ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Backlash really is coming in underwhelming. It seems that there is limited heat for any of the matches. I guess maybe bringing in Jacob Fatu is what I’m hoping for. But having tournaments/set up matches for championships is a bit lazy.

GKnpPC6XwAErpH2

Also I thought this was sorta neat - recently saw a clip of Chelsea Green leaving the ring in-character and quickly taking a handmade bracelet from a fan who wanted her to have it. Then I noticed bracelets on Cody's wrist last night. Apparently it's some Swift thing? I dunno, but I've noticed more wrestlers coming out and signing posters, figures, and accepting gifts from fans and that's pretty cool. Felt like there used to be a time when there was a separation between fan and wrestler. Now we're getting random selfies, video clips, quick autographs, belts and shoes given out, and handmade gifts.

Also I thought this was sorta neat - recently saw a clip of Chelsea Green leaving the ring in-character and quickly taking a handmade bracelet from a fan who wanted her to have it. Then I noticed bracelets on Cody's wrist last night. Apparently it's some Swift thing? I dunno, but I've noticed more wrestlers coming out and signing posters, figures, and accepting gifts from fans and that's pretty cool. Felt like there used to be a time when there was a separation between fan and wrestler. Now we're getting random selfies, video clips, quick autographs, belts and shoes given out, and handmade gifts.
Ya I’ve definitely noticed Cody is very engaged with the fans - inside and outside the arena.

Last edited:
My brain doesn't automatically go in that direction. I thought, "They both like Swerve, why is Cornette a gorilla, and who is the q-tip?" I listened to the clip and got my answer: they don't think Swerve as champion was booked well right off the bat, Fletcher was called a q-tip which lead to Last saying that's ridiculous because he's not tiny, and Cornette mentioned Mighty Joe Young. Some on social media said, "q-tips are made of cotton and we know the history of cotton and black people! Why is there a q-tip next to Swerve? Racism!" I just saw a q-tip with a face. If it was a white sheet with eyes would that be racist too? WTF is wrong with 20 and 30 somethings now? You're the reason comedies don't exist anymore. Someone else said they listened to the clip and there's no mention of a gorilla. Clearly that person has never heard of Mighty Joe Young and the reference went over their head. Maybe my comment will be deleted and that's fine but stop being fake mad. Is it tone-deaf? Maybe for some. Does Cornette say some cringy stuff? Sure. Is that drawing blatantly racist? No. Listen to the actual clip.

(I'm more just speaking to the universe and not anyone here)

Cornette and his crew know what the great majority of his fans like, so here’s a dog whistle to them with that “art.”

So 4 rounds of a draft just to say Bron is going to Raw and Carmelo Hayes was being called up. Everyone else stayed put. That's not really "shaking" anything up.
Booker of the year for you folks. Let's have a draft just to have a draft.

The #1 draft pick for Smackdown in Bianca Belair is currently going for tag team gold instead of singles gold. What a great use of your top draft pick, picking HALF of a current tag team that's vying for what is the worst booked title belt and division on the main roster.

They don't draft the other half of the tag team in Jade. Was she even eligible to be drafted on Friday night? IF not, that makes the logic here, or lack thereof, even more flawed. So in kayfabe, Raw could draft Jade and have the potential future tag champs not even on the same brand.

Smackdown made such a big effort to recruit Bron for their brand earlier this year then don't even draft him.

Last edited:

The #1 draft pick for Smackdown in Bianca Belair is currently going for tag team gold instead of singles gold. What a great use of your top draft pick, picking HALF of a current tag team that's vying for what is the worst booked title belt and division on the main roster.

They don't draft the other half of the tag team in Jade. Was she even eligible to be drafted on Friday night? IF not, that makes the logic here, or lack thereof, even more flawed. So in kayfabe, Raw could draft Jade and have the potential future tag champs not even on the same brand.

Smackdown made such a big effort to recruit Bron for their brand earlier this year then don't even draft him.
They could've waited until next year for the draft to be honest. The champions being protected is one thing, but Drew just came back like 6-7 months ago and had switched brands, Rollins is staying on Raw and won't be back for awhile, Punk is still out and if they're still doing him Seth and Mcintyre feuds, it makes no sense to move him to Smackdown. I thought LA would go to Raw, though.
The Bloodline staying on Smackdown makes sense, Jey staying on Raw makes sense (although I'm ready for him to get back with Jimmy).

If you were around during that time, it’s like ICW and Memphis in the late 70s/early 80s.

ICW would yak yak yak about the Memphis promotion, saying things like Tojo Yamamoto’s real name, instead of making their product better.

Meanwhile, Jarrett and his crew would ignore it, concentrate on their product, making it grow.

It’s crazy: Tony was a lucky guy. Everything lined up for him when he started and he shot himself in the foot. Who, meaning anyone with star power, the hell would want to go to that company now unless it’s to never work and get paid.

Reactions: Wesley91581

HHH without question is a better booker than Tony Khan brother. You gotta chill out with the fan boy shit on occasion and be objective. You lack any sense of objectivity.

HHH without question is a better booker than Tony Khan brother. You gotta chill out with the fan boy shit on occasion and be objective. You lack any sense of objectivity.
I don’t care who won booker of the year. What I pointed out from Friday is sound logic. If you can’t understand that then maybe wrestling is too high level of an intellectual product for you. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Bianca Bel Air going with the #1 pick is like picking Anthony Bennett with the first pick in the 2013 NBA draft.
john turturro pete hogwallop GIF
I’m honestly not sure how the whole draft thing works (no one does that’s part of the problem) but there was a draft “pool” Friday and a draft “pool” tonight so it’s not like everyone could be picked Friday

This, in a nutshell, says a lot - you (and most others) say he lacks objectivity then he responds and tries to insult your intelligence. He’s the TK of this board no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT