ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack to Louisville

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why UL has a basketball program at this point. Concoct a worse set of NCAA violations, I dare you.

Reactions: Bardstown
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why UL has a basketball program at this point. Concoct a worse set of NCAA violations, I dare you.

UK point shaved in the 50’s. Paid players in the 80’s. Pitino took the job when nobody else would.

Red Feather faithful saying that that Mack is a top coach who wanted to take a step 'up from X so he jumped at the chance to coach at such a BB powerhouse. They're saying Tyra hit a home run and they like their new AD now.

Last edited:
Neither are great hires. Tyra no experience at all. No contacts. Kinda a nepotism hire by Grissom. Tied at the hip with his hero Jurich. Would bet he got on Mack from Jurich who had him as a potential hire. Need more than an Xavier 97 loss guy to get back up the ACC. Too many other better choices or players. More probation on the way. Attendance and donations way down. Fans fractured. Alumni disgusted.

Louisville basketball may get the death penalty. So he may get paid for a year or two and not even have to do any coaching.

They will get nothing. No one left from old regime, no recruit was officially paid, and several other schools like Kentucky are on the radar with tons of leaks left to come.

The worst is over. Not sure how good Mack will be, but additional NCAA sanctions are at this point impossible. Only rival fanbases are holding onto that false hope.

Hate U6 as much as the next guy just saying it's a good choice for them...love it on this site that idiots will call somebody a troll or not a UK fan because you don't agree with every little whim some of you post...grow the hell up.
You're an angry negative man most of the time. Hate to see that because at one time you seemed much more positive.

They will get nothing. No one left from old regime, no recruit was officially paid, and several other schools like Kentucky are on the radar with tons of leaks left to come.

The worst is over. Not sure how good Mack will be, but additional NCAA sanctions are at this point impossible. Only rival fanbases are holding onto that false hope.
Dream on. UL is going to hit harder this second time through. Death penalty will be discussed. Worst repeat offender in recent history and did not accept their medicine the first time. They will get smoked. No sympathy for their deplorable transgressions

Reactions: Pewee Cat
Dream on. UL is going to hit harder this second time through. Death penalty will be discussed. Worst repeat offender in recent history and did not accept their medicine the first time. They will get smoked. No sympathy for their deplorable transgressions

Sure man. Whatever you say. Nevermind anyone they could punish is gone, and there are dozens of schools (including UK) involved. So yeah... I'm going with highly doubtful, but I understand why you're dying for it to happen. All UK fans are. Don't blame ya.

Last edited:
UCONN has more championships than UL at this point so why wouldn't that be a better job. Granted their first one was in the 90's but still I don't see how UL is one of the top coaching jobs.

Sure man. Whatever you say. Nevermind anyone they could punish is gone, and there are dozens of schools (including UK) involved. So yeah... I'm going with highly doubtful, but I understand why you're dying for it to happen. All UK fans are. Don't blame ya.

Seriously, it doesn't matter that everyone got fired, in fact that is not a good thing for Louisville. The case for Louisville is much worse than other schools too based off the fact that it just got hit with a major infraction and now facing another while on probation.

I think it's a fair assumption that Louisville, Arizona, Auburn, and whoever that other school was is in deep trouble. If the FBI proves it the ncaa will have to punish. Usually it's up to them with very limited resources to prove things but this is a easy case with the fbi doing the investigating. I'm not sure the other schools (including UK) have much to worry about, that info was more less hear say where as the ones that came out last fall have taped conversations recorded by the fbi against them.

According to the link (in this thread) Mack was making $1.6 million and upped it to $4 million. A good jump and probably not a bad hire on Louisville's end with what is coming. He is going to have a hard time recruiting and it may for not for a while.

According to the link (in this thread) Mack was making $1.6 million and upped it to $4 million. A good jump and probably not a bad hire on Louisville's end with what is coming. He is going to have a hard time recruiting and it may for not for a while.
Xavier was offering 3.2 mill. I’d say it was more the family than the money

Reactions: JohnBlue_
Dream on...you guys are irrevaliant for a while. And somebody is going to pay for unccheat's cheating ...it might as well be U6.!!

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan

You are a moron.

Your former coach is on the hook for offering 100,000 dollars through Adidas to a recruit. This while your program was paying for hookers for recruits and players. You retained the regime through the season in order to compete. The players weren't going to play if not.

The ncaa just nailed your ass with the worst penalty that's ever been handed down and they haven't even reviewed the 100,000 dollar ordeal.

You kept Pitino through it all, only firing him when it was so bad you couldn't keep him.

You are f'd, but keep being naive. It will make it that much sweeter when your b* ass gets pumped full yet again.

Kentucky is not involved in the Bam ordeal. That was a runner working through NCState where he never played. Sorry, the only POS here with stink all over them is UL. The ONLY program in history to be stripped of a cheated title.

Idiots.

And start paying for the yum center and stop sucking off the teet of UK fans. Your whole rogue institution is a sham.

I would have stayed put for that. He had something at Xavier that will be hard to build at Louisville.
You really believe that? Tour Louisville’s facilities and then tour Xavier’s. Look at their conferences. In the long run the ceiling is way higher at U of L. Just because you hate them doesn’t mean you have to lie to yourself.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I see Xavier dusting off thads phone number and bringing him back after bombing at ost

They asked to speak to Payne for PR purposes only: 'See how non-racist we are?'

I think Tyra too care of that during the press conference. Jerry Eaves asked him about hiring a black coach and Tyra settled that by saying....I have many black friends. That is a direct quote. I nearly choked when I heard it because it is such a cliche but he did say it.

yeah keep telling yourself that [laughing]

You really believe that? Tour Louisville’s facilities and then tour Xavier’s. Look at their conferences. In the long run the ceiling is way higher at U of L. Just because you hate them doesn’t mean you have to lie to yourself.

Lie to myself, are you on drugs?

I guess you need a refresher course concerning the Louisville program. They just got hit with a major infraction and before the ncaa could finalize the punishment committed a second major infraction while on prohibition. They are looking at 4-6 years before getting past this, any coach would have a extremely hard time being successful in that environment and if he isn't he won't last. This is a huge risk for his career, he could have stayed at X and rode the high to a better job while coaching with good success for that program or risked it all and go to ul.

In all this is something that really pisses me off.
Several former UL players openly spoke about the need for UL to hire a Black coach.
I posted the other day after Tyra said he wanted to talk to Kenny Payne it was only a token gesture to please others.

UL and Tyra had no intention of hiring or even considering Kenny Payne.
Why in the hell is not something the media calls out?
This is from a school deeply in one scandal after another, and the need to have a clean image is a must. With all the BS going on these days with people calling others out for racism, sexism, you name it, why is this not being called out?
UL owes Kenny an apology in my book. You don't do crap like this. All a publicly stunt.
But its not racist to use him this way to please others!
Screw Tyra and UL.
Hang in there Kenny Payne; you will get yours day from a real school.

That's pretty much how every hiring process in the NFL goes.

Bring in some black coaches to hit your quota and waste their time, then hire the other coach you knew you would hire all along.

I guess you need a refresher course concerning the Louisville program. They just got hit with a major infraction and before the ncaa could finalize the punishment committed a second major infraction while on prohibition. They are looking at 4-6 years before getting past this, any coach would have a extremely hard time being successful in that environment and if he isn't he won't last. This is a huge risk for his career, he could have stayed at X and rode the high to a better job while coaching with good success for that program or risked it all and go to ul.
I doubt Xavier makes the tourney next year. It was either grab the $28m now or wait at least two years before maybe sniffing such an opportunity.

I think its a good hire for the dirty birds. Only time will tell if he can be successful there, but the guy had a pretty damn good resume at Xavier and put together a top 5 team with a limited recruiting base. I would love for him to get in there and change the environment there to make the rivalry at least somewhat civil like it was back in the Crum days.

Mack is proven to be a good coach.

He's not going to be a Mike Davis....but he could be a Tom Crean or Tubby Smith level for them.

Rick Pitino is one of the greatest coaches ever. Every team he put on the floor was dangerous, regardless of talent. Mack is not going to be on that level. They may have a good team that could content for a title every 4-5 years or so, but they are not gonna be a perennial top 10-15 team.

They won't be on the level of the 80's Crum teams or the Rick teams of the last 10 years.

I think its a good hire for the dirty birds. Only time will tell if he can be successful there, but the guy had a pretty damn good resume at Xavier and put together a top 5 team with a limited recruiting base. I would love for him to get in there and change the environment there to make the rivalry at least somewhat civil like it was back in the Crum days.
WRONG AND WHY? Their success or failure has NO bearing on UK. We just need to take care of business and hope they LOSE every game they play because if you think they wish good things for us you are fooling yourself!!

How is Louisville such a great job? There are probably ten other schools that are just as good.

You are a moron.

Your former coach is on the hook for offering 100,000 dollars through Adidas to a recruit. This while your program was paying for hookers for recruits and players. You retained the regime through the season in order to compete. The players weren't going to play if not.

The ncaa just nailed your ass with the worst penalty that's ever been handed down and they haven't even reviewed the 100,000 dollar ordeal.

You kept Pitino through it all, only firing him when it was so bad you couldn't keep him.

You are f'd, but keep being naive. It will make it that much sweeter when your b* ass gets pumped full yet again.

Kentucky is not involved in the Bam ordeal. That was a runner working through NCState where he never played. Sorry, the only POS here with stink all over them is UL. The ONLY program in history to be stripped of a cheated title.

Idiots.

And start paying for the yum center and stop sucking off the teet of UK fans. Your whole rogue institution is a sham.

Lmao. Way to take sports way too seriously my dude. And no, you're so far off base I wouldn't know where to start. The only think that's a bigger mess than the "current state of the Louisville basketball program" is this quoted post. "Start paying for the Yum center" like its my personal bill that I'm behind on. Lol ok. Last, but not least, the fabrication that the rest of Kentucky is carrying the city of Louisville. Sure, building arc replicas is what keeps this state above water, not Humana, UPS, Papa John's, Trilogy, etc. The rest of Kentucky... Right.

On the bright side, Kentucky isn't going to be punished either. You should be happier than this post. So mad.

Last edited:
I doubt Xavier makes the tourney next year. It was either grab the $28m now or wait at least two years before maybe sniffing such an opportunity.

Two years is a lot sooner than the program he is at now will recover. My concern is will he last long enough to do it and what effect will that have on his career. He's only going to be making $800k more per season, that isn't worth the risk imo. If he kept X on track he could set himself up for a job paying what he is making at ul or more without all the issues. If he fails miserably and they end up using him like they did Padgett he's going to be back to begging for a job like the one he just left.

Mack gets a lot out of his players. X has had a good team since he was hired. I can see him recruiting well at UL. They might even win a couple of games next year.

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for Louisville to face additional sanctions. I honestly don’t think it will happen. The NCAA is going to act like the FBI stuff never happened and will change their rules again. Honestly we have played ineligible players based on the FBI findings and they did not, so we should be very careful where we tread on that matter.

You know whats hilarious to this Card fan. That cat fans hang there hat on b-ball , and thats it. You keep calling us little brother but our sports teams across the board are more successful. NCAA basketball isnt nearly as popular as it was 20-30 years ago. College football and other pro sports dominate talk radio right now all around the country, while March Madness is going on. Its by no means dying, but your program kept all of its eggs in one basket for way too long. 30 years ago, we were lil brotha. But now it just sounds like old timers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT