ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Raw for this evening...

The fallout of Money in the Bank.
WWE Women's World Champion Liv Morgan & Dominik Mysterio vs. Rey Mysterio & Zelina Vega.
Judgment Day vs. Braun Strowman & Awesome Truth.
Jey Uso vs. Chad Gable
Lyra Valkyria & Katana Chance & Kayden Carter vs. Damage CTRL’s IYO SKY & Kairi Sane & Dakota Kai.

Honestly thought the play would've been to have Dom and Liv become this bastard and bitch couple, have Judgment Day reluctantly embrace Liv more than they have, then Rhea returns later in the month. Coming back as a massive face and doing a clean break from Dom and the JD might've hit a little better. Pretty clear in 2024 Rhea doesn't need a group.

Good stuff having Rollins back, Punk essentially cleared, Rhea returning, Reigns likely back at SS, and we're getting a last hurrah for Cena in 2025 while Rock casually comes back to take on Cody. You don't need to hit me over the head to see stars right now, they're all in WWE.

Per Fightful Select:

Chelsea Green received high praise for her work at WWE Money in the Bank 2024.

One area of particular interest was Chelsea Green's promotion of the match itself. WWE officials said that not only did she do local media, but she headed to Toronto mid-week to do it. In addition, she heavily promoted the event and match itself on social media.

Chelsea Green was said to be very comfortable taking the table bump to end the match and treated it like a "no big deal" situation. Those we heard from were very happy how it all unfolded and said that she took the spot as safely as possible.

I'm already done with the Wyatt Sicks. It's up there with Nia Jax as far as things I fast forward through.
I’m close. They need to do something other than Nikki Cross delivering a video tape. They need to actually get involved other than making Chad Gable run and hide. They started with promise when they appeared and left people like Braun Strowman lying in a heap. No one has said anything else about it when Strowman and the others attacked should call them out for the unprovoked attack.

I did think it was funny when Jey Uso yeeted right out of the ring last night when the smoke started. He bounced in a hurry.

Not to constantly compare the two, but WWE is clearly preparing for the future (next 10-15 years). Vince did it with Cena and Reigns. Bully said several months back that years ago Vince told him Reigns would be feeding our (WWE) families for the next 15 years and that's happened. WWE rarely fails to capitalize and prepare for the next generation.

Tony is booking for the now which is a different approach and for fans who want everything now, that's what they're getting. In WWE, Ospreay probably wouldn't be champion for three years. In AEW, he might become champion by year's end after arriving in March. Mone is currently holding two titles and wrestled her first AEW match in May. Just different approaches. One makes you excited for WWE's future, the other you're just hoping can be maintained by enough indy stars/WWE castoffs.
Sure AEW is pushing some older people but so is WWE. But much of AEW’s present is also their future for their sake hopefully the next 10-20 years, and only four of which were ever in WWE.

Will Ospreay - 31
Hangman - 32
Anthony Bowens - 33
Daniel Garcia - 25
Hook - 25
Jack Perry - 27
Jay White - 31
MJF - 28
Swerve - 33
Austin Gunn - 29
Colten Gunn - 33
Dante Martin - 23
Takeshita - 29
Kyle Fletcher - 25
Nick Wayne - 19

And then…
Darby Allin - 31 - assuming he doesn’t kill himself doing stuff outside of wrestling

Anna Jay - 25
Britt - 33
Julia Hart - 22
Statlander - 28
Mariah May - 25
Mercedes - 32
Skye Blue - 24
Toni Storm - 28
Willow - 30
Purrazzo - 30
Riho - 27
Kamille - 31, if they ever debut her that is

And then a couple talents I know they are developing in ROH. Though I only watch their PPV so not sure on much of what they are doing down there.
Billie Starkz - 19
Queen Aminata - not sure on her exact age but I would guess around mid 20s

I left off Ricky Starks and Hobbs. I don’t foresee them staying in AEW when their contracts end.

Sure AEW is pushing some older people but so is WWE. But much of AEW’s present is also their future for their sake hopefully the next 10-20 years, and only four of which were ever in WWE.

Will Ospreay - 31
Hangman - 32
Anthony Bowens - 33
Daniel Garcia - 25
Hook - 25
Jack Perry - 27
Jay White - 31
MJF - 28
Swerve - 33
Austin Gunn - 29
Colten Gunn - 33
Dante Martin - 23
Takeshita - 29
Kyle Fletcher - 25
Nick Wayne - 19

And then…
Darby Allin - 31 - assuming he doesn’t kill himself doing stuff outside of wrestling

Anna Jay - 25
Britt - 33
Julia Hart - 22
Statlander - 28
Mariah May - 25
Mercedes - 32
Skye Blue - 24
Toni Storm - 28
Willow - 30
Purrazzo - 30
Riho - 27
Kamille - 31, if they ever debut her that is

And then a couple talents I know they are developing in ROH. Though I only watch their PPV so not sure on much of what they are doing down there.
Billie Starkz - 19
Queen Aminata - not sure on her exact age but I would guess around mid 20s

I left off Ricky Starks and Hobbs. I don’t foresee them staying in AEW when their contracts end.
Congrats?

Per Fightful Select:

Chelsea Green received high praise for her work at WWE Money in the Bank 2024.

One area of particular interest was Chelsea Green's promotion of the match itself. WWE officials said that not only did she do local media, but she headed to Toronto mid-week to do it. In addition, she heavily promoted the event and match itself on social media.

Chelsea Green was said to be very comfortable taking the table bump to end the match and treated it like a "no big deal" situation. Those we heard from were very happy how it all unfolded and said that she took the spot as safely as possible.
Congrats?

Dynamite for this evening...

Men's Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final: Bryan Danielson vs. Hangman Page.
Jeff Jarrett special enforcer referee.
Women's Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final: Mariah May vs. Willow Nightingale.
AEW World Champion Swerve Strickland to appear.
Samoa Joe vs. Chris Jericho - Canadian Stampede Street Fight.
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kyle Fletcher vs. Pac.
Will Ospreay to appear.
Mercedes Mone Double Championship Victory Toast

Sounds like WWE might have signed that Stephanie Vaquer that faced Mercedes on the ppv. I hadn't heard of her before but she looked great in that match.

Sounds like WWE might have signed that Stephanie Vaquer that faced Mercedes on the ppv. I hadn't heard of her before but she looked great in that match.
And E Drones have already done a 180 from "who cares, no one's ever heard of her" to "OMG I can't wait to see her in WWE.

Reactions: GeraldV
Still trying to catch up on AEW programming but watched Orange Cassidy wrestle against 2 guys in a handicapped match.

Really?

Reactions: GeraldV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT