ADVERTISEMENT

Chip trayanum rb ohio st

You would think we should have zero problems getting a stud running back to come here!
One would certainly think so. My concern with both Trayanum and Sanders is they've had injuries that could stand in the way.

Just said on KSR that we were getting a commit at noon. Wouldn’t say who as to not spoil the kids moment.

Reactions: screwduke1
If this guy's healthy this is a major addition.
eh....I'm not sure he's a major addition. I think he for sure raises the floor from being very poor...but he's got a low ceiling IMO. He's had 4 years of college and his best year is 400 yards. I see a poor man's CRod....less tackle breaking ability, not a big play guy at all, etc...

I think it's good for us to have a proven between the tackles RB and he provides that in case Demi, Wilcox, Patterson and Mizell are not ready....I have no idea what Lavell Wright provides at this point

eh....I'm not sure he's a major addition. I think he for sure raises the floor from being very poor...but he's got a low ceiling IMO. He's had 4 years of college and his best year is 400 yards. I see a poor man's CRod....less tackle breaking ability, not a big play guy at all, etc...

I think it's good for us to have a proven between the tackles RB and he provides that in case Demi, Wilcox, Patterson and Mizell are not ready....I have no idea what Lavell Wright provides at this point
You indicate he's not a major addition then offer your last paragraph that shows he is. OK.

Reactions: JHB4UK

Hes played behind some quality guys-
At ASU he was with Jayden Daniels and Rachaad White (now NFL RB for the Bucs)
and of course Ohio St and Henderson/Williams

It would be nice if he were better than those guys but in that case he would not still be looking for a college destination- perhaps now it's his time to shine.

I think we’ll use him well. The fact that he went to OSU as a linebacker and then switched back to RB is a little odd. But I love having a powerful back

You indicate he's not a major addition then offer your last paragraph that shows he is. OK.
Ageed he’s OK….but not a major addition in my book. If 2024 pans out and he’s our main rusher like Ray Davis….that would not bode well

A stud after four years whose been moved to Lb and back to Rb…and best year is 400 yards with barely any receptions….he is not likely to be amazing to me

Hopefully he give us short yardage back and Wilcox or one of the other kids play a big role

RB or Linebacker? Sounds like he moved back to RB at tOSU out of need.

"A two-way star at Archbishop Hoban, there’s always been debate about which position he fits best. After giving running back a try, he transferred to Ohio State to play linebacker. Those plans fell through following a string of injuries in the backfield."

RB or Linebacker? Sounds like he moved back to RB at tOSU out of need.

"A two-way star at Archbishop Hoban, there’s always been debate about which position he fits best. After giving running back a try, he transferred to Ohio State to play linebacker. Those plans fell through following a string of injuries in the backfield."

OH St wanted to make a LB out of him but he is a RB for us.

Ageed he’s OK….but not a major addition in my book. If 2024 pans out and he’s our main rusher like Ray Davis….that would not bode well

A stud after four years whose been moved to Lb and back to Rb…and best year is 400 yards with barely any receptions….he is not likely to be amazing to me

Hopefully he give us short yardage back and Wilcox or one of the other kids play a big role
"main rusher like Ray Davis" would be 1000+ yds/20 TDs, I'll take that. And who cares if it's Trayanum, a young guy, a combination. Let's hope for RB production regardless who it is.

Think CT's 4.3/4.4 stuff is his shuttle time and not his 40 time. Still, watch his film...he has nice speed for someone that size.

Watching the videos of him, he reminds me a lot of Ray Davis. If we get that production out of him, look out.

Reactions: Girthang
Wrong. 230# RBs who run 4.4 don't exactly grow on trees.
You may be right....but he's had eons of time on 2 teams to put up some stats....his best is 400 yards.

He's probably a strong runner but from what little I've seen he's not shifty, can't cuts strong and breaking tackles is more than size.....having superior balance (like CRod has). I don't see him put up tape like that.

We will use him for sure....I just don't predict an amazing year from Trantham.

You may be right....but he's had eons of time on 2 teams to put up some stats....his best is 400 yards.

He's probably a strong runner but from what little I've seen he's not shifty, can't cuts strong and breaking tackles is more than size.....having superior balance (like CRod has). I don't see him put up tape like that.

We will use him for sure....I just don't predict an amazing year from Trantham.
FWIW, a lot of OSU fans have been saying that Trayanum is their best RB, this season, & have been clamoring for him to be RB1. Comments like that are all over his highlight videos on YT. IMO, he’s a perfect fit for what we need. Especially, if Wilcox is ready to contribute. I’m not saying he’s gonna duplicate Ray Davis’ numbers. But, we could have done a whole lot worse.

IMO, he’s a guy who will get the tough yards for us & hopefully keep us from getting behind the chains on early downs. And, he looks pretty fast in the open field, to me. Fast enough, anyway. Check out his highlights from the OSU Spring game this season. He had a long TD run (65 yards) against their 1st team defense & was in no danger of being caught from behind.

Welcome addition but let's not expect Davis type numbers. Davis put up insane numbers given the relatively limited touches. Plus his receiving was elite.

Definitely a step in the right direction though. We were in real trouble at that position
Could be a great combo if Wilcox lives up to expectations coming out of hs. This guy looks like a chain mover which can’t be understated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT