ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Outrunners had a good showing - the only reason they lost is b/c 8 teams ganged up on them. Fans were definitely hyped for them.

Last edited:
AEW was a fun show last night. I enjoyed the evening. One whole side of the arena was cut off which made it more intimate. They also had more of a variety of merch than AEW had in Chicago for All Out.

Ospreay is crazy over.

Jack Perry was liked in Lexington but hated in Chicago (there were so many 'F Jack Perry' chants at All Out)

Richochet not being billed from Kentucky is crap.

Moxley is such an amazing promo. No wonder he was so frustrated in WWE.

Reactions: GeraldV
I personally think Mox on the mic is terrible - he’s trying to be a modern version of Steve Austin but the last few weeks he’s just rambling nonsense

Also here’s an example of TK’s incoherent booking…

Mox challenges Darby for his world title shot at grand slam since db isn’t cleared

15 mins later Nigel challenges db at grand slam

AEW was a fun show last night. I enjoyed the evening. One whole side of the arena was cut off which made it more intimate. They also had more of a variety of merch than AEW had in Chicago for All Out.

Ospreay is crazy over.

Jack Perry was liked in Lexington but hated in Chicago (there were so many 'F Jack Perry' chants at All Out)

Richochet not being billed from Kentucky is crap.

Moxley is such an amazing promo. No wonder he was so frustrated in WWE.
You said Mox wasn’t going to be part of bcc but then he had them turn on db so which is it?

Just finished watching Dynamite and the whole Danielson thing confused me too. He can't wrestle Darby but is going to wrestle Nigel?

As always Christian was good, the tag team thing was cool but again the winners didn't make sense. Guess Fletcher will eat another pin.

Thought the Rupp crowd was pretty good despite their not being a ton of people there. And really What? chants.

Anyway Dynamite did 716,000 and a .21- up from last week. Finished second the the Video Music Awards.

Reactions: Wesley91581
They're making it harder than it needs to be. Maybe because Nigel looked good in London so they wanna keep that going. I have a feeling Darby is going to become a top guy soon which great for him but I'm torn because he's small and a dumbass but he's pure AEW and I like his story. I remember when Punk called him out by name on night one. Really thought Darby would get a huge push then and it didn't happen.

Not to steal K-mac's gimmick but during the Giulia/Chelsea Green match NXT reached 709K. With a debate on that had something like 67 million people watching, that's impressive for a debut match. Ready for WWE to ditch those women's tag titles, create an IC type title for the women, and call it a day. I'd have no issue with that, as long as they end the tag division.

They're making it harder than it needs to be. Maybe because Nigel looked good in London so they wanna keep that going. I have a feeling Darby is going to become a top guy soon which great for him but I'm torn because he's small and a dumbass but he's pure AEW and I like his story. I remember when Punk called him out by name on night one. Really thought Darby would get a huge push then and it didn't happen.

Not to steal K-mac's gimmick but during the Giulia/Chelsea Green match NXT reached 709K. With a debate on that had something like 67 million people watching, that's impressive for a debut match. Ready for WWE to ditch those women's tag titles, create an IC type title for the women, and call it a day. I'd have no issue with that, as long as they end the tag division.
Not to mention they already have installed the nxt North American women’s title a few months ago

Reactions: Nightwish84
Not to mention they already have installed the nxt North American women’s title a few months ago
True. You give someone like Lyra a midcard title, bring Giulia up to take it at WM, and let her legitimize it. It's possible. Gunther did it with the IC title and I didn't give a shit about the Raw title on Rollins but I do now, esp. if you throw Drew or Punk into that mix.

Just finished watching Dynamite and the whole Danielson thing confused me too. He can't wrestle Darby but is going to wrestle Nigel?

As always Christian was good, the tag team thing was cool but again the winners didn't make sense. Guess Fletcher will eat another pin.

Thought the Rupp crowd was pretty good despite their not being a ton of people there. And really What? chants.

Anyway Dynamite did 716,000 and a .21- up from last week. Finished second the the Video Music Awards.
When did you hear a what chant? I didn’t hear that. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if they had to edit out some of the stuff from what the crowd was yelling.

that was camera side and blocked off and that was the Rampage portion.

It wasn’t like the huge crowd that was at All Out but decent for one portion.

93c4sh.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT