ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Becky Lynch buries herself. Complaining about interference in MITB? She needs to learn history. She needs to turn heel. Whiny face making excuses isn't a good look.

They need to make Becky heel and have her feud with Charlotte - Becky is as stale as month old bread - I don't think she's really done anything since she dropped the title.

I am currently reading this. Just read the first four chapters. The cool part has been seeing that at one time Pro Wrestling may have been real but the con men quickly moved in and used pro wrestling as a way to make money fixing matches not just from selling tickets. I look forward to the rest of the book. I picked up Jim Cornette's book about Louisville as well.

Bluegrass Brawlers: The Story of Professional Wrestling in Louisville
Amazon product ASIN 1500147656

Anyone watch Glow yet? I love it so far two episodes in. Shows how the organizations come up with the heels and baby faces. Take a real life situation and put it in the ring.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
lol, they don't look that big till the top comes off and then it's like... WOW!

I was going to say something about Alison Brie and really great breasts, but Transy beat me to it.

Alison Brie has some really great breasts, though.

Joey Styles (on Dawn Marie): The distraction is the fake breasts at ringside.
Cyrus: Those are fake?
Joey: I assume. Is there a real pair in the business?
Cyrus: You and I are a real pair.

I watched all of GLOW and thought it was a great show. I really love these 80 era shows on Netflix

Men of WCW vs Women of Glow
wwe-family-feud.jpg

Sting, Tom Zenk, JR, Brian Pillman and Brad Armstrong.

Brad Armstrong, God rest his soul, looked like an unemployed ice cream truck driver here.

Reactions: TransyCat09
I can't find out how to post it directly, but Virgil "did" (a million quotation marks) a Canadian destroyer

Indie stiff: Okay, Bret. Put him in the figure 4 around the post and then I'll break it with a moonsault.

Bret Hart:

ad83ef3903e50f91fa26968659a1f0d0

Indie stiff: Okay, Bret. Put him in the figure 4 around the post and then I'll break it with a moonsault.

Bret Hart:

ad83ef3903e50f91fa26968659a1f0d0

I mean...after Bret turned heel he did a modified figure 4 to SCSA around the ring post on RAW but no moonsault was involved.

Tomorrow is the 4 hour NJPW US G1 special live on axs including Okada/Cody and the opening round of the US title tournament.

Pretty stoked for the show tonight..have the show from last night recorded. They are showing recent New Japan shows all day today on AXS TV.

On another note TNA-Impact is no more, going forward it will be Global Force Wrestling

Harley!

They need to bring back the jobber squash. Like one per every Raw/SD show. It works and it helps. It really does.

Favorite wrestlers to watch in squash matches:

5. Road Warriors
4. Vader
3. Undertaker
2. Goldberg
1. Steiner Brothers

Paul Heyman when he managed the Samoan Swat Team (another nasty team for squashes) said that job guys would no-show when they found out they were working the Steiners in those TBS studio shows.

I may have posted this before, but I help out with a few old school podcasts.

If you grew up with Memphis wrestling, you probably remember Austin Idol. Here's the link to his podcast:

http://austinidolpod.com/

Do you like old school wrestling knowledge along with some absurd characters, check out the 605 Superpodcast, one of the top ten wrestling podcasts out there

http://605pod.com

Do you like crazy stories that you aren't sure if they're true or not? Listen to the Kingpin of Podcasts - Kenny Bolin

http://bolinpod.com

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Mick Foley said "People would show up to tapings in Atlanta and see they were being squashed by Vader, they would just leave the building and quit the business altogether. And no one thought less of them"

Reactions: CoreyDavis
I may have posted this before, but I help out with a few old school podcasts.

Do you like old school wrestling knowledge along with some absurd characters, check out the 605 Superpodcast, one of the top ten wrestling podcasts out there

http://605pod.com
Dude. I love the 605 podcast. I especially love when you guys show Jim Cornette stuff he's never seen before, like this AMAZING match between Rip Hawk and Billy Jackson.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Dude. I love the 605 podcast. I especially love when you guys show Jim Cornette stuff he's never seen before, like this AMAZING match between Rip Hawk and Billy Jackson.

Then you probably know who I am, lol.

I'll tell Brian you like it. We'll be talking tomorrow.

Also, I'm hoping to be working on a neat design with Corny that'll help the Crusade.

I've enjoyed the New Japan marathon on AXS. The second Okada vs. Omega match was outstanding, better than the first. When you do a rematch of a classic match, you have to do the Austin/Bret thing where the big moves that happened in the first match get countered in the second match, and they did that. They've also set up a great built-in story for the inevitable third match, which is that Okada needs to debut a new move more powerful than the Rainmaker or else he's going to lose, which is a classic Japan thing where guys build and build until they drop guys on their heads.

But my biggest takeaway from watching all this wrestling is f the Young Bucks.

F the Young Bucks hard.

on Bruce Prichards podcast he says that while CM Punk is straight edge, after a show in Missouri on Harley Race's birthday, everyone ordered shots to celebrate and Cm Punk took a shot too. Just out of respect

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I've enjoyed the New Japan marathon on AXS. The second Okada vs. Omega match was outstanding, better than the first. When you do a rematch of a classic match, you have to do the Austin/Bret thing where the big moves that happened in the first match get countered in the second match, and they did that. They've also set up a great built-in story for the inevitable third match, which is that Okada needs to debut a new move more powerful than the Rainmaker or else he's going to lose, which is a classic Japan thing where guys build and build until they drop guys on their heads.

But my biggest takeaway from watching all this wrestling is f the Young Bucks.

F the Young Bucks hard.

They didn't add anything to the match - they were bona fide cheerleaders.

They didn't add anything to the match - they were bona fide cheerleaders.
And then in the 10-man tag to start the live show, they did a lot of stuff. I just happen to really, really hate their stuff. I hate it when heels wrestle like faces. Faces wrestling like heels is okay, but it doesn't work the other way around. They're pop hunters.

Juice Robinson vs. Zack Sabre Jr. has been my favorite of the underneath matches so far on the live show. I didn't care much for Juice when he wrestled as CJ Parker on NXT but he's found himself and the Japanese always put him with good opponents.

The tag team they call GOD should have been called the Meng Dynasty because they're Haku's sons. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Reactions: GhostVol
That Austin Idol podcast is dope. I never he quit because he was making coin in real estate.

Glad your listening. He loves hearing it!

Not spoiling it, but he has a couple of great guests coming up in the next couple of weeks! I think everyone will enjoy

As a fan, I wish WWE would develop a way to work together with NJPW, ROH, etc.

I understand business, but at some point they need to recognize that performers improve when they travel and get that experience.

HHH might get there when Vince is gone. But I think you can find a way to work with promotions to say, "Hey, give this guy we're releasing a shot."

More importantly, when they sign a guy give something back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT