ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

TWJvnXz.jpg

For $50 Flair will sell you this and sign it...

Thought the Braun-Elias thing was hilarious.

I also laughed when the crowd chanted "YES" when Angle said Jason Jordan was going to be out and miss Wrestlemania.

If you spend $200 at Ric Flair's website he will call your sweetheart on Valentine's Day.

I also laughed when the crowd chanted "YES" when Angle said Jason Jordan was going to be out and miss Wrestlemania.

That was ridiculous. Wrestling fans still can't figure out there's a difference in not liking the way a character is presented and not liking an actual person.

Being reported in a couple of places beginning with Backlash in May there will be no more brand split PPV's. Every one going forward will have both Raw and
Smackdown people on them.

Thought the Braun-Elias thing was hilarious.

If you spend $200 at Ric Flair's website he will call your sweetheart on Valentine's Day.

Pfffttt, for $50, Tommy Rich will call you AND you get a shirt!

Pfffttt, for $50, Tommy Rich will call you AND you get a shirt!
I have feeling Tommy Rich will do a lot for $50 these days.

My friend's dad used to taunt his wife (friend's mom) by calling Tommy, "Tubby Rich". Don't know why but it tickles the hell out of me every time he mentions it

So RAW will have a 7-man #1 contender match and Smackdown will have a 5-man title match?
Somebody needs to tell WWE sometimes less is more...

Reactions: Col. Angus
Your yard mowed, car washed, a HJ....
All that for $50 is a really good deal.
So RAW will have a 7-man #1 contender match and Smackdown will have a 5-man title match?
Just throw the entire roster into the ring for a 100 man match. See if anyone can execute a body slam.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I do love how Kota Ibushi basically never signs contracts with anybody, is a perpetual free agent so that he can have the freedom to do stuff like wrestle with go-carts or have a match in a swamp or wrestle a blow-up doll.

I swear I think WWE was going to have him win the Cruiserweight Classic, but he said no thanks so he could do insane stuff in Japan. But then whenever he does get in the ring for serious matches, he tears the house down every night.

Probably trying to get all the men on the card since they have to have like 2-3 women's matches a night now....but good lord, a fatal 5 way with smackdown's depleted roster is ridiculous. All of their top guys are in that match except for Orton, Roode, and Nakamura.

Kinda glad to hear about no more split PPVs. Hopefully we won't get so many repeat feuds and maybe the rosters will step it up and try to make their characters and feuds more interesting since there will be more competition for tv time.

I'll say it again....

They have done an admirable job improving the women's division. However, I don't need or want consecutive women's matches on a show. I don't need the women in every stipulation match the men have.

How long until we get TLC?

The 12-year old in me wants to make crude jokes about a first blood match sponsored by Tampax.

Hair v hair?

Enough. Don't cram it down my throat. Give me a small amount of quality matches. I don't need equity. Just entertain me. Don't try to enlighten me.

Rich Swann officially got "future endeavored" today...

I do have to say now that Crazy Grandpa isn't in charge of 205 Live it is a whole lot better show to watch.

Rumor now is that once they go back to combined monthly PPVs they’ll all be 4 hours with a 1 hour/2 match preshow. So if you’re keeping up, 3 hour football game: too long, 4 hour wrestling ppv: not long enough.

I'll say it again....

They have done an admirable job improving the women's division. However, I don't need or want consecutive women's matches on a show. I don't need the women in every stipulation match the men have.

How long until we get TLC?

The 12-year old in me wants to make crude jokes about a first blood match sponsored by Tampax.

Hair v hair?

Enough. Don't cram it down my throat. Give me a small amount of quality matches. I don't need equity. Just entertain me. Don't try to enlighten me.

The issue with the women’s thing is that it’s the same issue that the men have with PPVs like TLC and HIAC. If multiple matches do it, it takes away from it. Bores the fans.

I support a women’s MITB. I don’t support a women’s EC. Not necessary.

What they should do is put the big 4 or 5 events on ppv and only have the world titles defended on those shows.

The other shows be on the network and be for #1 contender or secondary titles. That might clear up some of the logjam to have several people in the main event.

Got an email to upgrade our seats at WM for an extra $100 a seat.

Moving down a whole section which is about 40-50 rows!

Can’t wait

Vince should have it in his contract that Gronk plays weekends for the XFL and does Raw or whatever for WWE. Pay him what he wants.

Reactions: K-mac18
These days there are few things that would shock me in wrestling but this is one of them. Had been hearing this was going to happen.

Well, at least Koko B Ware isn't the first Memphis wrestler people will think of when they ask whether a guy deserves to be in the HoF or not. Congrats, Double J

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT