacked Taz and will confront them.
Kyle Fletcher to appear.
House of Black to appear.

Reactions: GeraldV
I am torn with what they are doing with Jey. I get that taking the belt was the best way to get him back in the Bloodline story and they did it in about the best way they possibly could. I just hate that Jey was finally getting a singles push that he deserved. I assume this will all end up with the Usos back together and getting the tag titles back from Toma and Jacob or whomever is actually the other one holding the belt.
Everyone had to predict that Jey would lose the title, due to the new Bloodline, next rejoin Jimmy and Roman (at least temporarily).
BUT.... it's still 3 vs 4. Obvious how that turns out. Who could be the 4th?

Everyone had to predict that Jey would lose the title, due to the new Bloodline, next rejoin Jimmy and Roman (at least temporarily).
BUT.... it's still 3 vs 4. Obvious how that turns out. Who could be the 4th?
I think the betting favorite is Sammy Zane. An option could be Brock since there are reports that he is set to return soon so he could show up with the Wiseman. If it is Brock, I am guessing we don't find out until the actual PPV as the surprise entrant kind of like they did with Orton last year though they announced it before hand but kept us guessing as to whether he shows up or not. Brock vs. Fatu could be a great program. Others could be Bron Breakker since he and Fatu had that stare down. He would need a sort of face turn by burying the hatchet with Jey. I think this is the least likely. Lastly, it could be another one in the Anaoi family as there are multiple rumors that others are going to be joining the WWE. This could go in any number of ways.

Likely Sami. I don't see Brock coming back anytime soon. That mess with Vince is public poison and Brock was named, thus he's poison at the moment. If you thought HHH was cringe answering Vince questions, how do you think he'd act answering why Brock Lesnar is back? The Bron/Fatu staredown was a tease and a nod to the future. They did it with Bianca and Jade during the Rumble. It's a flex to say, "look at the future of our company. Sure, Cena is finishing up, Taker is long gone, and you're getting glimpses of what's likely the final version of The Rock, but you're getting Breakker vs Fatu in a year or two at a big money event."

I looked up a list of some current older wrestlers in WWE and was surprised by a few:
Nia Jax and Santos Escobar are 40, Asuka is 42, Kofi and Miz are 43 (I literally watched Miz's season of Real World when he debuted "The Miz" gimmick as he cut drunken promos on his roommates in the middle of the night), Shayna Baszler is 44, and Sheamus is 46. The ones we automatically know like Finn and Styles were listed too.

Agree with Sapp here. Every little bit helps and WWE does these little promos as well. I think they're very slowly getting better at promotion and hopefully this time next year they have a noticeable increase in weekly tix sales. I wouldn't be opposed to AEW doing something like those old school 'My Sacrifice' type videos WWE did during the Attitude Era either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT