ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas movies

Pickle_Rick

Senior
Oct 8, 2017
Since Hallmark, and Lifetime, have been showing chick flick Christmas movies since oh.... July 4th, I think the forum should nominate some movies those of us with jingle bells would like to see.

I'll start us off with

1) Die Hard. Best Christmas movie ever made.
2) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
3) Die Hard II
4) Krampus. Who doesnt think the holidays can. be scary?
5) Home Alone.
6) you'll have to help me with this one. Forget the name. Kid wants a bb gun. Old man gets a leg lamp.
7) Bad Santa

Feel free to add your favorite movie. Bonus points for favorite cartoon. Obviously, How the Grinch Stole Christmas is the best. Not that horrid live action one. The one with Boris Karloff.

The Polar Express. My son was 4 when it came out. We took him to the theater to see it and have watched it every year since.

How can Die Hard not be a Christmas movie when it prominently features a Santa hat and “HO HO HO”?

source.gif

Reactions: KyCatFan
Those who believe Die Hard is a Christmas movie are probably liberals. Speaks volumes.

Top 5...
Christmas Carol...Alastair Sim version
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Miracle on 34th St....original
Charlie Brown Christmas

Four Christmas
Scrooged
Bad santa
Christmas vacation

This is a very underrated list. (Well, not Xmas Vacay). But you rarely hear about Scrooged for being an amazing performance by Murray.

And Four Christmases is never talked about. While it's not going to win any awards, Vince Vaughn just nails it. Great small performances by some GOATs: Duval and Voight.. not to mention Spacek, Favreau, McGraw, Steenburgen.

I'm torn on Diehard. Sure, it's a Christmas movie and it's great. But christ, STFU about it. We've known this for over a decade. Let's move on.

Scrooge-1971 with Albert Finney. It's a musical but still really good.
The Little Drummer Boy - claymation from 1968. Good story, doesn't get the publicity of Rudolph.
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale - This one's out in left field.

Also, The Nightmare Before Christmas is a full on Christmas movie using the Die Hard logic.

This is a very underrated list. (Well, not Xmas Vacay). But you rarely hear about Scrooged for being an amazing performance by Murray.

And Four Christmases is never talked about. While it's not going to win any awards, Vince Vaughn just nails it. Great small performances by some GOATs: Duval and Voight.. not to mention Spacek, Favreau, McGraw, Steenburgen.
Four christmases is laugh out loud funny. Watched it Friday night. If you have never seen it you are missing out

Traditional: A Christmas Story, Scrooged, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Garfield Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Muppet Christmas Carol, A Christmas Carol (1951 and 1984), South Park's "Woodland Winter Christmas", The Office's "Christmas Party" and "A Benihana Christmas", Sienfeld's "The Strike", 30 Rock's "Ludachristmas", The Simpsons's "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire", "Marge Be Not Proud", "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace", and "Gift of the Magi".

Non-traditional: Batman Returns, Gremlins, Die Hard, Home Alone, Edward Scissorhands.

I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, or Bad Santa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT