ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Meanwhile NXT ratings continue to go down the drain post Sexxy Red appearance as the Shawn Spears and Ethan Page pushes are flopping. Guess they are going to have to get TNA to let them borrow Joe Hendry again 😂

Lowest total viewership since July 4 of 2023. Lowest non-holiday total viewership since April 11, 2023.

WWE NXT on USA Network
Tue, Jul. 2, 2024: 8:00 to 10:08 pm
542,000 viewers (P2+)
P18-49 rating: 0.15

LOWEST P2+ SINCE JUL. 4, 2023

LOWEST P18-49 SINCE APR. 30, 2024
Heard there was a Beck concert on Tubi that robbed hundreds of thousands of viewers away from wrestling on that night.

That was one of the best Dynamites ever. Everything about it was good to great other than Jericho time. And **** Jericho.
After taking probably 25-30 years off from watching wrestling, I have started watching it again some the past 4-5 months. And Jericho on AEW is unwatchable. Does this guy have secret pictures of the AEW execs or did he marry their ugly daughter or something.

I thought Dynamite was a very good show, no ratings yet because of the holiday.
Thought DMD and CEO was good as well as the end of the show. For once they actually stayed with something instead of either going off the air or right into the next thing.
Can't stand the "Learning Tree" stuff but at least it led to something.
I miss the days of Dynamite vs. NXT vs. Guy's Grocery Games
Loved me some Silk Stalkings back in the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesley91581
Roman has to come back and turn on Heyman. Heyman turns to Punk, then Roman vs Punk.

You may never be able to turn Roman babyface again if he comes back and beats the hell out of Heyman

Reactions: Col. Angus
Roman has to come back and turn on Heyman. Heyman turns to Punk, then Roman vs Punk.

You may never be able to turn Roman babyface again if he comes back and beats the hell out of Heyman
Respectfully, no. It wouldn't make sense to ragdoll Heyman again, and by Reigns no less. Punk is on Raw and doesn't currently fit into this story. Punk and Drew's rivalry will likely take up the rest of the year. I know it's predictable for Roman to come back as a huge face but it's the right thing to do. Somehow Triple H did what Vince couldn't do - turn him into a face the likes of which we haven't seen since Daniel Bryan. In storyline, Reigns owes everything to Heyman. He's practically family.

I actually think Reigns get his ass kicked when he comes back and he's gotta man up, lick his wounds, and reach out to his former Bloodline for help. Adding Fatu and destroying Heyman gave this new Bloodline the spark they needed.

Reactions: Crystalglass
Saw somewhere posted Marty scurll is hinting at a comeback - has anyone had a bigger fall from relevant to completely off the radar?

He was njpw lightweight champ and was about to be roh booker (subsequently would have gone to AEW) to completely off the map…yes I know why and no need to re-hash the story as to how it happened.

Maybe Keith Lee?

They must be really mad at Tiffany Stratton for that video a couple weeks ago. That's a harsh punishment to pair her with Nia Jax.
I said that when they first paired them - If she doesn’t win mitb tonight then ya they’ve completely stopped her push - she was in a women’s title match on a PLE a few months ago and now she’s a lackey for Nia Jax. That’s a significant step down.

After taking probably 25-30 years off from watching wrestling, I have started watching it again some the past 4-5 months. And Jericho on AEW is unwatchable. Does this guy have secret pictures of the AEW execs or did he marry their ugly daughter or something.
He ****ing sucks. For some god damn reason the quarter hours he are in do well in the ratings (normally sees an increase in viewership from the previous segment), so other than personal taste and the fact that he is a piece of shit as a person, it’s hard to argue against having him on tv.

Last edited:
Saw somewhere posted Marty scurll is hinting at a comeback - has anyone had a bigger fall from relevant to completely off the radar?

He was njpw lightweight champ and was about to be roh booker (subsequently would have gone to AEW) to completely off the map…yes I know why and no need to re-hash the story as to how it happened.

Maybe Keith Lee?
Alberto Del Rio is working AAA during the darkest period of its history and wrestling in middle school gyms in Mexico after being on the top of WWE

Matt Riddle is making random birthday party appearances like a children’s clown after taking less than like two months to burn his bridges in New Japan

Tessa Blanchard would have been a top talent in AEW or WWE by now if she wasn’t such a racist

Reactions: GeraldV
Savage is my favorite wrestler. Guy had everything. Ashame WWE pretended he was invisible until his death. If Vince had retired like a normal human being, Triple H would have made amends with a ton of former guys a lot earlier than WWE has.

Don't think anyone reported any heat on Stratton. Just like Liv being arrested, she had no heat for that. Stratton's push was definitely stalled but that could be for a number of reasons. Rosters now don't need the same 20 people on every week and she's winning MITB tonight imo. The plan was probably always to have her win the title at WM41.

Reactions: Wesley91581
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT