ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Oh ya know the guy that crushed it in njpw and beat Okada without giving him a low blow.

This quote is so dumb

Jay White wasn’t thrilled, based on what I’ve been told, how things went with the build and the match against MJF, so he might be motivated to shine in this tournament.

He's essentially saying Jay White wouldn't be motivated to shine if the MJF match had been booked better 🙄

This quote is so dumb

He's essentially saying Jay White wouldn't be motivated to shine if the MJF match had been booked better 🙄
You’re so far in the tank there’s no escape - your mental gymnastics for aew are impressive.

Jay White is upper mid card in AEW now and you’re going to sit and take it?

Weren’t you a big Jay white guy?

We both know the gunns and Jay white should have won and neither did.

Serious question / i don’t watch AEW much but why does Jay white have to low blow to beat rush? He was #1 world title contender and just lost on ppv but can’t get a clean win on dynamite?
Why does Roman have to win every match by interference if he is the greatest champion ever like WWE tries to portray him to be? The world may never know!

You’re so far in the tank there’s no escape - your mental gymnastics for aew are impressive.

Jay White is upper mid card in AEW now and you’re going to sit and take it?

Weren’t you a big Jay white guy?

We both know the gunns and Jay white should have won and neither did.
Apparently hanging with Jay and the Bullitt Club has been great for the Gunn's. They went from being mid carders that were the butt of the joke (no pun intended) to having squash matches against jobbers and being one of the top tag teams in AEW.

Apparently hanging with Jay and the Bullitt Club has been great for the Gunn's. They went from being mid carders that were the butt of the joke (no pun intended) to having squash matches against jobbers and being one of the top tag teams in AEW.
Well to be fair it was an ROH tag title match not an AEW tag title match.

I think we all agree the Roman crap is stupid.
I don't understand how they don't see that they undermine what they are doing. Flair was dirty and won by interference, low blows, someone throwing him brass knuckles to knock someone out, etc. However, he also beat guys clean to remove any doubt that he could win clean if he really wanted to. You only win dirty to keep heat on you not to be the only way you can win.

I don't understand how they don't see that they undermine what they are doing. Flair was dirty and won by interference, low blows, someone throwing him brass knuckles to knock someone out, etc. However, he also beat guys clean to remove any doubt that he could win clean if he really wanted to. You only win dirty to keep heat on you not to be the only way you can win.
Yup I 100% agree

A reminder that Smackdown is on FS1 tonight due to college football. According to Wrestletix they sold over 16,000 for tonight. Here's what's scheduled as of now.

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Judgment Day vs. The Street Profits.
Kevin Owens appearing on The Grayson Waller Effect.

A reminder that Smackdown is on FS1 tonight due to college football. According to Wrestletix they sold over 16,000 for tonight. Here's what's scheduled as of now.

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Judgment Day vs. The Street Profits.
Kevin Owens appearing on The Grayson Waller Effect.
Wait the bonehead said wwe isn’t selling tickets well 16k is pretty good for a holiday weekend

Speaking of cooling off - what’s going on with Jade Cargill? She was on tv like 9 times her first month and now…?

Smackdown was kinda meh. The Grayson Waller Effect is terrible and it's featured every. single. week. With Theory tied to Waller's hip, he's become a channel changer for me. Not sure what they're doing with KO but I don't like it. Less over the top and funny and more serious.

SD has been female heavy lately. Obviously because of the WarGames match but I'd like more Bloodline and Knight please. Not necessarily feuding, just in general.

WWE is golden for the next few months. Tix sales should remain solid through Dec. and then you've got the lead-up to the Rumble, then the Road to Mania and all the built-in hype. Triple H has probably been thinking, "This ain't that hard."

Those aew fanboys gotta agree

MJF vs 'Switchblade' Jay White is currently the lowest rated AEW PPV main event match of all time on Cagematch.net (4.05)

Honestly, I wasn't a fan of the match. Too much unnecessary drama, we knew Adam Cole was not gonna wrestle, we knew MJF would come out... Then MJF was selling an injury the whole match... None of that was needed.

Smackdown was kinda meh. The Grayson Waller Effect is terrible and it's featured every. single. week. With Theory tied to Waller's hip, he's become a channel changer for me. Not sure what they're doing with KO but I don't like it. Less over the top and funny and more serious.

SD has been female heavy lately. Obviously because of the WarGames match but I'd like more Bloodline and Knight please. Not necessarily feuding, just in general.

WWE is golden for the next few months. Tix sales should remain solid through Dec. and then you've got the lead-up to the Rumble, then the Road to Mania and all the built-in hype. Triple H has probably been thinking, "This ain't that hard."
Yup Waller and theory do nothing for me - I feel like wwe goes into lulls but come January things should get good again

Idk when but it’s pretty transparent damage control is going to turn on bayley but wwe is trying to set up angles through ss/rr/wm

Orton and punk returning at survivor series - wwe hasn’t been this good since we had peak shield and aj signing in 2016.

Triple H - Booker of the Year?

The return was inevitable. Love him or hate him, Punk has an IT factor that few currently match. He's far too big for TNA, Japan, and yes, AEW. People will talk about Punk's ego (and he's got one) but conveniently skip over the egos of some in the AEW locker room. On the WWE side, it feels like everyone is on the same page and Vince is no longer there to rewrite shit at 7:45 pm. I'm putting a guarantee out there - Punk isn't going to start anything in WWE, there will be no backstage brawls, and you won't hear 25 minute scrum curse-rants. There won't be real glass spots or backstabbing, middle school-like rumors because Triple H is in charge and everyone there knows that. Tony must've been off creating fantasy wrestling brackets as Jack Perry was wondering around telling everyone he was going to use actual glass. Now the Rumble, Mania, and WWE's entire 2024 just got more interesting.

And fwiw, no one should want AEW to fail. A ton of WWE's recent success is due to Triple H and wrestlers stepping up BUT competition will always make WWE better.

Reactions: Blueisbest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT