ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Oh and to a degree a perk of being a champ should be not wrestling every show. Lowers the value of actually seeing the champ.

I will tell you that WM was great overall, but for the whole weekend I dropped 3K basically because my kids wanted to see UT live.......guess what that means I get 1 shot and because WWE booked it the way they did we “didn’t know” if he was even going to show. That my friend was awesome and my kids lost their minds being 70 feet from the guy.

If he was on every show I wouldn’t have paid a dime.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
Looks like I missed out on quite the talk over the last couple of days.
One thing that could help WWE going forward if they end up on Fox then Raw will go back to a two hour show.

They don't want to be on three hours but USA pays their bills and that's what they want.

Ric Flair hardly wrestled on TV but still appeared every week, if you know the champ is never going to be on then what is the point of watching.

Still won't be surprised if Reigns wins at the Saudi Arabia event.

mongo-takes-a-powerslam.gif

wcw_desires.jpg

If they take Rollins and Balor to SmackDown, Raw will suck balls and that has been the A show for quite some time.

I doubt Rollins moves considering the Monday Night Rollins merch. Hardy probably goes to SD.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Wonder who is going to end up on Smackdown now that 147 people seemingly moved to Raw last night.
They had a Suzuki match on the New Japan program last week, he really is a great heel.

What exactly have they done with Balor on Raw?
Nothing and it’s bullshit. Not only that but they acted like they were going to form the Bullet Club 2.0 with Balor Club but that last 2 episodes and they haven’t been together since. So freaking stupid.

Balor is one of the best talents they have but they’re trying their hardest to screw him up (continuing to lose to Rollins, dropping Bálor Club and now turning him into a LBGTQ lover). Balor should have gotten the IC belt. At the least he should feud with Rollins and win the belt af some pound. Then have Braun win the title against Lesnar and have Rollins challenge Braun for the belt and eventually win after a few failed attempts and some outside interference from a surprise returning Ambrose.

Meanwhile Roman can feud with Nia for the woman’s title lol. They’d be a good fit size wise.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
They had him with The Shield, had him in a tag title feud, then put the IC strap on him. I'd say he's probably going to be in the main title hunt in a few months.

On RAW? I get the feeling behind the scenes RAW is Vince’s which is why you see all the bigger monster looking going there.

Meanwhile SD is getting the actual talented guys. Balor fits perfect with Miz, Bryan, AJ, Nak(even though I am not a fan), and probably Jeff Hardy now.

Should be interesting to see who fills out that roster.

Nothing and it’s bullshit. Not only that but they acted like they were going to form the Bullet Club 2.0 with Balor Club but that last 2 episodes and they haven’t been together since. So freaking stupid.

Balor is one of the best talents they have but they’re trying their hardest to screw him up (continuing to lose to Rollins, dropping Bálor Club and now turning him into a LBGTQ lover). Balor should have gotten the IC belt. At the least he should feud with Rollins and win the belt af some pound. Then have Braun win the title against Lesnar and have Rollins challenge Braun for the belt and eventually win after a few failed attempts and some outside interference from a surprise returning Ambrose.

Meanwhile Roman can feud with Nia for the woman’s title lol. They’d be a good fit size wise.

Braun has had just as many chances at the title as Reigns did. Him beating Brock is a wasted spot at this time.

But Balor becoming this LGBT stuff is awful. There was no reason for it other than to make a statement and try to get some corporate exposure or what not. No one has ever said gays couldn't watch wrestling or be Finn Balor fans. lol I don't know who that was supposedly directed toward. It just made a statement when one didn't need to be sad.

Like when are Balor shirt proceeds going to GLAAD? Why does that even exist and why does it need money? What are they spending it on other than to pay the salaries of activists?

On RAW? I get the feeling behind the scenes RAW is Vince’s which is why you see all the bigger monster looking going there.

Meanwhile SD is getting the actual talented guys. Balor fits perfect with Miz, Bryan, AJ, Nak(even though I am not a fan), and probably Jeff Hardy now.

Should be interesting to see who fills out that roster.

They're stacking SD too much now. Raw needs more than Braun, Reigns, Joe and Jinder. They will go from one extreme to another.

For those of you that watched Memphis Rasslin during the ICW war...(Note: I do the art for the show, so if you ever need fun art done...)

http://kfrpod.com/2018/04/17/episode-18-icw-invasion/

EPISODE 18: ICW INVASION

Freak out! Scott Bowden is back, right alongside ringside and ready to go with another BIG day of the KFR podcast! This week, KFR is invaded by one of the most infamous performers in the short-but-memorable history of International Championship Wrestling: the leader of the Slapowitz Syndicate, Izzy Slapowitz.

Over the course of nearly 90 minutes, Izzy will reveal how he went from being a boisterous wrestling fan backing the bad guys in Brooklyn to a heat magnet as a manager in the Bible Belt of Tennessee and Kentucky. Izzy will also share his memories of working in Memphis alongside the ICW band of outlaws, including his own “Devil’s Duo” as well as “The One Man Gang” Ronnie Garvin, ICW World champion Randy “Macho Man” Savage, “Hustler” Rip Rogers, Bob Orton Jr., and The Miser (Angelo Poffo).

The former braided pawnbroker will also share stories about Bill Dundee and The Dream Machine (Troy Graham), and Izzy explain why he felt uncomfortable with the shoot promos the ICW stars cut on Jerry Jarrett’s crew. You’ve heard the Jarrett side of the ICW invasion in Memphis—now you get the story from one of the men who lived it! Doing the thing!

Braun has had just as many chances at the title as Reigns did. Him beating Brock is a wasted spot at this time.

But Balor becoming this LGBT stuff is awful. There was no reason for it other than to make a statement and try to get some corporate exposure or what not. No one has ever said gays couldn't watch wrestling or be Finn Balor fans. lol I don't know who that was supposedly directed toward. It just made a statement when one didn't need to be sad.

Like when are Balor shirt proceeds going to GLAAD? Why does that even exist and why does it need money? What are they spending it on other than to pay the salaries of activists?
Braun deserves that title. He’s the most over guy they have imo. And one of the very few must see wrestlers.

Braun deserves that title. He’s the most over guy they have imo. And one of the very few must see wrestlers.

Until they get bored five minutes later. “He does the same stuff every match. I want Daniel Bryan or Rollins or Aleister Black or whatever new guy comes, to beat him.”

Right now, Strowman is fourth in t-shirts sold and fifth in merch, I believe. AJ is No. 1. Reigns is 2. New Day 3, Balor 4, Strowman 5.

I like Strowman though. There’s a video of him last year playing basketball and it’s funny as hell. But people’s attention spans are short and they pine for someone new in no time.

I think smarks have way too much of a hard on for the titles. Maybe even more than the actual roster does.

Until they get bored five minutes later. “He does the same stuff every match. I want Daniel Bryan or Rollins or Aleister Black or whatever new guy comes, to beat him.”

Right now, Strowman is fourth in t-shirts sold and fifth in merch, I believe. AJ is No. 1. Reigns is 2. New Day 3, Balor 4, Strowman 5.

I like Strowman though. There’s a video of him last year playing basketball and it’s funny as hell. But people’s attention spans are short and they pine for someone new in no time.

I think smarks have way too much of a hard on for the titles. Maybe even more than the actual roster does.
But that’s the thing, Braun seems to do something new each week that makes you say “holy shit I can’t believe he did that.” His size and athleticism is crazy.

Miz
Jeff Hardy
Absolution
Samoa Joe
Plus Shelton Benjamin heel turn
So far as part of SD superstar shakeup...
Sanity from NXT
Big Cass
Asuka
Anderson/Gallows
The Bar
Andrade Almas

Last edited:
Bored of Braun? I really wonder what it is you see in Roman that makes you think anyone is going to get bored of Braun.

Also, I got me a “Get these hands” T at WM. Braun is far from boring and brings that element of believable that Brock does in that I think he’d squash everyone, and should!

He is improving at talking and is getting over with the kids too.

Bored of Braun? I really wonder what it is you see in Roman that makes you think anyone is going to get bored of Braun.

Also, I got me a “Get these hands” T at WM. Braun is far from boring and brings that element of believable that Brock does in that I think he’d squash everyone, and should!

I hate to break it to you but it took his feud with Reigns to show how good this monster can be. His Reigns feud last summer was the best thing in WWE in over 5 years.

Cena can't ,make superstars as face for over 12 years. It took Reigns just 2 years.

Now I know Braun is over and most now is by himself, I do think the belt should be on him. However you can't go wrong with Reigns as he can make Stars to.

You do know that feud was supposed to get Roman over right? Sure the outcome was a backfire and Braun benefitted from it......because he flipped an ambulance with Roman in it.

Fans hated Roman so bad that what was supposed to draw sympathy for him was cheered.

Are we seriously going to argue that fans are bored and want something new every five minutes? As soon as one guy has the title, they’re hoping for someone else.

I’ve seen it with Rollins, Ambrose, Nak, Brock, it changes all the time with what smarks want. Wait and see how bored they become if Braun goes over everyone all the time like Brock and every match looks the same with the same moves and then they start pining again for a 5-foot-9 guy.

This undeniably always occurs in WWE.

No we aren’t going to argue that.

But that has NOTHING to do with why Roman is booed out of every building he walks into.

When you try and kayfabe kill someone after you lose is not going for sympathy. Reigns told a good story and got pinned clean in most matches. They had great matches and Reigns the face did a great job in making look like A BIG GUY like Stroman a HEEL was better then he was. A true Monster

Hard to do.

alright the shakeup worked out well, I really hope my boss gives me Tuesday off so I can go

Let’s you off? F him!

Not a fan of Jeff Hardy, the guy can not sustain a run and looks like a 70 yr old. The leg that was hurt tonight wasn’t even the one Shelton got in a submission, yet it was hurt bad enough that when thrown into the ropes Jeff simply stopped before bouncing into them.

Shelton carries that match the rest of the way honestly.

I can work with Joe being on SD, but Nak will not sustain heel heat the way crowds cheer for him. Not sure where Randy is in all this mess as he has simply floated along in the mid card about as meaningless as I’ve seen a top name do.

Cass was a solid addition and perfectly placed, and asuka helps but in a two hour show we don’t need 2-3 diva segments. The Bar will be a great addition as SD is the tag division which further cements my opinion earlier that Vince is still 100% hands on and all for SD and NXT to run however Shane/HHH choose.

Those shows do not have the talent that’s on RAW, but their shows are overall better on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT