ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Trayanum

It's like this every year, I guess every team has these injuries, some just worse than others. The difference is Kentucky can't afford or overcome them like a Bama, Georgia, LSU or Texas can. This will give someone else a chance to shine, hopefully someone can take advantage of it. I would rather have Chip back for the toughest part of the schedule.

Its football guys. Next man up. Some young guys gotta grow up over the next 18 days. So Miss should not be a problem. South Carolina game will be bigger. Having that first game to work out some jitters for the young guys will be key. Plus like some have said, we will need a package for Gavin to be in the backfield with Brock.

Doesn't know the plays (Shaedon Sharpe-esque)
Van Hiles has talked about how , often times a player isn’t fully engaged and dedicated when he knows he’s not going to get snaps so he doesn’t really apply himself so he’s slow to move up the depth chart , but his attitude completely changes when he realizes he’s going to play. Hopefully this will be the case with Wilcox.

Let's have a shotgun formation with Brock and Gavin side by side about 2 yards apart, center can snap to either, Patterson behind them and a 2 TE package. Options galore.

• Haha
Reactions: Blouman
Sucks of course but imo its ok if thats all we caught out of the scrimmage. Imo the gap at rb is pretty small. We should be fine.

It's like this every year, I guess every team has these injuries, some just worse than others. The difference is Kentucky can't afford or overcome them like a Bama, Georgia, LSU or Texas can. This will give someone else a chance to shine, hopefully someone can take advantage of it. I would rather have Chip back for the toughest part of the schedule.
need him back for South Carolina, but ESPECIALLY need him back for UGA.

I think that Texas and Texas A&M have both lost their starting RB for the season.

So you want only 1 of Brown, Key and Maclin on the field?

Possibly on 3rd and short plays only?

On a short yardage I'd be ok with that, the post I quoted made it seem like that was the ideal package for a series or something. Like he wanted UK to be an option team like Navy or something this year.

I just assumed the shotgun formation with "options galore" was due to his tongue was firmly planted in his cheek using a little hyperbole to be funny.

Reactions: EliteBlue
So you want only 1 of Brown, Key and Maclin on the field?
Do not mean every play. Just a wrinkle ever now and again. Our receivers were better downfield blocking last year but that has been issues in the past. Most plays you have to have DK,BB and others on the field for the passing game.

On a short yardage I'd be ok with that, the post I quoted made it seem like that was the ideal package for a series or something. Like he wanted UK to be an option team like Navy or something this year.
Brown and Key are going to draw attention. If Maclin can be that "other" guy who finds open spots.... We could have a special season.

Brown and Key are going to draw attention. If Maclin can be that "other" guy who finds open spots.... We could have a special season.
Is Macklin better than Tayvion Robinson? Who will be returning punts this year and will he be back there with Brown for Kickoffs?

Like most fans, I don't know much about players like Maclin that are new here, but I will say that he is by far the most talked about receiver from the coaches in the comments to the media and the public. I'm sure there are reasons for that.

Like most fans, I don't know much about players like Maclin that are new here, but I will say that he is by far the most talked about receiver from the coaches in the comments to the media and the public. I'm sure there are reasons for that.
He tore things up at North Texas last year.

Is Macklin better than Tayvion Robinson? Who will be returning punts this year and will he be back there with Brown for Kickoffs?

From what coaches have said about his approach (business-like, good decision-maker) /skills (great hands), I would be curious if Fred Farrier would be a good punt returner.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
From what coaches have said about his approach (business-like, good decision-maker) /skills (great hands), I would be curious if Fred Farrier would be a good punt returner.
good point. Punt returning is more about decision making and ball security than anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT