ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

The correct answer. If you can make Limp Biscuit (i'm not spelling it their way) work for anything then it must be damn good.
The Debra stuff. AUSTIN'S WIFE'S MANAGING THE ROCK? Otherwise it's the perfect angle. But they just can't help but think people want one more layer than "champion has belt, challenger wants belt", even though Austin and Rock didn't need layers.

This is pure. And in hindsight, a pretty big warning that Austin was going heel.

I think part of the problem with WWE women's wrestling is that they have been awful at storylines/character development/etc. NXT apparently did/does a much better job (surprise!). My future second wife Alexa Bliss is really the only woman who has been "better" outside of NXT.

Here's my question if any of you live in Tennessee...

Did Kane's mayoral opponents use kayfabe in their hate ads like Chris Murphy did when he ran against Linda McMahon for the Connecticut Senate seat?

Is Glenn Jacobs fit to be mayor of Knox County? Why don't we ask Katie Vick? We could ask her...if she hadn't been murdered and had her corpse summarily violated...BY GLENN JACOBS.

(grainy black and white footage of Kane electrocuting Shane McMahon in the ballsack)

Paul Bearer, for some reason: OHHHHHHHH, YESSSSSSSSSS!

(grainy black and white footage of Kane setting Jim Ross on fire)

Glenn Jacobs. Murderer. Necrophiliac. Sadist. Arsonist. Mayor?

From the Nov. 8th 1999 Wrestling Observer

"Freddy Sabaugh, whose father Gary wrestles as The Italian Stallion, got a lot of local media attention on 10/27 after being bit by a donkey at the Carolina Renaissance Festival in Charlotte. He's okay, but needed some rabies shots."

THIS IS RASSLIN *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Why was that news? Did George South's son have a boring week or something?
From reading the recap, it was a very slow week. Russo was wrecking WCW (but not in an over the top so bad it's still bad but kinda funny way), Beyond the Mat hadn't come out yet, lot of maintenance booking in WWF as Russo had just left and Terry Taylor was clucking mad about not being made head booker.

scott-steiner-suplexes-lex-luger.gif

Lex, honey. [laughing] Damn near blinded Steiner, apparently. Broke his sunglasses right into his eye socket. And you know Lex let out a giant "HUWOWUGH!" when he took that "bump"

Last edited:
there's a few 40 somethings out there that love WWF and late 90s rasslin that have a Limp Biscuits tattoo and feel pretty ****ing stupid/regretful right now.

20 years ago Thursday was Heatwave 1998, holy crap, what a great show except for Shane Douglas on commentary CUT THE F'N MUSIC HA HA!

It's also the latest episode of Tony Schiavone's podcast. "This is that f'n New Jack. Here comes a Cadillac full of fat guys to beat up New Jack!"

Reactions: K-mac18
15 favorite SummerSlam matches

1. Kurt Angle vs. Steve Austin (2001)
2. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (1994)
3. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (2002)
4. Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk (2013)
5. Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (1992)
6. Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (1995)
7. TLC (2000)
8. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena (2013)
9. The Rock vs. Triple H (1998)
10. Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect (1991)
11. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar (2003)
12. Brain Busters vs. Hart Foundation (1989)
13. Rick Rude vs. Ultimate Warrior (1989)
14. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho (2000)
15. Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio (2002)

If HBK was Mr. WrestleMania, Bret was Mr. SummerSlam.

Austin going heel killed the business, but he was so entertaining and his matches were so good during that run.

1998 still the most fun show overall with the Highway to Hell stuff. But that was all about the angles and the list is all about the in-ring stuff.

When BKH posted the greatest match promo things the other day, I though that SummerSlam Highway to Hell would be the clear cut winner. I went back and looked at it and . . . nope. It’s not what I remembered it to be. Sorta cool, but not on the level of the others he posted.

That opening PPV package is part of what WWE's missing today. I mean, the great story to build to said PPV is also what they're missing, but modern promo packages (if they even get used) are awful

That #4 Brock/CM Punk was unreal considering the shit they do with Brock today.

Damn I wish Punk wasn’t such a shithead

HBK: You think this is all yours, Mark Man!

Narrator: Shawn also thought this was all his. It wasn't his. Or Bret's. It was Austin's.

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
20 years ago Thursday was Heatwave 1998, holy crap, what a great show except for Shane Douglas on commentary CUT THE F'N MUSIC HA HA!

It's also the latest episode of Tony Schiavone's podcast. "This is that f'n New Jack. Here comes a Cadillac full of fat guys to beat up New Jack!"

Going to have to check that out just to hear Tony talk about ECW.

As I have mentioned before I went to 98 and 99, thought for sure the Dudleyz had started a full scale riot.

Not sure why but I got a feeling SummerSlam is going to be very good.

WWE has been awful this year, even Wrestle Mania was weak (worst in years) but I see story/lines being put together on SD now like in mid summer of 2016, Road Dogg getting stuff done since mid June, and over on Raw they are going all in on Star Power.

Hell just AJ vs Joe for the title alone you pay the 9.99 watching it live this mouth pays for the payment IMO.

On one of Shawn's DVDs, I don't remember if it was his wife or Triple H or Jericho, but one of them said something to the effect of "Never let Shawn Michaels dress himself."

skysports-shawn-michaels-elimination-chamber-wwe-survivor-series-2002_3828127.jpg

Explains so much.
Actually the reason for those pants, and short hair, was he wasn’t expecting to return as soon as he was asked to. The girl that did his pants only had that much of it done so he just went with it. He knew it looked bad lol.

^^^ MEH!!

Like most WWE shows the wrestling itself is going to be good but more than likely the booking will be crap.

As I said a few posts back I think the Takeover Show could end up being the best one ever.

So it was announced yesterday the first hour of the All In Show will be broadcast live on WGN. The entire show is on Fite TV.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
^ Did I also see that it will be available through traditional PPV?

I watched first 30 minutes and changed the channel. Raw is too long and most nights not worth watching. I will stick to SD.

At this point either put the belt on Roman or just let Brock keep it forever. The Universal title is a joke championship anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT