ADVERTISEMENT

Chip trayanum rb ohio st

Good addition. He isn't Ray Davis good, but a nice addition. Maybe if hes the feature back he'll be able to show what hes got.

I'd like for us to add some defensive players now.

I think some people are seriously downplaying how talented Chip Trayanum is. Put this dude on a team that favors the power running game and runs a lot of inside zone and you're looking at a 1,000 yard rusher next season. And that's with Wilcox getting his fair share of carries. I think we've just landed a real stud of a RB here and I'm very excited about this development.

I’m curious why everyone is already putting him in a box saying he’s this or that he could be really good. Jamison Williams transferred from OSU to Bama because “the WR room got full”. You think Bama fans thought Williams wouldn’t be good? I want Chip to be the next Davis or better maybe he becomes a star here.

Good addition. He isn't Ray Davis good, but a nice addition. Maybe if hes the feature back he'll be able to show what hes got.

I'd like for us to add some defensive players now.
Trayanum is different from Ray Davis. Davis is quick and runs like Boom with an ability to cut back multiple times. Trayanum is built like Benny. He is faster in a straight line than Benny but likely to be a one-cut runner (like Benny) with unusual power. Trayanum fits in a RB room with Wilcox, Patterson, and Mizell because each is different. And I don't mean to leave out Wright, who is perhaps a smaller version of Trayanum if he has learned how to hit a gap.

It occurred to me yesterday that I haven't heard a word yet about how Jaquez Keyes is doing in practice.

Half his carries were inside the 20 so total yards for the season or average per run is what someone who doesn’t know anything would use to assess his potential.

Trayanum is different from Ray Davis. Davis is quick and runs like Boom with an ability to cut back multiple times. Trayanum is built like Benny. He is faster in a straight line than Benny but likely to be a one-cut runner (like Benny) with unusual power. Trayanum fits in a RB room with Wilcox, Patterson, and Mizell because each is different. And I don't mean to leave out Wright, who is perhaps a smaller version of Trayanum if he has learned how to hit a gap.

It occurred to me yesterday that I haven't heard a word yet about how Jaquez Keyes is doing in practice.
I wasn't comparing them, I'm just saying I don't think he's going to be as good as Ray Davis was for us this year. I didn't say he wasn't going to be good either.
Half his carries were inside the 20 so total yards for the season or average per run is what someone who doesn’t know anything would use to assess his potential.
Do some you not realize he was 3rd string at Ohio St before Miyan Williams got hurt? I don't think its wrong to say pump the brakes a little bit.

I wasn't comparing them, I'm just saying I don't think he's going to be as good as Ray Davis was for us this year. I didn't say he wasn't going to be good either.

Do some you not realize he was 3rd string at Ohio St before Miyan Williams got hurt? I don't think its wrong to say pump the brakes a little bit.
Yes, we know all of that. OH St's roster is stacked. Players transfer for other opportunities. As I suggested before, Trayanum fits well in our RB room along with DSK, Wilcox, Patterson, and Mizell. We have a potentially excellent SEC QB now. The unspoken key here is rebuilding the BBW. Who is to say how Trayanum will perform in the SEC, but I trust Coach Coen. If you are pressing the point that Trayanum will be a step down from other recent UK RBs, I would prefer to give him a chance before passing judgment since Coach Coen obviously likes the fit. 230# RBs who run 4.4 tend to be special. Benny didn't run 4.4.

Yes, we know all of that. OH St's roster is stacked. Players transfer for other opportunities. As I suggested before, Trayanum fits well in our RB room along with DSK, Wilcox, Patterson, and Mizell. We have a potentially excellent SEC QB now. The unspoken key here is rebuilding the BBW. Who is to say how Trayanum will perform in the SEC, but I trust Coach Coen. If you are pressing the point that Trayanum will be a step down from other recent UK RBs, I would prefer to give him a chance before passing judgment since Coach Coen obviously likes the fit. 230# RBs who run 4.4 tend to be special. Benny didn't run 4.4.
Then he's nothing like Benny. Benny didn't have breakaway speed. And how do you know if he's going to compare like Benny if half his carries were inside the 20? I'm not the one not giving him a chance. You're the one giving him an unfair comparison so you can give people a reason to shit on him if he doesn't live up to it.

FWIW, a lot of OSU fans have been saying that Trayanum is their best RB, this season, & have been clamoring for him to be RB1. Comments like that are all over his highlight videos on YT. IMO, he’s a perfect fit for what we need. Especially, if Wilcox is ready to contribute. I’m not saying he’s gonna duplicate Ray Davis’ numbers. But, we could have done a whole lot worse.

IMO, he’s a guy who will get the tough yards for us & hopefully keep us from getting behind the chains on early downs. And, he looks pretty fast in the open field, to me. Fast enough, anyway. Check out his highlights from the OSU Spring game this season. He had a long TD run (65 yards) against their 1st team defense & was in no danger of being caught from behind.
If Wilcox fits the Boom Williams comparisons, hopefully Trayanum gives us the Snell/Williams like combination. I wouldn’t be mad at that.

OSU fan here. Chip is a tough, hard-nosed runner. He was used primarily in goal line or short yardage situations. While not a burner, he has deceptive speed in the open field and can catch the ball out of the backfield. He's a good solid back. Good pickup.
Thanks for the information. He sounds like precisely what we need to carry on the Benny Snell and C-Rod lineage here. We love tough, hard-nosed runners.

Not saying he will be as good as Snell or C-Rod...but every good offense UK has had under Stoops we had a physical RB like Chip on the roster.

Reactions: grevey35
I think some are throwing some pretty wild expectations on Chip and even Brock to an extent as well. We really have no idea how both will play. Some seem ready to crown them both.

I'd rather have them than not have them though for sure. Hopefully both of them kill it in Coens offense

I havnt said anything about his potential. Just that using ypc or ypg as evidence is low intelligence.

They would be awesome, but remember that Davis was a 1,000 yard RB at Vandy.
Agreed. He is more of an unknown than Davis and I will take a wait-and-see approach. However, his unknown comes from lack of opportunity on a championship caliber program. Davis came from Vandy. Two different worlds. Just on the limited video I've seen, I see similarities in their running styles and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. He is a really nice pickup by the staff.

Reactions: JASUN74
RB or Linebacker? Sounds like he moved back to RB at tOSU out of need.

"A two-way star at Archbishop Hoban, there’s always been debate about which position he fits best. After giving running back a try, he transferred to Ohio State to play linebacker. Those plans fell through following a string of injuries in the backfield."
He prefers RB which is why he went to ASU over an offer to play LB at OSU. PLayed behind NFL RB at ASU and left when Edwards got fired and chose to return to OSU as LB. They switched back to RB2 due to injures and he averaged about 5-6 carries most games and got 20 carries in one game.

FWIW, a lot of OSU fans have been saying that Trayanum is their best RB, this season, & have been clamoring for him to be RB1. Comments like that are all over his highlight videos on YT. IMO, he’s a perfect fit for what we need. Especially, if Wilcox is ready to contribute. I’m not saying he’s gonna duplicate Ray Davis’ numbers. But, we could have done a whole lot worse.

IMO, he’s a guy who will get the tough yards for us & hopefully keep us from getting behind the chains on early downs. And, he looks pretty fast in the open field, to me. Fast enough, anyway. Check out his highlights from the OSU Spring game this season. He had a long TD run (65 yards) against their 1st team defense & was in no danger of being caught from behind.
Treyveon Henderson is the best running back on OSU and was first team all-B1G. I’m happy about Chip and agree he’s a good fit here

Treyveon Henderson is the best running back on OSU and was first team all-B1G. I’m happy about Chip and agree he’s a good fit here
No doubt. Chip is a one cut, big back, who has burst and plays through contact. Not sure what kind of a blocker. He may have decent hands, but I don’t think he is a back who will be a threat for the homerun each time he touches the ball. He may, however, be a really good compliment to Demie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT