ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Because she tweeted out some Florence + The Machine lyrics?

People just like to fantasy book Sister Abigail and will look for anything to back it up.

There are several things both that she has tweeted and some things happening during the Firefly Fun House segments that is teasing this to be the case. There has been a woman's laugh during segments recently that sounds like Liv and Bray also hung a picture up on his wall where all his "friends" are that was a solid black picture. About the same time she changed her Twitter picture to a solid black pic. Those are just a couple of things that some people have picked up on.

I haven't watched last nights episode and didn't realize she was drafted to Raw. That was just what I was reading in some post over the weekend but I guess they were wrong.

I may have missed the discussion on here but saw on Twitter that the rumor is Liv Morgan undergoing a major character change and may become the Sister Abigail character and will be with Bray Wyatt.
The problem with that is, Liv Morgan is already a known person on the main roster. To all of a sudden throw her out there as Sister Abigail would be dumb. Wyatt somehow hasn't recognized her all this time? They would be better off making it someone that a lot of people are unfamiliar with.

Looks like Eric Bischoff is no longer with WWE they just put out a press release saying Bruce Prichard is now in charge of Smackdown.

Reportedly Tyson Fury is getting 15 million for the crown jewel match

I wanna go fight somebody for 15M. Anyone on the planet. I’d stand there, neck out, and let em deck me as hard as they could one time without guarding.

Reportedly Tyson Fury is getting 15 million for the crown jewel match

So Braun is making 1.2 million per year but they are paying Fury 15 million for 1 match? That sounds just like something Vince would do. If they want to pay guys more quit spending so much on the production of RAW and Smackdown. They spend millions per year in pyro, destroying things like cars and huge video boards when nobody cares about that stuff. Fans are there for the wrestling. If I want to see a big pyrotechnic show I will go to Disney World.

Not trying to defend Bischoff here, but something must have gone terribly wrong - or he must've said "to hell with this" - to lose (or quit) your job after 4 months.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Most likely Bischoff recognizes the mess he was in and said “not again”. Probably said something and Vince said GTFO.

You guys keep pretending AEW, as small as they are, is not messing with Vince as well as low ratings and his investors probably on his ass.

Finally got around to watching Smackdown and RAW and the Draft thing was beyond ridiculous. Trying to make it like the NFL or NBA draft by showing the "war rooms" reactions after draft picks were announced was a joke. And to act like anyone would pick Sasha Banks before Strowman, Ricochet or KO or that Samoa Joe would be picked behind Carmello, Humberto Carillo or Buddy Murphy is a stretch at best.

Reactions: KRJ1975
I think Vince is VERY concerned about AEW. He just isn't manifesting this concern into something good like he did when WCW started killing him in 1996-97.

Probably because he's in his 70s now and if you put as much Decadrol into your body as Vince has, you're bound to lose your mind before too long.

AEW just needs to keep doing what they're doing and keep the groundswell going. It's going to take sustained success for AEW to make enough money to put a dent in the empire, i.e. steal talent.

All Vince needs to right the ship is two Mt. Rushmore-type talents to come along at the same time and to scrap the entire way he handles creative. Nothing major.

All Vince needs to right the ship is two Mt. Rushmore-type talents to come along at the same time and to scrap the entire way he handles creative. Nothing major.
Right. He needs the next Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

*That's why they won, right? DX and nobody else? That's what the Network says anyway.

Raw used two draft picks on Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross when they could have taken them as a tag team then "traded" them to Smackdown for future draft picks (ie nothing).

Is James Dolan running Raw?

Raw used two draft picks on Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross when they could have taken them as a tag team then "traded" them to Smackdown for future draft picks (ie nothing).

Is James Dolan running Raw?
Jim Dolan would have taken Baron Corbin with his first pick.

(I assume that didn't happen? I never watch Raw because it's on trivia night)

Should be a fun night this evening, looks like AEW is following the New Japan idea of putting a lot of their top guys in tag matches every week.

AEW World Championship Match - Philadelphia Street Fight
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Darby Allin

AEW Women's Championship Match
Riho (c) vs. Britt Baker

AEW World Tag Team Titles Tournament First Round Match
SoCal Uncensored vs. Best Friends

AEW World Tag Team Titles Tournament First Round Match
Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express

Jon Moxley and PAC vs. Kenny Omega and "Hangman" Adam Page

NXT for tonight
Pete Dunne vs. Damien Priest.

Keith Lee vs. Dominick Divakovich in their "rubber match."

Tommaso Ciampa's return to the ring vs. Angel Garza.

Tegan Nox returns to the ring from injury.

Should be a fun night this evening, looks like AEW is following the New Japan idea of putting a lot of their top guys in tag matches every week.

Jon Moxley and PAC vs. Kenny Omega and "Hangman" Adam Page

Not a fan of this and hated it when WWE does the opposite with tag teams. Mox and Omega have been attacking each other for months now, when they get in the ring together it should be a big deal, instead it's a meaningless tag match.

Top guys in a tag team can work in limited circumstances. Forcing Austin to be in tag teams in '97 was a good way to set up his HBK feud, for instance.

My hope is that it can just devolve into an angle. Like Kenny tags in and just brawls with Moxley to do a non-finish so he can finally get one over on him.

Yeah, I expect that match doesn’t start or turns into chaos. I’m still waiting for Moxley to get some promo time on tv.

I’m excited for the Philly crowd.

I don't mind the tag team deal - beats the WWE approach of having guys wrestle 98 singles matches to set up their singles match at a PPV and then continuing that "feud" with a singles match the next night on Raw.

Reactions: K-mac18 and WeWant9
Being reported Luchasauras is injured and will be replaced by Marko Stunt.

Also Taz is going to do commentary for AEW dark this week.

h32y2pn4sjs31.png

I wouldn’t draft any woman over any man unless they were gonna put em in a bikini contest or night gown match. You want ratings? Show more tits and ass. Pretty simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT