ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack to Louisville

r681890_5048660.jpg

Why take a down grade ? Like Others said , for 7 mil — sure , for only a small pay hike ??? Why ?

In all this is something that really pisses me off.
Several former UL players openly spoke about the need for UL to hire a Black coach.
I posted the other day after Tyra said he wanted to talk to Kenny Payne it was only a token gesture to please others.

UL and Tyra had no intention of hiring or even considering Kenny Payne.
Why in the hell is not something the media calls out?
This is from a school deeply in one scandal after another, and the need to have a clean image is a must. With all the BS going on these days with people calling others out for racism, sexism, you name it, why is this not being called out?
UL owes Kenny an apology in my book. You don't do crap like this. All a publicly stunt.
But its not racist to use him this way to please others!
Screw Tyra and UL.
Hang in there Kenny Payne; you will get yours day from a real school.

Players openly spoke about needing to hire a black coach? Seriously?

Past former players spoke about the need for a hiring of a Black coach. Said even UK had hired one.
Several former players endorsed Kenny for the job. They wanted him bad.
Tyra comes out then says he wants to talk with Kenny. All a show. All BS
Class is something those fools at UL lack dearly

he is an amazing coach but UL is going to struggle for a year or 2. I think by year 3 or 4 he will have them back in the top 25.
Wouldn’t call him amazing. He has had 4 years of 12 or more losses at X. Before they got to the Big East!

Past former players spoke about the need for a hiring of a Black coach. Said even UK had hired one.

If true, it’s pretty pathetic they only wanted a coach that’s black.

After the two crooks they just had, they should want guys that will do things the right way: not buying hookers for kids and using shoe companies to funnel money to players.

Worrying about the color of a coach should be the least of their worries.

If I was Kenny Payne and knew that was all they were doing when they made the call I would have told them to take a flying leap off the Kennedy bridge.

$4 million a year is a lot of $ but thought that the basketball program that supposedly has the highest revenue of any program in the country and saves money by getting cheap hookers could’ve forked out a little more.

not impressed with this guy staring a 4 years of Probations No recruits signed for Next Year Looks like nobody really wanted the uavel job..This guy grabbed the brass ring but the NCAA isn't done and will enjoy continuing the domination our Little Brother..[roll]

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
Louisville basketball may get the death penalty. So he may get paid for a year or two and not even have to do any coaching.

People throwing around words like "great" and "amazing". There are some great and amazing coaches in the country. K. Cal. Izzo. Roy. Self. A few others. Chris Mack isn't in that class, and a year ago no one even from Louisville would have called him a great coach. He's a good coach. Should do well. But this isn't the kind of hire that causes fear in other teams........

Several former UL players openly spoke about the need for UL to hire a Black coach.
I posted the other day after Tyra said he wanted to talk to Kenny Payne it was only a token gesture to please others.

This is from a school deeply in one scandal after another, and the need to have a clean image is a must. With all the BS going on these days with people calling others out for racism, sexism, you name it, why is this not being called out?
UL owes Kenny an apology in my book. You don't do crap like this. All a publicly stunt.
Screw Tyra and UL.

Why does U6... or anyone for that matter “have to hire a black coach ?” Or “have to “ hire a white coach? Or a yellow coach... or green?

What does race have to do with Anything ?

' Former players ' being the phrase in this case. You get the chance to hire Mack, you get him.

Dunno about the contract. I believe Pitinos was five. Two million from advertising, perks, shoe money. These coaches salaries for the schools have a lot of additional money the University doesn't claim. Tickets, travel, meals, housing or housing 'subsidy'.

A lot of these perks are.money schools like Xavier likely can't come up with.

Screw Tyra and UL.

What?

Payne’s profile has risen as a result of the interview.

Why is a black coach needed to improve the image?

This is a pretty great hire all things considered.

Remains to be seen how he'll do in the ACC (Which is going to 20 conference games.)

I think it is a pretty decent hire for UL. Only time will tell. And a lot depends on how bad UL gets hit once the NCAA starts investing what the FBI has on them. I saw Mack immediately offered a player for 2019 that has a UK offer. Lets start that rivalry.

Louisville basketball may get the death penalty. So he may get paid for a year or two and not even have to do any coaching.

Really do not see UL get the death penalty. They deserve it but the NCAA said some years ago they would most likely never do it again.

I hope his record against Wildcats translates. He was 1-10 against Nova.

You would have to think that they are pessimistic about his chances to beat Cal. If they thought he could beat Cal, on a regular basis, they would have given him the $7 million reported, instead of the $4 million, actual.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
not impressed with this guy staring a 4 years of Probations No recruits signed for Next Year Looks like nobody really wanted the uavel job..This guy grabbed the brass ring but the NCAA isn't done and will enjoy continuing the domination our Little Brother..[roll]

You would have to think that they are pessimistic about his chances to beat Cal. If they thought he could beat Cal, on a regular basis, they would have given him the $7 million reported, instead of the $4 million, actual.
Ben this guy the only person willing to sign on this dumpster fire

You pump Louisville a lot. Almost as much as you bash UK. o_O
Hate U6 as much as the next guy just saying it's a good choice for them...love it on this site that idiots will call somebody a troll or not a UK fan because you don't agree with every little whim some of you post...grow the hell up.

Reactions: jimmy5-11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT